Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

"in" things to say......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The latest one doing the rounds, that is driving me mad is "resale value!"The other one that did my head in was "young and hungry players" People get caught up in it all.....What other words drive you mad or were a "fad" over recent years.[/quote]agreed... this and "i''ll settle for 17th".... what a narrow minded bunch of fans we have!

Posting 400 times on a thread you started, responding in painstaking detail to every post, though with a careless misplacement of logic, and an inconsistency of opinion of literally Biblical proportions.

Jonzey wrote: "I have to say I have argued on here using ''resale value'' as a point. But not because it''s a fad, but because I am an accountant and i know it is a very important factor in transfers. To dismiss resale value because you just want a new shiney striker without considering all facets of the deal is the kind of thinking that ruins a club financially."

I think this underlines exactly why you are in the main wrong.

If you were talking about purchasing property, or a car, then you''d be right. But when you are talking about players that are bought to form a team it''s very different and that is really where your stance fails.

Age is always an important factor of any transfer of course - but re-sale value is not. Not all players will be signed with the idea that we would likely sell them on again. What''s more, players shouldn''t be signed purely because we may be more likely to be able to sell them later - it doesn''t really make a great deal of sense, financially or in terms of football.

For the most part, over the last couple of seasons we have had a pretty low average age. Right now you can count the number of players 30 and above, in our squad, on one hand. Infact I believe there is only two - Hoolahan and Nash.

The other signings we have made are all in their early to mid 20''s with the exception of Nash.

When you are buying players aged around 28/29/30 and giving them three year contracts you know that their value, for the most part (ie not including freebies), is going to decrease. So in those transfers, there is little or no intention of buying them with that idea there at all. It won''t have been a consideration.

What they will be looking at is what that player can bring to the team for the next two to three seasons. Will he perhaps have a good influence on younger players? More importantly will he bring something to the team that we need - goals, creativity, quality?

In many ways it means we can get good players at a cheaper price. A 28 year old could cost as much as twice the price of a 30 year old.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Posting 400 times on a thread you started, responding in painstaking detail to every post, though with a careless misplacement of logic, and an inconsistency of opinion of literally Biblical proportions.[/quote]

[Y]

Is it too much to ask to write press conference instead of PRESSER.

Please stop writing that you sound lik a match of the day wannabe kn0b head.

Also the people who compete to be the best supporter,

Hopefully we all support Norwich its not a compition and those who do this also fit into the kn0b head category.

[quote user="chicken"]Jonzey wrote: "I think this underlines exactly why you are in the main wrong.

If you were talking about purchasing property, or a car, then you''d be right. But when you are talking about players that are bought to form a team it''s very different and that is really where your stance fails.[/quote]

How many players have we purchased in the past 3 to 4 seasons and sold on for profit? I don''t think any manager has got such players in with that in mind but what he can get out of the player while here.

Recent seasons, we''ve got the most out of regular players. Ups & downs in games but mainly got what we can out of them, if no good, shipped them out.

Scottlarock wrote the following post at 17/07/2013 8:37 PM:

Banter or bants.

...''the goalie had no chance''

I''m right with you on '' the goalie had no chance'' seems a pointless thing to say! If the goalie had a chane he would of gone for it!!!

Not new I guess but during the last 8 weeks of a season the phase "Our destiny is now in our own hands" is used a million times.

The definition of destiny is...

"Destiny or fate is a predetermined course of events It may be conceived as a predetermined future, whether in general or of an individual. It is a concept based on the belief that there is a fixed natural order to the cosmos."

Destiny is a fixed predetermined course of events.There is NOTHING more out of your own hands than destiny!!!

QPR have agreed a fee

Random player would be excited to play with Rooney

Rooney is going nowhere

Surez would think about a move to step up to the next level

Stoke are also monitoring the situation

[quote user=" wolfswinkel "]Scottlarock wrote the following post at 17/07/2013 8:37 PM:

Banter or bants.

...''the goalie had no chance''

I''m right with you on '' the goalie had no chance'' seems a pointless thing to say! If the goalie had a chane he would of gone for it!!![/quote]
Doesn''t fuss me that.  ''Would of'' is more irritating.

"nail on head" as in I have absolutely no clue either what I''m talking about but I fully agree with your ignorant view

"prudence over ambition" as in I have no basic grasp of finance or company law

"next level" as in I don''t have suffecient education or commonsense to understand the connection between finances and league position

"Town will be top-six next season so play-offs here we come."

Well that''s the "in" thing to say on the other side of the Waveney apparently. Risible.