Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Leon McKenzie/Damien Francis

I know this ''story'' goes back years, but Leon has said (in the last 24 hours) that he and Damien are good friends. Also that Damien has said he is a big Norwich City fan. Others will know more than me, but it is another angle on some of the stuff that was reported as going on. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, is a lot more plausible than gossip. 

To me it just shows how vile and immature some people can be.

Why would somebody start spreading rumours like that?

It''s all explained in Leon''s book that he''s very good friends with Francis and always has been. Safri on the other hand, he''s not so keen!

[quote user="ellis206"]

To me it just shows how vile and immature some people can be.

Why would somebody start spreading rumours like that?

[/quote]

Probably the same reason that very similar rumours started around Tierney and Morison? Some people are just sadcases?

[quote user="peter2704"]It''s all explained in Leon''s book that he''s very good friends with Francis and always has been. Safri on the other hand, he''s not so keen![/quote]

probably because Saffers was a harder B*stard than Leon was!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="peter2704"]It''s all explained in Leon''s book that he''s very good friends with Francis and always has been. Safri on the other hand, he''s not so keen![/quote] probably because Saffers was a harder B*stard than Leon was![/quote]

How do you come to that conclusion then!!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="peter2704"]It''s all explained in Leon''s book that he''s very good friends with Francis and always has been. Safri on the other hand, he''s not so keen![/quote] probably because Saffers was a harder B*stard than Leon was![/quote]

How do you come to that conclusion then!!!

[/quote]

did you shut your eyes when Safri tackled?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]I know this ''story'' goes back years, but Leon has said (in the last 24 hours) that he and Damien are good friends. Also that Damien has said he is a big Norwich City fan. Others will know more than me, but it is another angle on some of the stuff that was reported as going on. Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, is a lot more plausible than gossip. [/quote]

Francis was 3 or 4 rows back from me at the Youth Cup Final leg at Stamford bridge so guess he''s not lieing when he says he''s a big fan. Looked like he had a nice big family with him as well!

I know i''m hijacking this a little bit, but anyone read McKenzie''s book?

Had a few mates tell me to avoid it as he comes across as feeling sorry for himself most of the time, and they found themselves slightly despising him.

But none of them really indicated if there was much Norwich content inside? Is it a worthwhile read as city supporter?

Boooooo, get your own thread. Although you might be accused of multi threads on the same subject!

It is hard to quantify, bearing in mind how his life has panned out. I noticed that on twitter, that he used to put out a hell of a lot of motivational  ''sayings'' , and after a while I switched off from reading them, as I felt, that one or two can be inspiring , but it felt watered down, the more I read. It obviously worked for Leon, and that can only be  a good thing, as it worked for him.

[quote user="peter2704"]It''s all explained in Leon''s book that he''s very good friends with Francis and always has been. Safri on the other hand, he''s not so keen![/quote]

What''s his problem with Safri?

Safri had a better song.

It''s why Moro didn''t work out, crap song. Kamara was doing great too until some numpty decided to give him Jackson''s song WHILST HE WAS STILL HERE.

We''d better give RVW a decent one or we''ll ruin him too.

I''ve read his book and really enjoyed it. Speaks honestly and openly, good things said about us, the safri incident was funny!

Never thought Leon McKenzie was much of a footballer. To be frank, I think his personal behaviour is even worse. Comes across as a poor example of a husband and father - a man riddled with uncertainty. I mean, is he a footballer, a singer, an author, a boxer - or perhaps he''s re-invented himself yet again and he''s something altogether different this season?

Fashion tips a bit like this chap perhaps? http://tinyurl.com/65p9xaq

Was Safri a hard tackler!!! i must of had my eyes shut through most of his games!! good passer but hard tackler...No, yes he could get the ball off an opponent, but No real hard tackles!!