Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Hooper watch - Monday 15th

Doubt very much that it would be Becchio, that would mean all our strikers that we had during last season gone! That''s surely too big and too soon a change by anyone''s standards.

I think it would be between Fox, Butterfield or Ayala. Foxy was also the first name that popped up in my head. Think it would be good for him and he''d do well there.

Pointless keeping becchio and not playing him, at least if we shipped him out we could look at drafting in a 3rd choice striker who may make it onto the pitch and be better than becchio the bench warmer.

If it is a cash + player deal, it''s a win win. The player won''t be playing any premier league games for us anyway, get them off the wage bill/25 man squad.

The player, hopefully, Ayala or Barnett, but more likely Fox or Butterfield, would be a star in the SPL, given the general standard up there, players that can''t get games in division 1 & 2 down here, do well in the SPL.

At one point, I would have said he had potential to be our most exciting midfielder (Wes aside) but that time has passed, and sad as it may be, because he has done very little wrong, I feel it is time to get him off the wage bill. We, as a Club, have moved beyond Surman''s capabilities and influence on the playing side

That''s a fair comment crabs (not sure I should call you that). When on form he was a super player to watch. Good vision, good movement and had an eye for goal. He will make a good signing for a chumps club - not to the binfolk please!

Even if we get Hooper, which I hope we do, two more strikers are still needed for the squad as Hughton won''t play Becchio - maybe he is the player on offer !

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]paul moy wrote

"Spurs are in for Hooper apparently... Talksport"

Good news - IF true.[/quote]

Why good George? I take it you don''t want him? Good enough for Spurs but not us?

If there''s any player going their way it''s going to be someone young, as it''s Celtic''s policy under Lennon.

Why good George? I take it you don''t want him? Good enough for Spurs but not us?

Correct Jimmy, i don''t think he''s good enough.

However, if we do get him i would be chuffed to be proved wrong.

Bad news if Spurs are in for him. It amazes me how little regard Hooper seems to be held in. Point is we need three strikers at the moment if we discount Becchio. Worrying times indeed.

Who has actually said Spurs are in for him? Was it Lennon or the Celtic Board, trying to squeeze a few more quid out of us before the (apparent) deadline?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Bad news if Spurs are in for him. It amazes me how little regard Hooper seems to be held in. Point is we need three strikers at the moment if we discount Becchio. Worrying times indeed.[/quote]

Crikey, I thought I was the worrier! The times are certainly not worrying, quite the opposite!

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]QPR have just announced on twitter that their second signing of the summer will be announced shortly. Hooper?[/quote]

I just had a look on some websites and I think it''s Dunne that is signing for QPR!!! could be wrong though.

[quote user="Willzy65"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]QPR have just announced on twitter that their second signing of the summer will be announced shortly. Hooper?[/quote]

I just had a look on some websites and I think it''s Dunne that is signing for QPR!!! could be wrong though.[/quote]

good shout that man!! just confirmed now.

@ Lincoln - ok I was pushing the envelope on the ''worrying'' side! - point is we don''t need to go into this season under-strikered again, especially since we''ve sold our only proven goal scorer at this level!