Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Youth or Experience?

What a great signing Vydra would be. Bags of potential with pace which could hurt defenses (fingers crossed). With our squad being reasonably young though I feel we''d need an older more experienced player who''s been at the top. Someone like Maxi Lopez or Quadrigula, I''m not surprised that we''re being linked with older players and I hope our fans aren''t unhappy about their age. I think we need someone with that bit of experience and someone who can still play quality football to bring that bit of balance to the squad which Holt brought. Our players looked up to Holt, and as much as money can buy skill or potential, I believe experience can be just as valuable to have in the squad. I can see why Hughton is looking at those types of players and ofcourse being linked with players such as Vydra is also great.

We have the knowledge that we''re looking for two forwards one which I''m assuming with some age (Lopez) and one which is relatively young and promising. (Vydra). Saying that, I''m not sure where Hooper fits in this theory, but £5 million for a prolific goal scorer is good value for money anyway and at 25 years of age he''s yet to peak.

Feel free to rip my theory apart, but I''m just making my hypothesis on players we''ve been linked with. Saying that, if we we''re only to get one forward, what would you choose, youth or experience?

If I had to choose between one, it would be youth eveytime. There are a lot more factors that comes with youth, like development and passion, and then the sell on value if they shine. QPR showed what happens when you bank soley on experience.

That said, a bit of both doesn''t hurt and Liverpool is possibly a leading example for this at the moment.

I can''t see us going for another CAM though. Howson and Hoolahan are attacking midfielders and Fer has got that in him too. I think I recall Hughton suggesting in a interview that Remond could also be trained in that position and lets not forget about Butterfield (wherever his future lies). I guess we''ll see, but whatever happens I''m confident we won''t be let down.