Sign in to follow this  
The Fish

Geordie in Peace

All right lads, in preparation for the new season I thought I''d get the

lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the

majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a

stranger.
What''s a realistic aim for your team this season?Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?Which of your players do you predict having a big season?Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?Which fixtures do you immediately look for?Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?What''s your most memorable game against NUFC?Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what''s your take on the Kinnear debacle?Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?Pardew

winds up quite a few opposition managers, what''s your take on him? Is

he just playing mind games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a

mouth?Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?
Thanks

in advance for any and all answers. I''ll be back here to collate them

before sticking them on a Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

Top half finish would be great

We need a couple of strikers to add depth and a new Center back. An attacking mid would also help to add more competition for wes.

Fer and Wolfswinkel will be good to watch but Swansea also look to have got a

Good player in bony.

I reckon ricky will have a good season, as will ruddy. Fer will have a good season but as he''s a holding midfielder he won''t get the credit he deserves.

Villa fixtures are always interesting. As are the games against the big clubs because there''s always a chance you can pull off a good result.

I''m looking forward to Palace away most because its close to where I live and west ham away least because they''re hard to beat at home.

The 4-2 win when Newcastle were flying high a couple of seasons back was my most memorable game because I missed the game so finding out we won was great.

Kinnear isn''t fit to run a lemonade stand. Never mind a football club. Cocky and arrogant with no filter on what he says.

I would live Cabaye and sissoko in our side. Ben Arfa also looks good and marveux looks like a nifty little player.

Pardew is a good manager but can be inappropriate, like when he pushed the Lino.

I can see Newcastle improving greatly on last season and finishing 11th

10th or higher would be a fantastic achievement, would still settle for 17th

Another quality striker, a back up striker and another quality CB to add competition

Van Wolfswinkle, Fer and Redmond.. Though I think Howson might come into his own, maybe butterfield might finally get a game too.

RVW, Fer, Howson, Ruddy and Bassong

My biggest worry is that RVW will be under pressure and might not find a rhythm but I''m hoping this isn''t the case. Some of the old squad might struggle to find a place, hard to see Tetty, Surman and some of the other midfield getting a game.

First home game, last home game... Fixtures against newly promoted and also Villa.. Still like to get one over on Lambert.

Swansea.. Oddly we always seem to do well there!

Most memorable against the toon is either the ''04 season Safri wonder goal and Ashton last minute header, though last years home game was also a great performance from city.

I feel abit for Newcastle, its a bizarre situation and I think they should have tried to be more subtle about it... Maybe by not allowing old joe to talk to the press. Personally I think the managers word should be final and I think this could bite Ashley in backside... Especially if you get rid of Pardew and Kinner wants role as caretaker.

Ben Afar and Cabaye would walk into our starting 11 though I feel as we strengthen we are slowly bridging the gap between our two squads in terms of quality.

Newcastle could finish anywhere between 10th and 19th, I think this Kinner situation could be what causes a fairly slow season, though I think the quality of the teams coming up will help most teams stay in the league. I feel your a good momentum team and if you go on a purple patch you will be pushing top half, but if that confidence goes then it might be an uncomfortable end to the season.

Top 10 would be great, and certainly achievable if our new crop quick enoughAnother striker or 2 to partner/compete with Ricky Van Wolfswinkel wouldn''t go amissRicky Van Wolfswinkel, Leroy Fer, Navas, Negredo and Jovetic Ruddy, Bassong, RVW, Howson (if he plays in his favoured role)Players such as Fox, Surman, E. Bennett etc are all good players but can''t see them having much game timeSince there''s no Ipsw*ch (yet again...!) there isn''t really a certain team. Just look to see the first game, games over xmas and the run inMost- Arsenal, Cardiff, Liverpool, Saints, Swansea and West Ham as I have never done thoseLeast- Stoke, hate going there, always lose and is a **** hole!2-1 win in ''05. Helveg plays it to Safri who scores a 45 yard screamer, Kluivert equalised in 90th minute, only for Ashton to score a winner in the 94th minute!Hilarious! Car crash waiting to happen! What the hell is Mike Ashley thinking?!Cisse, Ben Arfa, Coloccini and Cabeye (Kebab!)Not really got an opinion of him, not as terrible as people make him out to be,  but much like the Chelsea debacle under Benitez, will never be given the time of day by the Geordie faithful.Fans against the manager, Joke in here back on the scene, upsetting players with the sponsorship etc etc... Lucky to finish higher than 13th

I''m too lazy to reply to all your questions, but the best Norwich Newcastle game I''ve seen was your  2-1 win here in 1994.  Two great teams at the time and one of the most exciting games I''ve seen at Carrow Road, even though we lost.

