Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Welcome to the club Villa?

Thought someone on twitter had linked us to David Villa for a sec lol. Wouldnt suprise me.

Villa having a terrible pre season so far. But means nothing really.

It''s pre-season, less point in these games (results wise) than in a circle! Man Utd, City, Chelsea etc all have lost to supposed weaker opposition aswell, can''t see them down the bottom come May though, somehow!!

Gutted, sack the board, sack Lambert, sack Benteke etc etc

Five games, no wins

It''s tragic. The end is nigh

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]And went off injured[/quote]

Nothing trivial I hope

[quote user="AJ"]Gutted, sack the board, sack Lambert, sack Benteke etc etc

Five games, no wins

It''s tragic. The end is nigh[/quote]

Hahahaha and I thought our 1-0 loss with the reserve team was bad!!

[quote user="ryanncfc"] can''t see them down the bottom come May though, somehow!![/quote]I can.  Another year yet another new suit of clothes for the Emperor down at B6.Realistically they''re once again trying to do it on the cheap pinning all their hopes on Benteke repeating his success of last season. None of Lamberts summer signings look to be anything other than cheap gambles (Jed excepted) there''s certainly nothing pointing directly towards any of them drastically improving the squad. They might but they might just as easily not and if Benteke reverts to form I suggest this is the year that Villa finally take the drop they''ve only very narrowly managed to avoid a few times recently.Villa and Ipswich to both be relegated pays 144/1

I think until Lambert learns to defend (or at least admit its part of the game) they will always be liable to struggle.

Will score against anyone but likely to concede against everyone too.

Really amazed he doesn''t seem to learn from his mistakes and adapt. Maybe he will this year, we will see.

Hopefully we can fine tune the defence and add more firepower to make this season much less stressful.

There are plenty of villa forums if people wish to talk about this club which is in terminal decline. This one is for NCFC. Please respect the fact. Thanks

Benteke didn''t go off injured. He went off because he''s only had 4 days training thus far. And despite being the bright spark he''s clearly not fit yet.

As for the defence last night (first half) it was led by Baker, supplemented by two youth kids and utility man Herd. It''s about giving everyone some minutes. You need to see what they can do obviously.

If we lose the next 4 it won''t matter one jot. It''s pre season, all that matters is fitness.

Mind you, even getting the likes of Agbonlahor, Weimann, Helenius, Tonev, Albrighton, Okore, Bennett, N''Zogbia onto the actual training field might be nice before August

Roll on Crewe

Jeez - are you saying all those are not fit yet? With your first 10 fixtures, potentially being a nightmare, you may well need all of them fit from the off, or you could be in big trouble. 

I still dont think Benteke will be at the club on Sept 1st.  The money offered by Spurs and Arsenal will be too much for itchy fingers Lerner to resist.

The other players thay have signed this summer are mediocre and unproven. 

Villa punched above their weight last season and this term it will be one too many miracles to perform.

Down they go with Hull and Palace.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

I still dont think Benteke will be at the club on Sept 1st.  The money offered by Spurs and Arsenal will be too much for itchy fingers Lerner to resist.

The other players thay have signed this summer are mediocre and unproven. 

Villa punched above their weight last season and this term it will be one too many miracles to perform.

Down they go with Hull and Palace.

[/quote]Benteke signed an extension with Villa...4 year deal...

Arsenal are after Suarez rather than Benteke. Also he will be staying put. I am sure they''ll be okay next season made some decent signings and have kept onto their best player

I realise that Benteke has signed a contract extension but lots of clubs do this to force up the transfer value of the player.

Bellamy signed a new contract with Norwich shortly before being transferred to Coventry.

Suarez will go abroad and Arsenal will turn their attentions elsewhere.

[quote user="Zak Van Burger"][quote user="AJ"]Agbonlahor, Weimann, Helenius, Tonev, Albrighton, Okore, Bennett, N''Zogbia [/quote]Stop it AJ you''re scaring us now.... LOL!![/quote]

You should be. It could be abother P3 won 0 season again for the Norwich against their new rival Villa!

:)

I''m quietly confident about the season ahead

UTV

Don''t pay too much attention to pre-season friendly''s, it''s a ''cup final'' for the smaller teams but the Premiership teams tend to train through it, quite often in the morning before the afternoon match.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Zak Van Burger"][quote user="AJ"]Agbonlahor, Weimann, Helenius, Tonev, Albrighton, Okore, Bennett, N''Zogbia [/quote]Stop it AJ you''re scaring us now.... LOL!![/quote]

You should be. It could be abother P3 won 0 season again for the Norwich against their new rival Villa!

:)

I''m quietly confident about the season ahead

UTV[/quote]I prefer P3L2D1Than P3 Won 0

[quote user="AJ"]Benteke didn''t go off injured. He went off because he''s only had 4 days training thus far. And despite being the bright spark he''s clearly not fit yet.

As for the defence last night (first half) it was led by Baker, supplemented by two youth kids and utility man Herd. It''s about giving everyone some minutes. You need to see what they can do obviously.

If we lose the next 4 it won''t matter one jot. It''s pre season, all that matters is fitness.

Mind you, even getting the likes of Agbonlahor, Weimann, Helenius, Tonev, Albrighton, Okore, Bennett, N''Zogbia onto the actual training field might be nice before August

Roll on Crewe[/quote]

www.villatalk.com

Ok it is only pre season but AV have not won any of their 5 games against the likes of the mighty Luton, Wycombe and a some regional German teams.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]Ok it is only pre season but AV have not won any of their 5 games against the likes of the mighty Luton, Wycombe and a some regional German teams.[/quote]

We may not even beat Crewe, Walsall or Shamrock Rovers either

But I''m highly confident we''ll be back in the top half ready to push on again come next May!

These lads will form the backbone of a side for the next 5 seasons or more, 10 in some cases. The change of mindset and everything else since Lambert came in has been nothing less than a real eye opener. After years of doing things the wrong way for years, it seems we finally have a manager and board with a clear vision and a long term plan

I''m predicting somewhere between 10 and 7th

[quote user="Zak Van Burger"][quote user="ryanncfc"] can''t see them down the bottom come May though, somehow!![/quote]None of Lamberts summer signings look to be anything other than cheap gambles
[/quote]
I know that it is fashionable to hate Lambert and Villa, but I''m afraid Lambert has actually made some excellent signings. Okore, Bacuna and Helenius in particular are very talented young players who I''d expect to have a big future in the game.
And most of his ''cheap gambles'' worked out well last season in the grand scheme of things, and most of his cheap gambles worked out fine at Norwich too. Anthony Pilkington and Elliott Bennett were perceived by other teams to be ''cheap gambles'' I suspect?
I haven''t even heard of their other signings, admittedly, but of the three mentioned I''d have been delighted with them at Norwich. Lambert is buying very young again, clearly he is thinking long term at Villa, no other manager in the league is building a team on kids. 
But we all know Lambert well enough to know that he has the messiah''s touch and that he gets the best out of players, I expect them to end up a fantastic side within a few years and probably back up there challenging the top six. 
I wouldn''t want him back, don''t really like the bloke, and I''m happy with Hughton..... but he knows what he is doing. 

I expect them to be mid-table this coming season, 10th - 12th probably, but can only see them getting stronger each season that Lambert is in charge, and wouldn''t surprise me enormously if they ended up with a cup win or two over the next few years.
I''m excited about our own prospect too, not putting us down, in fact I see Villa and Norwich as the two ambitious growth teams and expect both to thrive over the next five years.