Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

24 goals in the Eredivisie - Alfred Finnbogason

in 31 games for SC Heereenveen.

With our move for Hooper looking in doubt, I think making a move for Finnbogason should be a priority. Aston Villa are interested in him, and I''d hate for them to get another Benteke.

http://avillafan.com/site/6723/alfred-finnbogason-the-lethal-finisher-being-lined-up-as-bentekes-replacement/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Finnbogason

“I put Finnbogason in the category of strikers like Ruud van Nistelrooy, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Jon Dahl Tomasson. All started their career at Heerenveen.”

“Finnbogason could become a fabulous striker. He has fantastic vision, an eye for goals and is of massive value to this club.”

Heerenveen manager Marco Van Basten

I''d rather we go for Philipp Hosiner from Austria Wien, he''s not as similar to strikers we already have upfront, in that he has a bit of pace about him, and my word can he put them away

32 goals in 36 league games aswell as 10 assists and 41 goals in 48 overall games

Predator.

Totally agree. Top player and the IMHO the best striker to partner RvW. Transfermarkt value him at £4 million but I assume that he would cost considerably more. Sticking to the Icelandic theme, I think Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, who plays up front for Ajax, would also be worth looking at. Similar age and also valued at £4 mill.

Hosiner plays in a Pub league though. My money is on Roux, decent record in a decent League with that versatility that CH seems to look for.

[quote user="diderot44"]Totally agree. Top player and the IMHO the best striker to partner RvW. Transfermarkt value him at £4 million but I assume that he would cost considerably more. Sticking to the Icelandic theme, I think Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, who plays up front for Ajax, would also be worth looking at. Similar age and also valued at £4 mill.[/quote]

Transfermarkt seem to under value every player on their database, e.g Ruddy has a value of only £3.5m.

Herman wrote - "Roux who?"

Sorry, Nolan Roux, plays for Lille and has been linked with us by the local media there. Would fit the second striker role that we seem to be targeting.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Herman wrote - "Roux who?"

Sorry, Nolan Roux, plays for Lille and has been linked with us by the local media there. Would fit the second striker role that we seem to be targeting.[/quote]

When and where was he linked? Quality player but searched web and can''t find a thing on this one at all.