Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Leon Barnett

Doncaster are being linked with him today. I think that would be his ''level'', and would do a very good job at a Club in that sort of League placing.

Hasn''t quite got the ''A'' game of a Bassong or Turner to make an impression on selection I am afraid.

Would be a good move for him and all parties. Good championship defender but very very limited in the prem, torn apart by better quality strikers. Hopefully we recoup some of his original transfer fee

[quote user="priceyrice"]Would be a good move for him and all parties. Good championship defender but very very limited in the prem, torn apart by better quality strikers. Hopefully we recoup some of his original transfer fee[/quote]

Anyone know how much that was? Seem to remember it was undisclosed as most of our transfers seem to be

Cardiff really wanted him.He was brilliant for them last season and I remember them wanting him to return at the very least just to collect his Championship medal for the work he did for them.However, I would imagine we aren''t too keen on selling him to league rivals.Imagine if he made a goal line clearance for example which cost us 3 points.We would look like fools.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Cardiff really wanted him.He was brilliant for them last season and I remember them wanting him to return at the very least just to collect his Championship medal for the work he did for them.However, I would imagine we aren''t too keen on selling him to league rivals.Imagine if he made a goal line clearance for example which cost us 3 points.We would look like fools.[/quote]
Think we would sell to whoever offered the most. Can''t imagine anyone at the club would have a problem with Leon going to another prem team. If Cardiff wanted him they could get him easily enough 
Wasn''t his transfer fee around 800K