Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Meeting Norwich fans!!

I know this is a bit of a random post but with the lack of transfer activity I thought I''d start one! My dad has just returned from a teaching conference in Greece and at the airport he met a couple of Norwich fans who were more than happy to talk about all things Norwich and the upcoming season!

It got me thinking about the following:Whhat is the most random place you have met a Norwich fan?

Few years back I travelled Europe, and whilst in prague we decided to go down to watch Sparta Prague. Walking down to the ground I spied two Norwich fans, in the new shirts that had come out the day before! They''d had them flown over bizarly, which is pretty damn quick.Had a good chat with them (it was the end of our league one campaign, good times) but thought it was pretty random at the time.

I met a few in Australia (Brits not Aussies),

Also, an old couple in Dubrovnik (Croatia). I was walking through the town in my shirt and they stopped me for a chat.

Met a few Norwich fans just outside D.C, and oddly enough, a few days later, spotted a car with a Binner Bumper sticker on the back, chatted to him at a red light for a bit. surprisingly enough he was here as a coach for ''soccer camp'' here and lost a bet, hence why he had the sticker on the car. (manyoo fan, I don''t know why they''d bet on an ipswich bumper sticker.)

In a shack in Addis Ababa that was showing an Everton game being projected onto a white bed sheet while everyone sat on the floor drinking beers.

It was during our relegation season in the championship and I''d given up trying to explain to people where Norwich was and just used to say I was from London.

A local asked me where I was really from and when I told him I was from Norwich his eyes lit up. He went on to tell me how he''d been a Norwich fan since the first Premiership season and was even boasting to his mates about our Bayern Munich record.

During the Falklands War, I met a Canaries fan in a Port Stanley pub while our submarine was refuelling. Didn''t go well though. He reckoned Bond wanted sacking , Reeves was past it and Woods was useless, so I knocked his teeth out with a bottle of Double Diamond. That learnt him.

I seem to meet a lot of Norwich fans in London on nights out...Well... what I mean is I end up singing WESLEY HOOLAHAN HOOLAHAN at kicking out time and 20-30 other people randomly join in.

Didn''t meet anyone on this occasion but whilst serving in the Royal Navy I was in Nicaragua frequenting the notorious Da Nang Port in Vietnam.A right hellhole where no one spoke a word of English, but being sailors ashore we found a bar to get plastered in, after a time I''d had too much and I was busting so had to visit one of the street toilets, as I stood in this grothole facing the wall preforming what I''d come in there for, I found myself looking at ''NORWICH CITY'' written in big letters on the wall. A never to be forgotten moment.                                      OTBC 

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Didn''t meet anyone on this occasion but whilst serving in the Royal Navy I was in Vietnam. frequenting the notorious Da Nang Port A right hellhole where no one spoke a word of English, but being sailors ashore we found a bar to get plastered in, after a time I''d had too much and I was busting so had to visit one of the street toilets, as I stood in this grothole facing the wall preforming what I''d come in there for, I found myself looking at ''NORWICH CITY'' written in big letters on the wall. A never to be forgotten moment.                                      OTBC [/quote]Getting my countries mixed up !    

In 2011, we were in Thailand and were in Chiangmai for the Arsenal game and found a bar ahead of the match. When we turned up, there were three Norwich fans from Caister! Good to have a chat and watch the match. Most of the locals were cheering the canaries on too!

Still thinking about the Norwich one but saw a bloke in an Ipswich shirt walking along East Street in Chichester on Saturday which seemed a bit surreal.

It was not a personal encounter, but one morning I found the latest issue of the printed version of the Pink ''un behind windscreen of my car that sported a Follow the Canaries sticker -- in front of my house in Budapest.

In Taipei, Taiwan - a young Chinese chap with a NCFC shirt on. He didn''t speak a word of English, but I think I managed to communicate that I was also a NCFC fan, and shook his hand vigorously - he probably had no idea what I was on about and thought I was a complete drong....

I saw a few at Disneyland, Florida but given the volume of people that

visit that place annually, I''m thinking that this is not very ''random''.

In the gents toilets in a service station somewhere near Dijon on the A7 autoroute...

Strangest thing was having a Pakistan branch of the Norwich City supporters club - working out in Islamabad about 20yrs ago there were 6 or 7 of us out there who were City fans...very bizarre...

I once met a Norwich fan on Guam whilst I was enjoying my summer holidays.

He was from Easton and visiting the island with his Guamanian (?) girlfriend who was currently studying in Norwich and working in Delia''s.

Was visiting my wife''s step sister in Artena (about 25 miles south of Rome).  Hired a car for the week but decided we didn''t want to drive into Rome so drove to nearby town of Valmontone to get the train.  Parked in the small car park and the car next to ours had an NCFC sticker in the rear window!  Don''t know if his/her second team were Roma but the train was packed with Roma fans on their way to a home game.

(PS if you see an OTBC sticker in the back of a car in Calgary, it will probably be my cousin Jayne!)

I took the Indian Pacific train from Adelaide to Perth and we stopped in Kalgoorlie to see the super pit. I went into the mining town to find a bar and when I walked in I saw a man at the bar wearing a Norwich Shirt. It turned out he had studied at the UEA, loved the team and supported them ever since. He was some sort of mining engineer.