Realistic aim for this season is top 10. This is the season real progress can be made!

A couple of strikers (one quality, one back-up) and ball-playing centre mid should just about get us there.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel will be the most eagerly anticipated PL new boy for 99% of Norwich fans.

Van Wolfswinkel will have a big season. John Ruddy will also have another blinder.

With the signing of Leroy Fer, it will be interesting to see how Tettey, Johnson and Howson react. Unfortunately a couple of them will have to miss out on 1st team football this season, so could be disappointing for those guys who worked so hard last season.

None in particular. The first few games, the run-in, then after that just the big boys (and Villa of course for our little rivalry).

Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have in the past been the most exciting aways days for me. It''s always fun to visit the big boys, playing at grounds steeped in tradition, and there''s plenty of places to enjoy a drink around the grounds. Least favourite is Palace. Horrible little ground, it''s a pain to get to, and we never ever beat Palace, home or away!

The 4-2 victory a couple of seasons ago was fantastic, but not much can beat the 2-1 victory in ''04-''05 - a wonder strike, and a 94th minute winner!!

You''ve said it yourself, it''s a debacle! It seems Mike Ashley just keeps on finding new ways to wind-up the Newcastle fans, time and time again. I worry for Newcastle, as I can see the wheels well and truly coming off whilst Kinnear is there.

I''d love to see Cisse, Ben Arfa and Cabaye in our side. Think we could seriously put a challenge for Top 7 together if we had those!

I was impressed with Newcastle''s season a couple of years ago, but that aside, Pardew has always struck me as a wannabe who''s too big for his boots. I''d be surprised if he see''s out the remainder of this season, let alone the length of his ridiculous contract!

As previously said, I worry for Newcastle this season. I can''t see the Kinnear/Pardew thing working, and I think their saving grace is the fact that the three sides coming up are really going to have a tough time of it. Survival, but only just. 17th.

What''s a realistic aim for your team this season?

Realistically I think we could a achieve a top half finish. I anticipate it being as close as it was last season, so not many points will separate that and scrapping near the bottom, so I could see us being anywhere between 8th and 16th. We won''t be relegated.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

We definitely need a new striker or two, as at the moment we only have V.Wolfswinkel and Becchio on the books. We''ll probably get one in permanently and one on loan later in the window. A CB also seems a priority as we look a little shaky when Bassong or Turner are out.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

For us, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel is the obvious choice, since Grant Holt has left we need a new hero.

For the rest of the league, I''m quite looking forward to seeing Man City''s new trio in Navas, Negredo and Jovetic. Am also interested to see how Altidore does at Sunderland (sorry).

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

I think Jonny Howson will carry on his form from the end of last season and surprise a few people.

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

I wouldn''t go so far as disappointing but I hope people don''t expect too much, too quickly from Nathan Redmond. He''s still a young lad after all. Watch him set the world alight now I''ve gone and said this.

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?

I don''t to be honest, I suppose first game, last game, Boxing Day and New Years Day are the main four.

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?

Most is probably Arsenal at the Emirates, least has to be Palace at Selhurst Park, as I have it on a reliable source that it''s a total hole.

What''s your most memorable game against NUFC?

Probably when we beat you 2-1 in 2005. Safri smashed us in front from nearly 40 yards. Kluivert equalised for you on 90 minutes, but Ashton won it for us right at the death. I actually thought we''d stay up after that...

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what''s your take on the Kinnear debacle?

I just don''t understand the thinking at all, are they trying to make Pardew walk? The bloke (Kinnear) is at best delusional and at worst, absolutely bats**t mental. To think anyone has given him a position of any power anywhere is just scary.

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?

I guess we''ll take Cisse if you can''t sort out your Wonga problems. Other than that, I''ll pass thanks. Oh hang on, Colicinni can come too.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what''s your take on him? Is he just playing mind games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

I just think he''s a very, very average manager. I know you finished 5th the other year, but every dog has his day and that was his.

Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?

Same as I predicted for us. Fighting to be "The best of the rest" but could just as easily go pear shaped and end up about 16th. I''ll go for 14th.

Agree with a lot of what has been said, but Pardew? Oh dear oh dear. As in the words of someone high up at our Club, ''What an odious man''.

He wants to be everyone''s chum when things are going well, trying to pass himself off as a World class manager, but when the pressure is on, spiteful and awful

Kinnear? He is as old school as our ''Arry, but at least ''Arry has tried to get up to speed with modern football. Mind blowing appointment. Plenty of better choices. Akin to a Dave Bassett appointment, and they can''t stand him either

Have always got a soft spot for Newcastle, probably because my Mum is a Geordie. As a teenager, I can remember (at a home game) being pushed up against a fence by a bunch of Newcastle fans wanting my scarf, and then standing in the Barclay watching it get burned during the game.

