Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

Loan Market - Striker & Centre Half suggestions...

So if we can''t bring in top quality players on permanent deals, what loan options are available? Any suggestions?

[quote user="bailojnr"]

So if we can''t bring in top quality players on permanent deals, what loan options are available? Any suggestions?

[/quote]

If we need loans then we are deeper I''m the brown stuff than I thought. There should be no reason to resort to loans. If it comes to it then Ba would be my choice.

Not sure we need another CB, we have 5 if we keep Ayala and count Russ Martin as a CB or RB, plus on tour CH has played Adel Gafaiti as a RB in both games so far. When in the Development Squad he plays CB, so may be CH sees him as cover for both posi1tions if needed. Even if Ayala goes we have 4 plus Adel Gafaiti. I''m not suggesting Gafaiti will be a starter or even on the bench but CH must see something in him. It will be interesting to see if he plays on Wednesday and then in the pre-season games when they return. 

Lucas Piazon from Chelsea? Jose has said that he is available for loan this season. Could fill the number 10 role that we have been after. He was on loan at Malaga last season so has top level experience.

Marc Libbra''s haircut wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 9:50 AM:

Lucas Piazon from Chelsea? Jose has said that he is available for loan this season. Could fill the number 10 role that we have been after. He was on loan at Malaga last season so has top level experience.

Oh good! It''s always nice to help out a fellow Premiership club by giving one of their players a helping hand. If he''s good we could benefit for a season and Chelsea could benefit by having us pay for the privilege of training him, coaching him, building his reputation and increasing his value.

On the other hand if he''s poor we will pay for testing the water for Chelsea ........... and they will lose little.

Yellow Wall how very very ignorant of you.

Did we not benefit from the loan of Naughton? Of course we did.

Loans wouldn''t exist if they didn''t benefit the cub loaning the player. We can''t afford to buy the quality we need to improve on every position, loans are useful. Real Madrid had a loan player last year. Loads of clubs do.

Also, you have no idea how much we''d pay, Chelsea may pay a large chunk of his wage if a PL club is willing to give him first team experience.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Marc Libbra''s haircut wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 9:50 AM:

Oh good! It''s always nice to help out a fellow Premiership club by giving one of their players a helping hand. If he''s good we could benefit for a season and Chelsea could benefit by having us pay for the privilege of training him, coaching him, building his reputation and increasing his value.

On the other hand if he''s poor we will pay for testing the water for Chelsea ........... and they will lose little.[/quote]

I agree let us blood / train and give our own youth / under 21''s a go before we loan other players like kane !

you never know how they will play they might be better suited to premiership football a player once said ( I think it was Liverpool) I used to touch / get the ball 20 times in a game since I moved here I had it 20 times in the first 10 mins !

''You never know how good they will play''

Umm, well I''d like to think the football staff who have years and years of raining and experience and are paid to judge them, do have some idea of how good they''ll play. There are of course reasons why our youth players rarely make it into he first season, and why players like Lucas Piazon has a bigger reputation to the outside world and probably all our youth players put together despite the U18 FA cup win.

Of course I hope a few will make the first team, but wanting to throw them in because they might d ok is completely silly and it''s not how football coaches/managers tend to operate.myes, thy take risks, but they are calculated risks, if Hughton (and probably just as importantly the youth coaches) don''t think they are good enough/developed enough, technically or physically, why would they play in the first team?

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 10:14 AM:

Yellow Wall how very very ignorant of you.

Did we not benefit from the loan of Naughton? Of course we did.

Loans wouldn''t exist if they didn''t benefit the cub loaning the player. We can''t afford to buy the quality we need to improve on every position, loans are useful. Real Madrid had a loan player last year. Loads of clubs do.

Also, you have no idea how much we''d pay, Chelsea may pay a large chunk of his wage if a PL club is willing to give him first team experience.

GP - I can accept that you have a different opinion to mine but object to being called ignorant.

Yes - we did benefit by having Naughton on loan - so did Spurs. The only person who, perhaps,

did not benefit as much as he could have was Naughton himself.

He returned to Spurs, after being a regular starter for us playing 32 matches, to being a part time player making 14 appearances. Had we been able to transfer him instead of loaning him it would have been very beneficial to his future career and his international chances would have been increased considerably.

We loaned him, and others, because we were not in any position to do otherwise. Once a good player goes to a club and becomes an integral part of the team, only to be taken back by his parent club, it does the club they are loaned to no good whatsoever. How do you think West Brom will fare this season without Lukaku?

I would have hoped we were not in a position that we tried to build a team with temporary players.

i understand about throwing players in that are not ready etc some will develop quicker at lower divisions on loan  etc some will not make it BUT i ask you one question THIS season who who you rather have one of our own or harry kane ? imho i would prefer one of our players as well as 3 other strikers  Rvw becchio +1 other then a youth / under 21 makes 4 strikers other teams do it they have first teamer then cover to challenge then a youth / under 21  to blood i think that is where we should aim for in the coming years ,2 players per postion and a youth player to slot in where they can to get premier experience / cups etc  some times raw younger players play with no fear sometimes they fail sometimes they blossom ,every heard of the really bad trainer but comes a alive on the pitch ?

now I am not saying lets put all the youth team in etc but lets blood our own ,

Yes norfolkngood, I''d rather we played our own young players Han loaning others. But like I said, the staff should know of our youth players are good enough. If we did loan a player like Lucas Piazon from Cheslea, it''s be because we have no youngster in his position as good.

