Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Was this really only four years ago?

It was said at the time, a spot on post and to be fair, looked like the truth, as OP has pointed out though, things have changed dramatically. The point referring to a new CEO and letting them choose the manager - so very true and important.McNally came in and as they say, the rest is history.

Yet if we post anything about them on our site it gets deleted? As their club slowly dies it would be nice to be allowed to pickover the carcass. Seemingly they were allowed to pass comment on our apparent demise..ON OUR SITE....

To be fair, before the appointment of McNally I would say he was calling everything NCFC spot on....shame he couldn''t look at Ipswich with the same degree of analysis instead of through some seriously blue tinted glasses!

It''s too simple to say "before the appointment of  McNally". The much derided appointment of Bob The Grocer ended at Cardiff with a play-off final defeat on pens. Then the much derided appointment of Doncaster saw promotion to the PL within 2 years. Ok, then it went pear shaped, but during that period those "ambitious and money laden" binners have achieved diddly-squat.

And yes.. why were the binners allowed on our site to rub it in back then yet it seems us revelling in their demise is not welcome on here?

My favourite quotes:

"I now see one club who has had the great

good fortune to be bankrolled by a very rich man who have clearly got excellent people at the top, and one who appear to be being run by well-meaning amateurs."

"I think I can sum it up though by the thought that Ipswich appear to be a club thinking big, and Norwich appear to be a club thinking small."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And yes.. why were the binners allowed on our site to rub it in back then yet it seems us revelling in their demise is not welcome on here?

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say he was really rubbing our face in it with that post. Its probably the best, most thought out and fact based post i''ve ever read on this forum, and it came from a binner.

Now if it was intended to ''rub our faces in it'', then credit it to him, did it in a way that most people said "what a great post" and effectively congratulated him on doing it.

Sharp tool that fella, but ultimately, still a tool.

It was a well-thought out post by the binner.  It was also, with hindsight, a good example of schadenfreude. 

Personally I was never convinced by Roy Keane as a manager and couldn''t see why they were quite so pleased with themselves getting him.  It is good to see that a couple of City fans were able to forecast that he was quite capable of wasting a large transfer budget for them, and so it turned out.  

Maybe the lesson is not to get too self-satisfied.  It also is a reminder of just how hard it is to put together a successful formula in football.  Ipswich and Notts Forest are two good examples of reasonably big championship clubs where owners have invested quite a lot of money, and made well-thought of managerial appointments, with absolutely zero return so far.  Which puts PL''s achievement in getting us straight through the Champ to the Prem into context.

Thinks are reversed for now.  I for one am enjoying it while it lasts.  But if you look at how teams like Villa, Newcastle etc flirted with relegation last season, never mind the moment when Wigan got uncomfortably close to us, you have to remember Prem status is not to be taken for granted.

[quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t say he was really rubbing our face in it with that post. Its probably the best, most thought out and fact based post i''ve ever read on this forum, and it came from a binner.

Now if it was intended to ''rub our faces in it'', then credit it to him, did it in a way that most people said "what a great post" and effectively congratulated him on doing it.

Sharp tool that fella, but ultimately, still a tool.[/quote]

Did you just read the opening post buddy? There''s posters on that thread who ran riot on this forum totally unchecked at that time. But now any mention of the binners on here results in the threads being moved from the main forum. My question is why the double standards? Double standards that seem sympathetic to our rivals!

[quote user="dhickl"]My favourite quotes:

"I now see one club who has had the great

good fortune to be bankrolled by a very rich man who have clearly got excellent people at the top, and one who appear to be being run by well-meaning amateurs."

"I think I can sum it up though by the thought that Ipswich appear to be a club thinking big, and Norwich appear to be a club thinking small."[/quote]He was talking about debt