Sign in to follow this  
ref89

Pinkun "journalism"

"Snodgrass made his second cameo of the trip in the second period at Buck

Shaw Stadium but the Scotish internationl was unable to replicated his

decisive impact in the opening midweek criuse aganinst Dorados de

Sinaloa."No wonder they know sod all if they can''t even type.

the proof reading on the evening news/edp is non existent and has been for years

they also apparently have no ''edit button'' ;) (or spell check) [:P]

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]who actually cares what any of you think?[/quote]I think we''ve found the articles author...

I am sure we have had this debate before, it is terrible, fed to them by the club, but it keeps things cosy. If this forum was private and hosted outside of the Pink''Un I think Archant''s readership numbers would look a lot different. (That''s the REAL readership figures of course, not the ones Archant make up!)

"We don’t like losing any games because it is a mentality thing and you want the players to get used to losing but that isn’t the most important thing at this stage is that we come through with no injuries."

Pick the bones out of that.

The place is a joke... Why do I come here again?

Oh yeah, because wotb is hideous.

Please cut the Archant lads some slack. Saying proof reading has been non-existent there for years may be closer to the truth than you imagine. I don’t know any of them or their working set-up but if it is anything like many other places in the industry they could well be led by guys reluctantly toeing the party line and pretending that such niceties are expensive luxuries they can do without. Think about it – it’s wrong on so many levels (professional, legal, financial etc etc) – but the daftest of the lot is asking trained people to generate material at not inconsiderable expense then not bothering to go the last ten yards and process it properly before you put it out there, on the grounds that they should get it right first time. Quite apart from being embarrassed, said trained people are likely also to be walking awkwardly with a broomstick painfully positioned as they labour in an undermanned environment, pretending to be two or three people (chances are they actually are doing what two or three people did a generation ago), working a rota that doesn’t allow time for that strange animal, a breaking news story. I may be completely wrong and they are just plain useless, but I’m ready to give them the benefit of the doubt.