Sign in to follow this  
pete

Wot no Hooper move

I thought QPR bid had been accepted whats keeping Hooper for signing for the Mighty R''s.  I actually do not rate him and would not be bothered if he joins City or not.  Apparently Celtic supporters not happy with him regarding his move and Lennon has gone quiet which is unusual for him.

Hooper? Who is this Hooper you speak of? Don''t think I''ve ever heard of him before, let''s hope Hughton knows about this guy if he is any good. Maybe somebody should tell him to bid for him? I''d have thought I would have heard of him, but obviously nobody on here has heard the rumours so there would of course be no thread on the Pink''un site about him.....

I hope QPR get him. Dont rate him at all.

Perhaps we should ask SDP to put a block on anyone posting names with the initials GH.   That would stop these Hooper threads and as a by product, also stop all the " Grant Holt scores again for Wigan"  threads............I suspect there might be quite a lot of those...............goals, that is.......

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well I hardly post anymore anyway so who would notice [;)][/quote]Noted.

And so it goes on.....and on....and.......the longer it goes on, the less I want to see him  If he ever does sign for us, the danger is the hype will make us expect too much from him.

"Neil Lennon to have talks with Gary Hooper today. Admits situation dragging out not good for player or club."@BBCChrismclaugI would laugh if after all this he stays at Celtic.

Strikes me as very much a CMS situation. We have put forward our best offer and are more than happy to walk away (we may already have done so) and Celtic are still trying to drum up interest at the price they want at a level of football Hooper would accept.

Surprised Hull and Palace have not been back in. Can''t see him ending up at QPR unless the only game in town.

More likely he will stay and walk next summer (maybe join us for free) 

West Ham were publically stating they were in the market for a CF, so there might be some mileage in that.

Overall, we could have told Neil that a week ago. Just get it sorted, or even announce that we are not in  the market for Hooper anymore.

I have yet to see anything credible that we are even in for him this transfer window. I doubt it very much to be honest that he is even on our transfer list

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I have yet to see anything credible that we are even in for him this transfer window. I doubt it very much to be honest that he is even on our transfer list[/quote]

Well he damn well should be!

Instead of us chasing uninterested, old Italians, lets just get Hooper here ASAP.

Who will blink first?

Will it be Lennon, when he realises that he can''t get more than the £4m or whatever, for a player with one year to go before he can walk away, that''s £4m  available to sign another player? He may blink when he realises that Hooper won''t go to QPR, and no other premiership team wants Hooper.

Or will it be CR, offering another add on or increased bid?

This could go right down to the end of August, but the longer it goes on the stronger the pressure on NC to sign one or more other players. My own guess is that NC do not value Hooper at more than £4m.so if they can find two elsewhere they will do so. It is true that they valued Hooper at something more like £6m in January, but that was more in the nature of an emergency. For, say, £5m I suspect that they will find a better striker from the continent, and it seems that they are trying to do this, to judge by CH''s flying visit to Italy.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Maybe Hooper isn''t that interested in being RvW''s backup, really can''t see these two being able to play together.[/quote]

This is always going to be a problem for us when competing with other, mor rich, clubs.   If you think you may not be first choice, then you will be more tempted by the money side of things.     In other words you''ll be more happy to sit on a bench lining your pockets than if you''re sitting on a bench not lining your pockets.   

Odds have shortened, today, on us signing him and lengthened on QPR. I know it is all about how many people/how much is placed etc, but it is just a tad interesting whether people are confident (or can afford to lose!) enough to place a bit of cash on him signing. One of those seems to be true today.

Also had a look at Alderweireld, and we are favourites to sign, and also Quagliarella, we are odds on.

Not quite sure exactly what he''s got to do with it but former England Cricket Captain, Michael Vaughan, has apparently today said that he''s heard Hooper is Norwich bound.

Odd.

I''ve heard rumours that Hooper is to sign when we return from America.Now before you shout at me.I was pretty spot on about Leroy Fer having a Medical and Hughton being in Italy.All I was told was that there would be movement later on this week / into next week.Could be nothing, but i''ll obviously post on here if I hear anything else !

We all know rumours can be very misleading but after a few days being dormant the celtic messageboard have come alive again with Hooper speculation again and it is mainly about him joining Norwich hope its true this time

I''d be happy with Hooper as our #2 poacher. Then we need a bit of pace in another striker or a number 10 and I''d say we''re in for an interesting season.