Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Do not associate us with Celtic

Lots of reports they have been singing ''Lee Rigby wont be drumming anymore'' recently at games. I know this wont be all of them but some Norwich fans have given us a ''special'' tie with them.

I think the fact they are singing about a beheaded soldier is disgusting and think we should not try and associate ourselves with such a vile bunch.

A lot of Brentford fans and reporters at the game said they didn''t hear anything of the sort.

Hopefully its not true but they do have a moronic proportion of fans, as all clubs do

You have to be careful when reading the internet about Celtic. They have a section of their support who have and will always sing sectarian songs/chants but the club and supporter associations (more so than Rangers on the other side of the divide) have done lots to try and stamp it out. There are people from the other side of the sectarian divide who are keen  to ''smear'' Celtic fans. If you read both Brentford and Celtic messageboards, there are far more fans saying that they didn''t hear any chants than that did hear it. You also have to bear in mind that a friendly in London will bring out lots of ''expat'' Glaswegians and Irishmen who now live in London and would not normally be part of Celtics traveling support. I have huge repect for C eltic and there fans, and would welcome them back at Carrow Road for a friendly any time

The whole "Norwich-Celtic family" thing was a bit bizarre. Reading their forums at the time they obviously didn''t want to be part of any family with us. All I saw was a bunch of drunks singing an annoying song based on Achy Breaky Heart at Drury''s testimonial but on that basis some Norwich fans declared some sort of family with them. Embarrassing. Fortunately it didn''t last long.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Who''s Lee Rigby?[/quote] Really?[/quote]Yes.... Hence the question.....[/quote]

This might help...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+lee+rigby

[/quote]*sigh* The google link..... How original. I''ll look later when I get home if I remember, although I''m pretty sure I''ll have lost interest by then. Oh.... Too late....

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Who''s Lee Rigby?[/quote] Really?[/quote]Yes.... Hence the question.....[/quote]

This might help...

[/quote]If you''re going to attempt to be ''funny'', at least try to mask the link a little bit. That one''s older than Wiz.....

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Who''s Lee Rigby?
[/quote] Really?[/quote]

Yes.... Hence the question.....
[/quote]

This might help...

[/quote]

If you''re going to attempt to be ''funny'', at least try to mask the link a little bit. That one''s older than Wiz.....
[/quote]

No really attempting to be funny, just seems odd that someone who clearly has access to the internet doesn''t seem to be able to google something - and also must be living in a cave if they don''t know who Lee Rigby is.

Maybe try looking at the front page of a newspaper every so often, or watching that TV show that comes on BBC1 at 10pm.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

This might help...

[/quote]If you''re going to attempt to be ''funny'', at least try to mask the link a little bit. That one''s older than Wiz..... [/quote]

No really attempting to be funny, just seems odd that someone who clearly has access to the internet doesn''t seem to be able to google something - and also must be living in a cave if they don''t know who Lee Rigby is.

Maybe try looking at the front page of a newspaper every so often, or watching that TV show that comes on BBC1 at 10pm.

[/quote]I''m on a phone which has bugger-all usage, so I''m not prepared to waste it on something that, most likely, doesn''t interest me in the slightest.Plus, you''re right, I don''t watch Television OR buy newspapers! Shock horror! I must be the only person alive that does that! I''ll apply for a public hanging straight away!(That was sarcasm, just in case you missed it.....)

Ignorance isn''t something I would be parading around, UC... Educate yourself or be quiet.

As for this thread, why is it some fans think we are closely knit to Celtic after one friendly? After this whole Hooper affair and the way Lennon went about it I thought that attitude would be null and void.

Unhinged, Lee Rigby was a drummer in the British Army who was beheaded outside Woolwich barracks in May by 2 British Muslims.

I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................

[quote user="lake district canary"]I may be wrong, but I thought the original Celtic/NCFC connection was because Lambert and Lennon were old buddies.   That connection has gone.  Celtic and their fans are trying to act like they are still a big club, but are struggling against the tide.   Champions League, yes, but then so are Shamrock Rovers..................

[/quote]

The main link is that McNally use to work for Celtic, so although Lambert was also a part of it, I think McNally was the driving force behind the 2 friendly matches.

UC, I don''t buy Newspapers or watch the news, I knew. D you not speak to people? Ever go on websites that have news stories on? Amazing really...

Never understood the whole #celticnorwichfamily thing (purposeful hashtag to represent the fact it was all over twitter for a while).

Half the fans on there using that hashtag started calling us a small nothing club as soon as we bid for Hooper in Jan!

Personally I think it''s pretty admirable that Unhinged Canary has other things to do in his life than watch the news or look on news websites. Sometimes I wish I lived a life that was less influenced by the media. If he needs to ask who someone is, there''s no need to have a go.

The whole "Family" thing was born out of respect for so many of them making the trip down here midweek to celebrate Drury''s testimonial and for making it such a fantastic and memorable evening.

I think it''s run it''s course now.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

The whole "Family" thing was born out of respect for so many of them making the trip down here midweek to celebrate Drury''s testimonial and for making it such a fantastic and memorable evening.

I think it''s run it''s course now.

[/quote]I doubt many of them actually came down from Glasgow and their Achy Breaky Heart song was not worthy of any respect.

[quote user="judderman"]Personally I think it''s pretty admirable that Unhinged Canary has other things to do in his life than watch the news or look on news websites. Sometimes I wish I lived a life that was less influenced by the media. If he needs to ask who someone is, there''s no need to have a go.[/quote]

There''s always one........... gullible git.

Ha I''d imagine they will have a don''t associate ourselves with Norwich thread on their sites because of the hypocracy of this thread... Lets believe a rumour and so judge the reputation of all of their fans with it. Celtic are not without their trouble makers but 99.9% of their fans would be horrified to hear such a chant, and it sounds as if it was made up to cause trouble.

For the most part Celtic have some of the best most approachable fans around and were a credit to themselves and their club when they came to Norwich, especially with the respect they paid to Adam Drury. I don''t claim we have a special ''bond'' but purely off that they should have our respect.

[quote user="birchfest"]Ha I''d imagine they will have a don''t associate ourselves with Norwich thread on their sites because of the hypocracy of this thread... Lets believe a rumour and so judge the reputation of all of their fans with it. Celtic are not without their trouble makers but 99.9% of their fans would be horrified to hear such a chant, and it sounds as if it was made up to cause trouble.

For the most part Celtic have some of the best most approachable fans around and were a credit to themselves and their club when they came to Norwich, especially with the respect they paid to Adam Drury. I don''t claim we have a special ''bond'' but purely off that they should have our respect.[/quote]

99.9% ? Really ?!

I''m talking about actual fans, not the knuckle drafters most clubs seem to have that use football as a way of looking for trouble.

Dont think we''ll be seeing UC back in here.

How some people get through day to day life, I''ll never know