Sign in to follow this  
CanaryFrom1979

Straw Poll - Bendtner Yes or No

Good performance this morning, nice to see squad players get a run-out and congrats to Murphy on what appears to have been a corker of a goal.

Two points to raise:

One: Toivonen declined, Quag declined and Hooper may be tempted by QPR''s more cash then brains method of signing players, if this happens would we as NCFC supporters be open to NB from Arsenal, he is still relatively young and has decent Div1 and European experience (compared to Hull we are the established Div1 side)

Two: Since the Youth Cup win as lot has been posted about Morris and the Murphys, personally I would use them in League Cup and FA Cup early rounds (dependent on draw), how does this sound to the yellow army ?

Would be a big wage commitment for a player who is very similar in his style to RvW.

Toivonen and Quagliarella both play deeper than RvW and could work well alongside him - can''t see Bendtner and Ricky being able to play together well.

Would like to see both the Murphys out on loan somewhere, better than giving them one or two games in the cups. Don''t think Morris is ready for even lower league football yet, another year in the development squad should help him.

I wouldn''t be opposed to Bendtner but suspect he would demand wages higher than we would be prepared to pay for a squad player.

We would possibly be the right sort of club for him to re-kickstart a career that seems to have faltered of late.

I would love to see the occasional youngster blooded in the early cup stages next year. After the dire performance our squad players achieved against the mighty Luton last year they certainly couldn''t do any worse!

Point taken, re NB, this is more or less my thinking, he has to restart somewhere.

re Cup runs, the Luton point hits the nail on the head, cup football would be the right competitive atmosphere to test young players.

So then the big question what are our other potential forward signings, accepting Wes, RvW, Becchio, Murphy and Murphy as competition My point is that we really need two more forwards one a out-and-out striker and a competitor and possible successor to Wes.

No to Bendtner. Very very average.

Interestingly Bethnall I would disagree, I would have thought Morris was the one who was closer to first team football, simply due to his physique. The Murphy''s are still built like boys, another year of youth team for me, whereas Morris is already built like a man, I think he is ready to play mans football, whichever that level may be.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]No to Bendtner. Very very average. Interestingly Bethnall I would disagree, I would have thought Morris was the one who was closer to first team football, simply due to his physique. The Murphy''s are still built like boys, another year of youth team for me, whereas Morris is already built like a man, I think he is ready to play mans football, whichever that level may be.[/quote]

Morris is big compared to other 17/18 year olds, he isn''t particulary big compared to players he would face in League football - also, from what I saw of him, his game is based around his physical strength - as soon as he is up against players who are stronger than him, he will become much less effective.

It''s very rare for players who play a physical style to break through at a young age (Andy Carroll being the only example I can think of). It is much easier for young wingers or pacy forwards to compete as they rely on speed and skill rather than strength.

He''s a good player and would be perfect for us, but I don''t think he is deserving of walking into the club as top earner. 
He is said to be on £50k a week. If that is true, then that is £20k a week too much. 
I don''t have a problem with his self-confidence, he is a striker he needs it, but he has too much self belief and pride to take a step down and a pay cut. 
Hull City are said to want him. Clearly they learnt absolutely nothing  from giving Geovanni and Jimmy Bullard £50k a week, let them have him if that''s the money in question. 

I liked Bendtner when he first broke into the Arsenal side, he seemed to have lots of football ability and a special gift of drifting off his marker and finding space only to be fairly wasteful.

However, after his early promise and natural ability he appears to have gotten mentally lazy and I would severely question how much he really wants it.

If hughton can work some magic on him, he would another great signing.

the boy is talented - just not as talented as he thinks he is.   I think he is a better footballer than hooper for example.

Its not an unequivocal yes - think there is better value out there 

As a joke, my friend said we were after him on the same night we had just lost Holt. I stand by the swear words that I uttered.