Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

"in" things to say......

Whoever first used the term "silly season" deserves a chuckle.

Everyone else who uses that now-annoying, no longer funny or original term deserves to be called a hack.

We didn''t pull up any trees today; parking the bus; he''s got a good engine in him; we had a bad day at the office, are just a few I love to hate. Football and sports journalism in general is absolutely crammed with cliches, most of which annoy me greatly. Funnily enough, though, a lot of these hackneyed phrases were good, clever, concise expressions the first time they were used - that''s why they have become so popular and so frequently employed by everybody. You don''t hear "it''s all gone pear shaped" very much these days - thank god!

''lad''

As in - ''he''s such a lad''.

I thought as a society we had managed to get rid of this term when awful magazines such as Loaded almost died, (although I suppose the even worse Zoo and Nuts replaced them). But the ''lad'' seems to be back and even more vile than the previous incarnation

"Random" to describe anything funny, whose reason for being funny you do not comprehend, and are incapable of analysing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0oLNZw2weg

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

For me it is the word LIKE.

Once you have, like, tuned into how many times your average teenager says like, it will, like, drive you mad.

I just,like, found this,like cool video on you tube.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIkt6f8whc

[/quote]It''s much the same with ''stoners'' who lapse into hippy speak

you can usually tell how strong the gear is by the number of ''mans'' in each sentence

(try it)

Blooded!

It''s not a pitch battle from the Hundred Years war, it''s a game.

As for like, a funny guy I worked with used to interrupt people using it by saying, "similar to". I made a conscious effort to not get caught in that vortex. It was actually quite easy when I paid better attenntion to what I was saying.