Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Chris Hughton's Italian Job

"I cannot deny that I was in Italy over the past few days for work-related reasons.""In Serie A there are several interesting players that fit the requirements of the player we are looking for.""Quagliarella? He''s surely a great striker & maybe of interest to us." "There are many aspects to consider in the negotiation""It is one thing to be interested in a player and another thing to be able to buy the player." (Talking about Quag)"We are interested in buying a striker & Quagliarella represents an important solution for us.""At this point we have to see what are the wills of the different parties involved."Seems like the deal is still on.

Seems like Quag is one of a few though, could be a smokescreen to get someone else in under the radar...

Juventus Fan / Media guy who first broke the news about Hughton being in Italy a few days back.Not entirely sure about his credentials but he was spot on with the Hughton / Italy rumours last time and I doubt he would go to such lengths to make up an entire Hughton dialogue !

I am sure someone asked him the other day and he kinda dodged the question but they commented on him having a wry smile on his face... Sorry no link to that though.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"In Serie A there are several interesting players that fit the requirements of the player we are looking for."[/quote]
Interesting post Reading, this line is the most interesting to me. Several would suggest at least three, probably more. 
We know about Maxi Lopez and Quags, so there is likely a name or two that haven''t been picked up on by the media. So it remains entirely possible that Maxi Lopez is not a primary target but just another option.
Be nice to get a complete surprise signing, seem to remember Bassong taking everybody by surprise. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]"In Serie A there are several interesting players that fit the requirements of the player we are looking for."[/quote]
Interesting post Reading, this line is the most interesting to me. Several would suggest at least three, probably more. 
We know about Maxi Lopez and Quags, so there is likely a name or two that haven''t been picked up on by the media. So it remains entirely possible that Maxi Lopez is not a primary target but just another option.
Be nice to get a complete surprise signing, seem to remember Bassong taking everybody by surprise. 
[/quote]Does suggest we might be after players other than strikers as well.Very Interesting

With the signing of RVW we all knew we had a scouts looking at the Primeira Liga, Fer the Eredivisie so looks like we have had Serie A well scouted too - I wonder with the promise of money from the Premier League whether we targeted top flight European leagues knowing we could compete in terms of transfer and wage - or if we have a developed enough system now that we are scouting these leagues AS WELL as unknown leagues further afield to pick up good propositions such as Hernandez etc.

''4 years ago we couldn''t even afford the Private Jet to Italy''

we used to dream of living in a corridor!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"I cannot deny that I was in Italy over the past few days for work-related reasons.""In Serie A there are several interesting players that fit the requirements of the player we are looking for.""Quagliarella? He''s surely a great striker & maybe of interest to us." "There are many aspects to consider in the negotiation""It is one thing to be interested in a player and another thing to be able to buy the player." (Talking about Quag)"We are interested in buying a striker & Quagliarella represents an important solution for us.""At this point we have to see what are the wills of the different parties involved."Seems like the deal is still on.

[/quote]

A touch dubious about the authenticity of these quotes as given precisely here. Hughton wouldn''t admit to the EDP a couple of days ago even that he''d been in Italy, let alone what he was doing there. And it wouldn''t be at all like him to make such a case for a named player - "Quagliarella represents an important solution for us" - until a deal had been signed.

Quotes from here.

http://www.tuttojuve.com/primo-piano/esclusiva-tj-il-norwich-esce-allo-scoperto-hughton-quagliarella-ci-interessa-cerchiamo-un-attaccante-149033

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]4 years ago we couldn''t even afford the Private Jet to Italy.

[/quote]

Sure he didn''t fly with Easyjet?

[quote user="Double Dutch"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]4 years ago we couldn''t even afford the Private Jet to Italy.

[/quote]

Sure he didn''t fly with Easyjet?

[/quote]Haha don''t think so. There was certainly a Private Jet in the Airport from Italy so presume that was his. Well.. the club rented it.

[quote user="Gnasher"]Quotes from here.

http://www.tuttojuve.com/primo-piano/esclusiva-tj-il-norwich-esce-allo-scoperto-hughton-quagliarella-ci-interessa-cerchiamo-un-attaccante-149033[/quote]Google translate link: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttojuve.com%2Fprimo-piano%2Fesclusiva-tj-il-norwich-esce-allo-scoperto-hughton-quagliarella-ci-interessa-cerchiamo-un-attaccante-149033For the even lazyier:[quote]EXCLUSIVE TJ -The Norwich comes out. Hughton: "Quagliarella interests us. Looking for a striker"A few weeks ago we talk of the interest of Norwich City for Fabio Quagliarella. Indiscretion unveiled two weeks ago by Michele Criscitiello Sportitalia. In recent days, a delegation from the yellow-green club traveled to Italy to treat Juventus striker and seek advice from Catania for Maxi Lopez. The English club''s manager Chris Hughton TJ took stock of the situation on the market: "I can not deny that he was in Italy in recent days for work. In Serie A there are several interesting players, and they could do to the case of my club. Quagliarella? Surely it is a great striker and there may be of interest. However, there are many aspects to consider in a negotiation: it is one thing to be interested in a player and another is to be able to buy it. Let''s see what the will of the concerned. In attack we certainly another element, since parties are two of our attackers. We are interested in buying a striker Quagliarella and represent an important solution for us. "Now the ball is in the black and white points, which at the time, however, appears disinclined to accept the transfer. [/quote]