Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Judas Francis of to charlton for 3million

Now we know for sure why francis has been playing like a plank for the last couple of months the judas t**t had been negotiations with charlton in febuary about a move , i say rip there hands off for 3 million and good riddance to dead wood. Here is the link below.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/charlton/article.asp?article_id=20606&startrecord=2

[quote]Now we know for sure why francis has been playing like a plank for the last couple of months the judas t**t had been negotiations with charlton in febuary about a move , i say rip there hands off for ...[/quote]

Old news. That article is from yesterday.

Also, nothing has been confirmed anywhere to say that he''s off.

While i dont really view ''kent online'' as a beacon of journalistic quality, if we can get 3 million for him, then brilliant. However, how  you can call him Judas is beyond me. While yes, his performances were a bit below par towards the end of the season but he''s served us alright really. 3 million for a player we only payed 400k for two seasons ago and has done pretty well, is good money, if he wants to go then let him go.

£3 mil, thank you very much... personally, I''ll pass comment if/when it actually happens, I''m not a fan of gossip...

Amusingly, though, I misread the first part of the email address www.kentonline.co.uk as Kenton Line... I thought our old defender had started up his own chat-line... Hi, I''m Darren... what are you wearing....?

I''m a straaaaange man.....

I can''t believe we still continued to play him in the knowledge that he has been talking to Charlton since February.

Maybe that''s why Leon smacked him in the mouth? ''Cos he found out he was talking to Curbs

[quote]Old news. That article is from yesterday. Also, nothing has been confirmed anywhere to say that he''s off.[/quote]

Old news, new news, any news ,anyone coming off the field in yellow at Fulham who could find something to laugh about,I suggest shouldn''t  be part of the set-up next season.

Good ridance to bad rubbish! I''d have been gutted if you''d told me this in December, but now I can''t wait to get rid of the lay-about. He''s not good enough for Wroxham reserves!

As much as i agree his performances have been weak since march you can''t take away from him the fact that he was far and away our best outfield player for the best part of 3-4 months throughout the start and middle part of the season.

I think on the whole he has earned his opportunity to play in the Premiership next season and if we can get £3m for him i think its the best move for all parties concerned.

£3m can buy us a replacement AND a quality defender.

lurd

The reason people call him judas is not because he only cost us £400K, its because he more than anybody else cost us £20million next year alone. If we''d had a full team that day we might just have had a chance.

old new, but 3 million isnt bad for him i spose.

feel we need to freshen up the midfield anyhow, and safri needs to be in the starting 11 

[quote]While i dont really view ''kent online'' as a beacon of journalistic quality, if we can get 3 million for him, then brilliant. However, how you can call him Judas is beyond me. While yes, his performan...[/quote]

He is a judas lurd because he was talking to charlton in febuary with 3 months of our season still to go in my eyes that''s wrong.

[quote]He is a judas lurd because he was talking to charlton in febuary with 3 months of our season still to go in my eyes that''s wrong.[/quote]

Did Norwich know he was talking to Charlton??

If yes, then he should not have been allowed to play knowing that his mind and heart was no longer at our club!!

If no, then is that allowed in the rules of the game while he still under contract with us????????????

we dont want players who dont want to play for NCFC...regardless of who they are.

I find it hard to believe he''s been talking to them since Feb tho unless he has a clause in his contract allowing it!

[quote]Did Norwich know he was talking to Charlton?? If yes, then he should not have been allowed to play knowing that his mind and heart was no longer at our club!! If no, then is that allowed in the rule...[/quote]

If you are thinking along the lines of the Chelsea and Ashley Cole tapping up incident, it is all to do with number of years left on a player''s contract. I believe that any player in the last year of their contract can talk to any club they want to (which is why Rio Ferdinand seen with Peter Kenyon wasn''t such an issue because he was in his last year...but now extended).

If we can get £3million we''re laughing all the way to the bank.  Let''s use part of it to pay more to Ash, Greeno, Shacks etc and keep the players who really want to play for the club.

[quote]If we can get £3million we''re laughing all the way to the bank. Let''s use part of it to pay more to Ash, Greeno, Shacks etc and keep the players who really want to play for the club.[/quote]

Why? They''re on good, Championship level wages which they agreed to. If they want higher wages, they have to work and get us back to the Premiership.

I agree with the majority on here that Francis was head and shoulders above the rest during the first half of the season, and was pretty awful for the second half of the season (and let''s face it, a complete disgrace against Fulham).  But who would we have played instead?  The answer would have to be Gary Holt, who no doubt would have got slagged off too.

