Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

The New Boys

thats your opinion

i think bennett is likely to go on to big things if hes given the game time, turners nothing special and i dont think theres much difference between them atm, bennett will be a better player than turner in 1 or 2 seasons

[quote user="iron_stan"]thats your opinion

i think bennett is likely to go on to big things if hes given the game time, turners nothing special and i dont think theres much difference between them atm, bennett will be a better player than turner in 1 or 2 seasons
[/quote]

Really? What big things can you see Bennett going on to? Do you consider him someone likely to end up playing for a top 4 club?

Most of the time he''s been at the club he''s been average or below average but he had 3 or 4 decent games at the end of last season and people have got very carried away by it.

Turner might not be anything special in your eyes but I think he''s been pretty immense for us and the fact his colleagues voted him Players'' Player of the Season basically shows you how highly valued he is.

Very hard to see Bennett taking his place from him and if he did I think we''d be worse for it.

I think Turner will hold his place for now, unless a quality CB is signed.

Going back to Fer, I think CH is seeing more than he originally thought, and that could be very exciting:

“He is a physical presence but he also has a pass on him. I think in the short period of time that he was on he showed some of his passing range and he gives us real good option in that central midfield position. We’ll use pre-season to really determine where we see him. Yes, he can play that defensive role and he did under Steve McClaren fairly often (at FC Twente) but he is also one who likes to break from midfield. I’ll be using pre-season to determine that."

IMO, his signing is up there with RvW''s. Played alongside Johnson against the top teams, especially away, there will be good protection for the defence without sacrificing his passing skills and ability to break forward with menace. Played alongside Howson or Tettey, the midfield becomes more attacking, with even better passing options. This will also make a big difference for Wes''s play, though it may be that Fer can play in the hole as well.

Yelloow since 72 wrote - "Played alongside Howson or Tettey, the midfield becomes more attacking, with even better passing options."

Quite frankly if we played my Labrador alongside Tettey then the passing options would be a lot better.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Really? What big things can you see Bennett going on to? Do you consider him someone likely to end up playing for a top 4 club?

Most of the time he''s been at the club he''s been average or below average but he had 3 or 4 decent games at the end of last season and people have got very carried away by it.

Turner might not be anything special in your eyes but I think he''s been pretty immense for us and the fact his colleagues voted him Players'' Player of the Season basically shows you how highly valued he is.

Very hard to see Bennett taking his place from him and if he did I think we''d be worse for it.

[/quote]

Not trying to be funny but I really fail to follow your logic on this point. If you rate Turner highly and....Bennett is able to win the place over him, how can we possibly be worse off as a result?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not trying to be funny but I really fail to follow your logic on this point. If you rate Turner highly and....Bennett is able to win the place over him, how can we possibly be worse off as a result?

[/quote]

Totally agree, my wording of that was not the best.

I don''t think there is any confusion about the general angle of what I was saying but if there is.... I''m basically saying Michael Turner is much better than Ryan Bennett.