Could be a good buy for any superstitious Championship manager as he has now been with promoted clubs in successive seasons.

Having said that I really hope he plays in the premiership as he fully deserves to.

[quote]It is somewhat ironic isnt it ? Did Malky play at all yesterday? If he didnt what was the reason?[/quote]

He didn''t and he won''t.

Since moving to WHU, he''s barely played. He''s not been half the player for them that he has for us. I''d fully expect to see him shown the door.

I didn''t see the game yesterday, but I don''t think Malky played. I''ve got a mate who is a  West Ham fan and he says that their improvement in form over the last few games of the season and in the playoffs is largely down to their two young central defenders, Elliot Ward and Anton Ferdinand (brother or cousin of Rio).

I know Malky has been injured quite a bit this season, but I wouldn''t be totally surprised if he doesn''t play in the Prem for the Hammers. Perhaps we should buy him back?

[quote]He didn''t and he won''t. Since moving to WHU, he''s barely played. He''s not been half the player for them that he has for us. I''d fully expect to see him shown the door.[/quote]

Correct, I think i''m right in saying Malky was a regular for them but got injured and never found his way back. He has not featured since, doesn''t even make the bench i''ve been told, and I should think he may well be released as Pardew has stated that quite a few will be leaving.

[quote]I didn''t see the game yesterday, but I don''t think Malky played. I''ve got a mate who is a West Ham fan and he says that their improvement in form over the last few games of the season and in the play...[/quote]

Yes another defender over the age of 30 is exactly what we are crying out for

If a championship team felt that he was best replaced by a younger speedier prospect, then why would we be interested.

Next stop Portman Road perhaps?

If he had been a mainstay in their defence and helped them get up, then yes, it would be ironic.  Considering though he''s played bugger all and certainly won''t play next year though, it aint that ironic

A good friend who is a season ticket holder at West Ham told me Malky was considered way too slow to hold down a place and came quite high on a fans poll of worst ever buys.  He was great for us but looked to have gone as high as he could, I think the last season has proved that.  Why oh why anyone would consider him appropriate to our present needs I cannot begin to understand.  Let him go down in history as a great captain and player over several seasons but his time has gone.  Lets move on.

[quote]Can we have our Malky back please?[/quote]

You must be having a laugh if you want to pair up Flem and Malky again.  Worthy should take a leaf out of Pardew''s book and partner Shackell with another young defender.