I find it ironic that Holt gets berated all season (to the point where his confidence is completely shot).  He gets slagged/booed for his lack of ability, despite his indisputable passion and commitment for our club.  Meanwhile, Francis (who has been here 2 minutes and massively inconsistent both seasons) is quickly regarded as the messiah, yet is now getting slagged for lack of passion/commitment/loyalty. 

Francis is obviously a much better player than Holt, but it''s been absolutely obvious his heart''s not been in it for months.  So, he should''ve been dropped.  Simple.  And if we had shown a little bit of loyalty to Holt, his confidence might not have gone and we might have had an alternative in midfield.

It was a sad day at Craven Cottage for more than one reason - There was a gifted and talented midfield player wearing Norwich colours who wasn''t interested in playing for us.. and a former hero giving it everything who was scared of the ball.

An excellent post and my sentiments exactly! I felt embarrassed at times last season how so many fans felt it appropriate to boo Holt, when the Man was always giving his best, and always 100% for NCFC. Not so, esp last couple of months, from Francis. So, Francis is clearly going, and with Safri''s fitness problems from time to time, the money needs to be spent quickly on two good midfield players. Koumas? for one,& perhaps Steve Stone. And if Gary Holt is playing, then lets get behind him for a change.

[quote]Good ridance to bad rubbish! I''d have been gutted if you''d told me this in December, but now I can''t wait to get rid of the lay-about. He''s not good enough for Wroxham reserves![/quote]

Marmite great post got to be careful you dont upset DD he she thinks his the real buisiness and would love to see him laze around for another year.

Getting a bit fed up with this judas talk, why is he a traitor, has he asked to go to Charlton? A scapegoat perhaps? Francis was useless at Fulham, but so was Bentley and Jonson along with others.  At least he played well for some of the season! I''d like Francis to stay, very good Championship player

I''m still convinced that the only reason francis looed as good as he did in the frst few months was because Hucks was always keeping at least two of the opposition busy... Not denying Francis is a good player, but I think having Huckerby in the team made him look better.

[quote]As much as i agree his performances have been weak since march you can''t take away from him the fact that he was far and away our best outfield player for the best part of 3-4 months throughout the st...[/quote]

Do you really believe that we would get 3 million for francis.Dream on if that is the case then i suppose koumas or sidwell must be going for 6or7 million and i know who i would prefer.

[quote]I agree with the majority on here that Francis was head and shoulders above the rest during the first half of the season, and was pretty awful for the second half of the season (and let''s face it, a c...[/quote]

Good post leedsyellow your right i think the reason holt is playing so badly is the fans getting on his back it can''t be nice for the feller a real shame that some fans feel they have to boo the guy .

Likewise, couldnt agree more.

I''ve never understood why people got so excited about Francis, who as you say has always been very inconsistent (until the second half of this season when he was consistently c**p).

And as for the way Holt has been treated this season, IMO it was absolutely disgusting. City fans like being told they are the best but I think that''s a pretty hollow boast given some of the ''support'' they''ve given this year.

[quote]Likewise, couldnt agree more. I''ve never understood why people got so excited about Francis, who as you say has always been very inconsistent (until the second half of this season when he was consis...[/quote]

I agree, a player like Holt should not be booed.  I remember it happening when Iwan was coming off/on and Svennson was going the other way.  No excuse is ever good enough for booing a player who is giving their all for your club.

I will be the first to admit that even before the Premier League season started I did not think that Holt was going to be good enough for that league but that''s not his fault!  He has been a wonderful servant to our club and he was an absolute bargain buy.  He deserved a lot more respect than what he got.

the tie up with gary holt is missing the point, if this rumour is true then it does tie in with francis'' lack of form since the beginning of the year.  He was always a far more talented midfield player than holt - but comparing them is nothing to do with why francis lost his form

if it is because he wants away, then he must go.  There is no reason to keep a player who simply is not interested.  Whether we get 3m for him is another matter, he was inconsistent at the top level (whatever the reason) therefore i doubt if charlton are convinced he will do a better job for them, and have they that sort of money to fling around given their financial status at present?

What we do with the money from francis (if he goes to charlton or elsewhere) is to invest it in a YOUNG attacking midfielder with potential to play alongside safri.  Holt is not good enough for the premiership and although would probably be able to play another couple of seasons in the championship, shouldn''t we be looking forward and to building a team which will flourish in the top flight - as well as buying someone who has ball skills (our midfield shape and tactics have to improve!) it is worth noting we not only need a replacement for francis, but a seriously talented football coach also