For years I always wondered why youth players weren''t given more of a chance, yet we and others would loan Arsenal or Man.U youngsters and play the in nearly every game. While I''d happily see the Murphys and others at least on the bench, of they aren''t, and if we did loan another teams youngster I wouldn''t complain too much, unless they turned out to be as poor/ineffective/injured as Harry Kane.

Would you have preferred we played Francomb instead of loaning Naughton? I would guess the answer is no, considering where he is now playing...

Ah the loan debate irritates the hell out of me!

Obviously a loan signing of the quality of Lukaku or Naughton is hugely beneficial to all. Surely to have Lukaku for a season is better than not having him for a season?! It''s so simple.

And if it turns out you have a loanee like Harry Kane or Elvis Hammond, you cut your losses and hand them back.

If we were offered Ba for a season long loan surely everybody on this message board would help McNally bite Abramovich''s hand off?

[quote user="SYG"]John Guidetti[/quote]

If he is now fit, and Man City don''t want him (based on their signings already they might not) then yes.

Yellow Wall,

Thats were having a sensible hierarchy comes in handy. You need to have people in charge sensible enough to plan for the long term. If WBA had no plan B should they not be able to sign Lukaku for longer, thats their own fault. Like when Roeder was loaning whoever he could, we had no plan B.

We had Naughton on loan, couldn''t buy him. and went for plan B, Whittaker. Garrido last season, we had the option to buy him. And then had Olsson possibly already lined up as well. De Leat''s failed loan had no real negative impact.

So really, the only ''loser'' from all of that was Naughton. But he might see being 2nd choice RB and LB at Spurs as being an upgrade on being 1st choice at Norwich the Spurs staff see Walker as a better RB, as do England. He''s not a natural LB. So its not like being 2nd choice is really restricting his chances of playing for England. He''s probably on a decent wage, and at a very good club. Sure it''ll be disappointing, if not for him, for other fans if he stays 2nd choice for most of his career. But someone has to be at every club. To be a top 4/5/6 club, they need 2nd choices good enough to be a starter at clubs like us.

yaya sanogo - im guessing arsene might let uis have him for a yearcb i dont know but id like kyle naughton or an other versatile quick wing back

From what I''ve read about John Guidetti he is a prodigious talent who is just begging for a chance to prove himself.

Assuming he really is recovered from his serious illness I say gamble and get him in on loan. Assuming Pellegrini doesn''t name him in his Man City squad.

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 23/07/2013 1:26 PM:

Yellow Wall,

Thats were having a sensible hierarchy comes in handy. You need to have people in charge sensible enough to plan for the long term. If WBA had no plan B should they not be able to sign Lukaku for longer, thats their own fault. Like when Roeder was loaning whoever he could, we had no plan B.

We had Naughton on loan, couldn''t buy him. and went for plan B, Whittaker. Garrido last season, we had the option to buy him. And then had Olsson possibly already lined up as well. De Leat''s failed loan had no real negative impact.

So really, the only ''loser'' from all of that was Naughton. But he might see being 2nd choice RB and LB at Spurs as being an upgrade on being 1st choice at Norwich the Spurs staff see Walker as a better RB, as do England. He''s not a natural LB. So its not like being 2nd choice is really restricting his chances of playing for England. He''s probably on a decent wage, and at a very good club. Sure it''ll be disappointing, if not for him, for other fans if he stays 2nd choice for most of his career. But someone has to be at every club. To be a top 4/5/6 club, they need 2nd choices good enough to be a starter at clubs like us.

GP

If WBA had no plan B should they not be able to sign Lukaku for longer that''s their own fault ........... But plan B relies upon players being available when you lose an established player and you need them. When you can''t sign an equal player you are in trouble, the same way Bolton were in trouble when they couldn''t replace Wilshere or Sturridge.

We had Naughton on loan, couldn''t buy him. and went for plan B, Whittaker................. we were fortunate that he was available when he was as I am sure he was not ''Plan B'' until Rangers went bust.

For Naughton''s sake I hope he gets away from Spurs otherwise he will be yet another English ''nearly'' man. He is a good player who will drift into obscurity as many other good young players do. He is better than a top 6 reserve and his game would undoubtedly improve with regular matches and should, perhaps, try to be .......................... a starter at clubs like us.

I am unsure what options are available, I do think that if the reports around Giudetti are true e.g. his talent having not seen him play myself he would be a quality addition who could make an impact.

Thoughts back to players like Wilshire (Bolton), Lukaku (WBA), Walker (Villa) and also the impact that Naughton had at NCFC. Anyone who fits a similar mould of caliber would be most welcome. I do feel that the likes of a Harry Kane are not going to be coming in on loan, it will be someone more established

I still wonder if we will make a return for Harry Kane, whose loan spell here, let us not forget was tragically cut short through injury...................