Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Raccoon

When was the last time

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"]We had a squad without a recognised first team English striker up front?[/quote]

I now what you mean mate, chuffing stupid isn''t it?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"]We had a squad without a recognised first team English striker up front?[/quote]

I now what you mean mate, chuffing stupid isn''t it?

[/quote]When Darren Bent and Carlton Cole type players cost between 5-7 millionIs it any wonder teams shop abroad these days.

Yeah, possibly, although I never classed McVeigh as an out and out striker and Libbra and Notman were never really first team choices for me.

Henderson could have been in that mix though. It''s possible we could have a Dutch man, an Argentinian (maybe 2) and a Italian or Swede as our attack. (I have t''eed this up for someone to state the obvious)

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"]Henderson could have been in that mix though. It''s possible we could have a Dutch man, an Argentinian (maybe 2) and a Italian or Swede as our attack. (I have t''eed this up for someone to state the obvious)[/quote]

You aren''t in the know at all

The wink was supposed to be in the post... try again.

You aren''t in the know at all *WINKING FACE*

I was going to raise a similar point. If we start the season with another foreign striker alongside our Dutchman and Argentinian it would certainly be the first time we haven''t had a British striker in the squad. I assume during several seasons past we didn''t have an Englishman amongst our Brits.

I can see no problem with this, although it was very nice to see us line up in the 2011/12 season competitively with 10 Englishman at least in the starting lineup (or was it 11 once?).

I know nothing, that''s my whole point, nor do people who re-tweet tweets of people claim to be in the know yet post/believe then others believe with a twist and everything spirals into a frenzy, which the Pinkun Journalists then make into a story 2 days later and then gets into the mainstream media as a snippet.

I''ve no problem with no English attacking line, could serve us well.

It was Spurs away, 1-2 win.

Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Ward, Drury, Elliott Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Holt,  Wilbraham

2002 - Roberts, Libbra, McVeigh, Nielsen, Notman were our forwards I think so that has no recognised English Strikers

If I am right, there are even more recent examples, just looking into it.

Yup.

So far I have:

Norwich Vs Fulham (Feb 2013): Becchio with Hoolahan in the hole.

I''m also pretty sure that there may have been a couple of games in the previous season where Morison (Wales) played with Jackson (Canada).

I think we had a couple of seasons after being relegated to league one without a non-English striker but even before that we had Sibierski play the lone role up front.

It''s not that rare for us. Just perhaps a little more unheard of due to the reluctance of the club to look overseas for players in a bigger way.

[quote user="chicken"]If I am right, there are even more recent examples, just looking into it.

Yup.

So far I have:

Norwich Vs Fulham (Feb 2013): Becchio with Hoolahan in the hole.

I''m also pretty sure that there may have been a couple of games in the previous season where Morison (Wales) played with Jackson (Canada).

I think we had a couple of seasons after being relegated to league one without a non-English striker but even before that we had Sibierski play the lone role up front.

It''s not that rare for us. Just perhaps a little more unheard of due to the reluctance of the club to look overseas for players in a bigger way.[/quote]

But our squad still contained English strikers last season even if there was the odd game where one didn''t play!