Really enjoyed the 4-2 two seasons ago, but also the 2-2 away game, when we were last in the Prem (Did the Doc score?), as I felt that could have been a turning point in our confidence levels for the season ahead, alas no!

Us to finish 10th ,and Newcastle need to get some unity, as they could really implode I fear, not to the extent of relegation, but a very bad season.

Looking forward to all our new signings, but especially Redmond, even though he isn''t the most high profile of them, but he could offer something different.

9th - Top 10 would be a great season

With a quality centre half and striker, the skys the limit

Van Wolfswinkel with out doubt and Fer. Outside of us Coutinho, Negredo, Van Ginkel

This is Howson''s year but RVW could be massive.

I think Wes Hoolahan will struggle to get much game time this season and will be out shone by Howson and Fer

Honestly, Newcastle away (My Boss is a Newcastle fan, so we''ve been to both games past couple of years) Apart from that any Northern away games.

Most - Newcastle Away, Big Boys

Least - Hull Away (Shi1thole) Liverpool (get battered)

The game we came from 2 down at your place to draw 2-2. Think Bentley and the Doc scored for us. Bobby Robsons last game I believe

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what''s your take on the Kinnear debacle?

The least said the better, an embarrassment to your club

Debucy, Cabaye

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what''s your take on him? Is he just playing mind games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

Very average.

16th

What''s a realistic aim for your team this season?anywhere between 6-12thWhere do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?another striker or 2, probably another centre back, as well as a few loansWhich new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?wolfswinkle, fer, and ive got a bit of a soft spot for zaha Which of your players do you predict having a big season?redmond - could well be the bargain of the seasonWhich of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?who knows! this forum has a habit of creating a scape goat so ive no doubt someone will get criticised heavilyWhich fixtures do you immediately look for?manure, chelski, man city, spurs and the scousersWhich away game are you looking forward to the most/least?most - ipswich in the cup ;) least - palace - always seem to cause problemsWhat''s your most memorable game against NUFC?http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/matchday/matches/2004-2005/epl.match-report.html/norwich-vs-newcastleNewcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what''s your take on the Kinnear debacle?recipe for disaster. clearly put there by ashley to put pressure on pardew to perform. Wont be shocked to see him in charge by xmas and then you really are in the sh1tWhich Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?cisse and krulPardew

winds up quite a few opposition managers, what''s your take on him? Is

he just playing mind games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a

mouth?good manager imo, i think you got a bit shafted last season with the europa cup, that many games = injuries & fatigue and its a bit of a waste competition nowadays (not like when we were in it ;) )Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?if you manage to avoid the kinnear/pardew drama that i think everyone suspects is coming then youll be back in the 6th to 12th area again. If it all turns into an episode of eastenders then you might just end up fighting the mackems for that final relegation spot

What''s a realistic aim for your team this season? somewhere between 12-8. top half would be great.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? we need at least one more striker, a cb, and a left winger.

Leroy Fer, Van Wolfswinkel, Jesus Navas.

Fer

Elliot Benno, don''t think he will get much playing time.

Cardiff, for the Mackay connection, and that''s about it. more excited for the chance of the scum or wigan in the cups

unfortunately don''t think I''ll be able to make one.

the 4-2 at carrow road was a great game.

disrespectful to Pardew, made Newcastle look quite bad in my eyes, feel for the fans.

Cisse

Like Pardew, says it how it has, had a rough time last season.

unfortunately can see Pardew either walking out or being made to take a back seat. can''t see you going down though. 17-13.

top half finish and a decent cup run

need another striker to link up play with the midfield

RVW obviously. I think most deals are yet to be done from the top 6

Redmond I am hopeful for! Also hope one of our youth players such as Murphy, Morris etc could make a breakthrough

The likes of Fox, Surman, Ayala are going to find game time hard to come by

The ones near me in Yorkshire, so Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle

My first of the season, Hull. Hope to get to Liverpool this year and maybe Arsenal.

The 2-1 win with Safri''s bullet and Ashtons last minute winner.

The papers as usual have blown it all out of proportion, but it does strike me as a strange appointment.

Ben Arfa, Cisse (fancy giving him to us?) Ameobi (jk!) and Cabaye

Seems a decent bloke. You should have kept Hughton, but Pardew on the whole has done alright. He was a victim of his first season last year.

Away from relegation, but nowhere near the 5th place of 2 years ago. Maybe around us challenging for top half, so i''ll go 11th just behind us :)