Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Norwich team v dorados

“@NorwichCityFC: #ncfc team v @doradosoficial: Ruddy; Gafaiti, R Bennett, Ayala, Surman; E Bennett, Tettey, Fox, Redmond; Butterfield; Becchio. #otbcUSA”

Hughton starting as he means to go on

Leaving out our two star players and playing with one striker!!! And he leaves out wes!! Another long season in store

;)

“@NorwichCityFC: #ncfc subs v @doradosoficial: Bunn (GK), Martin, Whittaker, Garrido, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Josh Murphy. #otbcUSA #ncfc”

No place for RVW on the bench! What a waste of money ;)

Little bit confused. Didn''t they say on Twitter we''d play a completely different 11 each half? There''s not enough players there to do that. Disappointed only for the selfish reason of wanting to know that Fer and RvW are in action

Negative tactics again from Hughton

Calderwood and Trollope can take some of the blame too :-D

I too was trying to work out the formation. My best guess is:

Ruddy

Gafaiti RBenno Ayala

EBenno Surman

Tettey Fox

Redmond Butterfield

Becchio

Ebenno and Surman as wingbacks. Bit of an odd one for me...

3-4-3 possibly?                              
                              Ruddy
                 Gafaiti R Bennett Ayala
  Surman              Tettey   Fox                E.Bennett  

Butterfield         Becchio      Redmond     

Na surman in at left back I reckon

Then the rest of the team picks itself in a 4-2-3-1

Ayala, Fox, Butterfield and Surman all included despite being widely tipped for the recycle bin, particularly the first two.Are any of these expected to feature prominently next season or is Hughton having a ''last'' look as he did with James Vaughan last year before loaning him out? Perhaps he is assessing the better prospect(s) of the three mid-fielders prior to deciding upon his preference(s) for a place in the squad.It would seem that the signing of Nathan Redmond has reduced the need for Andrew Surman in the squad, whilst Leroy Fey must surely usurp David Fox''s place.Butterfield needs persevering with for a while, IMO, if only for the fact that he came with such high expectations and cost a lot.Ayala has had a chance to prove himself at a lower level but nobody seems to want him, unless CH does of course.14, 000 crowd? Pretty impressive considering it was a friendly with neither team local.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]“@NorwichCityFC: #ncfc team v @doradosoficial: Ruddy; Gafaiti, R Bennett, Ayala, Surman; E Bennett, Tettey, Fox, Redmond; Butterfield; Becchio. #otbcUSA”

Hughton starting as he means to go on

Leaving out our two star players and playing with one striker!!! And he leaves out wes!! Another long season in store

;)[/quote]

Here we go again, terrace managers coming

Out with (I know better than Hughton) is going

To last all season

Agree with Broadstairs - Hughton defo looking at some of the marginal squad members.  Last year Vaughan obviously didn''t do enough in these games despite scoring several goals.

Ayala''s problem last season was that with injuries etc he only played about 1/3rd of the games, he is young and needs more game time.  I can''t see Hughton keeping him here as a reseve unless we are short of cover at CB.  I think the question is whether we loan him out for another season, or sell him.

My immediate thought when I saw the team he played this morning was clearly he''s seeing who should stay / play in the prem and who should go / stay in the reserves).

What is the problem? It''s a pre-season friendly after all and CH has explained why those who have been on international duty did not start. Get behind the management and the team and enjoy the ride!

Now I''m hopping on a plane for San Fransico to watch the next two games. OTBC

Was looking at the 25 that are on tour and came up with this comclusion, would be happy to hear thoughts;

Gafaiti, Redmond and Murphy are under 21, I think, but Bassong and Turner to return. Now, if we believe that 2 forwards and a defender are coming in, I would  guess  that Surman, Butterfield, Fox and Ayala are battling for 2 place, maybe Ayala has to convince Hughton there is no need for a new defender, cant see it myself....

For me, 3 to come in, Ayala, Fox and Butterfield to miss out and keep Surman as he can play in 2-3 positions, and maybe another after today.

If we assume Russell Martin can cover a CB position, or indeed may play CB this year (he did a great job for Scotland against Croatia recently) and Ayala and Barnett are leaving, then with Bassong, Turner and Bennett we have four CB''s, so may be CH is testing Adel Gafaiti to establish if he is good enough should he be needed, same with Josh Murphy.  The wages for these guys are (at the moment) in the hundreds, therefore keeping the wage bill down.  There is of course no transfer fee.  Also as they are both U21, 19 and 3 days and 18 and 5 months respectively, then this frees up squad places for more attack minded players and perhaps a right full back, assuming RM plays CB.  Although Elliot Bennett is more than capable of covering this position and has done so in the past very well. Just because we can have 25 squad members over 21 doesn''t mean we have to.  If we have the youth to cover in extreme circumstances then why not leave a position or two free for possible signings in the January window.

The youngsters have often played against Prem opposition in their U21 games, each team is allowed 3 outfield players over 21 to cover returning from injury, etc. and the games I''ve seen, which is most of the home matches, they have performed well.  OK, it''s not 3.00pm on a Saturday, but at some stage each player makes a debut.

Just my opinion guys, which of course proves me right, well it does to me, it may not to you of course!!!!

Only 3-0 against a team of Dereham town ladies standard??!!''

McNally needs to take action now before its too late ;)

Why hasn''t Hughton come out today and defended this shambolic performance?

He doesn''t communication with us fans and he''s too nice to the opposition.

I''m gobsmacked the negatice norwich fans are out again. F.F.S it''s the first preseason friendly against an unknown american team.It''s hardly the line up Ch will go with. And all the girls are crying that Fer & VWV aren''t in the line-up.Unbelievable! The next you''ll all be saying is you''re ripping up your season ticket that olsson didn''t play!

What was that sound?!!!

I just heard a noise, as if something was swooping down low out of the sky and then passed over my head?!!

Nah couldn''t have been, I saw no red pants or blue tights.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yes, that''s right, do you like scones plain or with fruit in them?

Raspberry is my usual tipple but a bit of apricot wouldn''t go a miss

Anyone who missed my three winks signalling I was only joking and taking the mick out of the terminally negative is blind

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Anyone who missed my three winks signalling I was only joking and taking the mick out of the terminally negative is blind[/quote]Blind? A bit harsh. Perhaps they didn''t understand the hierglyphics.  Not everyone uses these irritating little emoticon things. Fine in texting from phones, but on here would be easier if people used the icons provided below, if their browser allows.