Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Stoke City

Good to see a club helping the fans out, spreading out the extra TV cash even if it only a small gesture rather than lowering season ticket prices.

....free travel is a great offer, but there is a downside in that you do have to go and watch Stoke! I imagine their fans might prefer a bit of transfer activity, tbh.

It''s a win win for everyone involved really. The club gets more fans to the away games in the hope that some support can improve their performances, the fans get to travel for free, and again the club look good because it looks like they''re doing it for the fans.

Maybe it''s a "sorry for all the dross you have to put up with" gesture, but there really aren''t any losers in this situation other than perhaps the home teams who may not be able to sell as many home tickets against Stoke this season.

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

They''ve hired a taxi for the first game, but may increase it to a minibus if there is enough interest. [:D]

[/quote]

Great idea from Stoke. This will encourage more away support and that extra vocal support may just on a rare occasion be the difference between 0 and 1 point away from home.

It''s a good customer service policy that won''t cost the club anything significant.

It''s a lot cheaper over the course of a season for Stoke to implement a policy like this than it would be for Norwich, due to the close proximity of a lot of PL clubs, but a nice gesture and I''m sure one that their fans will appreciate. It actually makes an away game as cheap as a casual ticket for a home game. 

Good for Stoke. Our last two away games at Stoke were two of the worst away games I''ve witnessed - this year we treated them as if they were Man U or Barcelona rather than a team that we might have had a chance of beating. I''ll be there again along with the TV camera this year. Not the most obvious fixture to have picked!