Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

Norwich City Article On New Statesman website

Hello. I don''t normally post on here (1 or 2 may remember me) but found this article on the New Statesman website. I don''t think the New Statesman has a massive readership from the footballing community so thought i''d share so no one misses it.

http://www.newstatesman.com/sport/2013/07/grant-holt-football-fandom-and-me

It''s an OK read but nothing compared to a Shoot Annual. Can the season start now please?

Sorry, had a quick look and couldn''t see it had been up before.

Glad you enjoyed it if you hadn''t read already.

I get very bored of the closed season so just nice to read something that''s a bit different to the rumour mill that can get tiresome.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Sorry, had a quick look and couldn''t see it had been up before.

Glad you enjoyed it if you hadn''t read already.

I get very bored of the closed season so just nice to read something that''s a bit different to the rumour mill that can get tiresome.[/quote]Good read, thanks

"Snoddy''s Jockstrap"just be careful not to read anything else on that website

Some on here could do with reading it a bit more....

Cheers Master, good read.

I had the absolute displeasure of working there for a couple of months last year. The staff essentially consists of a set of comprehensively dull, pretentious and vacuous oxbridge bellends. Doesnt extend to Juliet Jacques, to be fair to her.

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]I had the absolute displeasure of working there for a couple of months last year. The staff essentially consists of a set of comprehensively dull, pretentious and vacuous oxbridge bellends. Doesnt extend to Juliet Jacques, to be fair to her.[/quote]

Although possibly the Oxbridge types knew enough about life and politics not to be surprised at a footballer voting Tory, whereas Juliet Jacques seems to have been gobsmacked at discovering this about Holt, not to mention her wholely naive working-class hero fantasy, or "narrative" as the jargon has it.