Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Week Commencing 22/07/2013

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Are we 100% certain that McNally is in the States?[/quote]

he tweeted he was there on Sat - whether he is still there is unclear.

Based on the Daily Telegraph figures these are the totals so far for acquisitions per club:

One player: Arsenal, Cardiff, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs.Two players: Soton, WBA.Three players: Chelsea, Stoke.Four players: Palace, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man City, West Ham.Six players: Norwich City.Seven players: Villa.Eight players: Hull.Nine players: Sunderland, Swansea.

Of course numbers don''t necessarily equate to quality, but five of our six signings have involved spending serious money.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Based on the Daily Telegraph figures these are the totals so far for acquisitions per club:

One player: Arsenal, Cardiff, Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs.

Two players: Soton, WBA.

Three players: Chelsea, Stoke.

Four players: Palace, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man City, West Ham.

Six players: Norwich City.

Seven players: Villa.

Eight players: Hull.

Nine players: Sunderland, Swansea.

Of course numbers don''t necessarily equate to quality, but five of our six signings have involved spending serious money.

[/quote]

That would be nice to know Purple, all these transfers are undisclosed and we are all guessing that that the figure touted in the press are correct. Given that some on here keep saying that RVW cam out of last years budget then we have not really spent that much for the quality we have brought in.

My best guess via press:

RVW - 8.5 Million

Ollson - 2.5 Million

Redmond - 3.2 Million

Nash - Free

Fer - 4.8 Million

Garrido 2.5 Million

That''s a grand spend of 21.5 million, then you will have fees and other payments on top.

Out sales are:

Holt - 2 Million

Vaghaun - 1 Million

The rest are free I believe.

So net spend of 18 odd Million is big for a club of our size but not the 25-30 million being touted.

Pretty sure there will be a big increase in wages this season too, which will require covering.

I for one would not be too unhappy with the squad we have, just add 1 more striker and that''s it, loan would do if it was the likes of Lukaku.

We need 1 more striker minimum.What honestly happens if RVW or Becchio get injured.Also, it would mean we would be using our Prem strikers in the early stages of cup games.Which could hinder both cup runs and Prem survival.Big Worry.

We''ve shipped out four out-and-out strikers this transfer window, with just one coming in.  To do that, the board must have been sure they could bring in at least 2 more strikers who are better than the ones who have gone.

I think the logic of getting rid of Jackson, Vaughan, C Martin is clear - clearly CH felt none of them were going to make the grade with us in the Prem so better to let them go, get them off the wage bill, get a fee if possible.

Letting GH go was a bit of a surprise, I suspect the decision was partly his (not wanting to end his time with us as a reserve and wanting a move nearer his home) and the board decided it was better to cash in now and free up his wages.

People need to remember there are risks both ways.  If we kept these players, we risk not being able to afford to bring someone in that we want because the chance to get rid of them may have gone by that point in the transfer window.

Personally I won''t be happy until we''ve got a couple of good strikers in.  But it''s far too early to panic.

ReadingCanary wrote - "We need 1 more striker minimum.

What honestly happens if RVW or Becchio get injured.

Also, it would mean we would be using our Prem strikers in the early stages of cup games.

Which could hinder both cup runs and Prem survival.

Big Worry."

We need one more striker for the bench and Cups. But more important than that (in terms of dosh and quality) is someone to play the Secondary Striker role. We need someone to link RvW with the midfield (besides our wingers) and get a few goals as well. A player such as Quagliarella is the key.