Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Gafaiti

Set to play again, is he being groomed for stardom? I, like others, had never heard of him until a few days ago. 
I know Turner and Bassong are at home but Ryan Bennett is a sub and Whittaker is on the bench (so Russell Martin could have played CB), and the non-involvement of Leon Barnett appears to be because he has been told he is surplus to requirements.

Adel Gafaiti appears to have slipped under the radar for many, but then being a defender and being too old by a few weeks for the Youth Cup Final he hasn''t had the mentions other youngsters have, so if it helps here''s a copy of a post I made in April.

Yes I have see him play numerous times this season. He is just a few weeks too old to play for the U18s, therefore is a very young prospect in the U21s. His best game this season was against Stoke at home, when he outperformed two first team defenders playing in the match. He is a very talented young man, intelligent with a great attitude, who constantly works on improving his game. he is a genuine prospect and learning very quickly.  IMO we have a young man who offers a great deal, who should be nurtured, he learns quickly and if he continues to develop as he has this year I would expect to see him pushing for a first team place within a year.  He is an ever present in Scott Marshall''s U21 team and for those of you who want to see him play he will be in the U21 fixture at Colney next Monday v Newcastle and in the upcoming Norfolk Senior Cup Final at Carrow Rd.

Thanks Ray - maybe because the Youth team did so well last season many of us are unaware of the potential talent sandwiched in-between! Are there any other bright players in that group to look out for?

Jamar Dunga striker and Ewan McNeil right back. There are trialists coming from around the world at all age groups, as far afield as Australia and America, so who knows for the future.