Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

If.......

Preseason is such a training exercise, as I keep reading on here, when are we getting to the scoring exercises?

I would have liked to see us troubling the net if only for confidence purposes.

C''mon Chris, lets just try a game where we just go for it and see what happens. Clinging on to 0-0 caught us out last season too many times

You seem to have conveniently forgotton we won the first game 3-0.

[quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]You seem to have conveniently forgotton we won the first game 3-0.[/quote]

Not forgotton it at all. But we have not built on it and the first game was played with effectivly 2 teams to see what works. I just dont see progress.

Not loosing my head, just commenting. Isn''t that how forums work?

[quote user="percy varco"][quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]You seem to have conveniently forgotton we won the first game 3-0.[/quote]

Not forgotton it at all. But we have not built on it and the first game was played with effectivly 2 teams to see what works. I just dont see progress.

Not loosing my head, just commenting. Isn''t that how forums work?[/quote]Some forums, imagine this as more of a W.I. Meeting

He''s clearly bee chopping and changing, giving players game time and working on fitness and shape in the first few games.

I would expect things to crank up a notch in the remaining friendlies with perhaps the strongest line up playing one of the midweek games and the saturday home friendly.

Looking at the side we put out last night i would expect to see a reasonably strong line up at brighton next week.

As someone heavily of the ''Hughton Out'' opinion last season, I have put that to one side and said to myself that this is a new season with a new slate.I already have a sinking feeling that despite a much, much better squad we are going to have pretty much the same season again kicking off in 3 weeks time.I really hope not.

omg Barcelona didn''t score last night in their pre season friendly, Messi out!!!!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]As someone heavily of the ''Hughton Out'' opinion last season, I have put that to one side and said to myself that this is a new season with a new slate.
I already have a sinking feeling that despite a much, much better squad we are going to have pretty much the same season again kicking off in 3 weeks time.
I really hope not.
[/quote]

So a clean slate for the new season, that seems to be working well for you...

Sorry Percy, but you are rather cutting your facts to fit your moan: yes we played two different XIs in the first game, but we did also in the second, and yesterday we played a near-''Cup'' XI yesterday with many of our first teasers not in the squad.

This is pre-season and the games are largely glorified training matches to get match fitness and shed any rustiness. Yes it would be good to win, and score plenty, but it is not the be all and end all. We should see them step up a gear in the next few games.

Personally I would be more concerned if those results were for our opening Premier league games. You should never read to much into pre season friendlies (win, draw or lose), I seem to remember that we never won a pre-season friendly under Mike Walker and we managed to finish third in the top tier of English football.......

The only good pre-season I can remember is before we started in L1 under Gunn.  Nothing matters in pre-season except getting the team through without injuries, and getting the team fit and gelling together (is that a word?).  The results and the way the team play mean nothing until the season opener.

[quote]

[quote]As someone heavily of the ''Hughton Out'' opinion last season, I have put that to one side and said to myself that this is a new season with a new slate.I already have a sinking feeling that despite a much, much better squad we are going to have pretty much the same season again kicking off in 3 weeks time.I really hope not.[/quote]

So a clean slate for the new season, that seems to be working well for you...

[/quote]Haha- no it really isn''t!I''m trying hard but Hughton is still proving really tough to take to for me. God I hope I can shake it off soon- Fer, Van Wolfswinkel, talk of Quagliarrella etc all so exciting yet the dark cloud of Hughton (and even more so, Calderwood) tactics just won''t lift for me yet.