Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Most underrated players in the Prem?

Sebastian Bassong for me. Easily good enough to get games at any club in the land. 
Also Brad Guzan the Villa keeper.

Bassong''s a great shout, but Osman was until last season always underrated.

[quote user="jedi"]Bassong''s a great shout, but Osman was until last season always underrated.[/quote]
Good call on Osman. He was always in Cahill''s shadow though. Tim Cahill was himself probably a little underrated, if he was English he''d have been hero worshipped. 

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ashley WilliamsMichael DawsonDavid Luiz (as a midfielder not a defender)Steven Pienaar[/quote]
Ashley Williams is a good shout. Him and Bassong would be a good centre back partnership for any club. Both examples of players who would be rated as top class if they played for one of more fashionable national teams. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The answer is -

Michael Carrick.

No debate, or need for further discussion.

Thread closed!

[/quote]
I didn''t say player though, I said playerS.
Thread reopened! 

Michael Carrick has always been the core of my Fantasy League team.Brilliant footballer who in my eyes will be the next Ryan Giggs / Paul Scholes and play for ever

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Michael Carrick has always been the core of my Fantasy League team.Brilliant footballer who in my eyes will be the next Ryan Giggs / Paul Scholes and play for ever[/quote]

He''s going to be 32 in a few days, so only got about 3 seasons of regular football... Giggs hasn''t been a regular for a while, and Scholes been in and out as well as retiring for similar time period.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Michael Carrick has always been the core of my Fantasy League team.Brilliant footballer who in my eyes will be the next Ryan Giggs / Paul Scholes and play for ever[/quote]

He''s going to be 32 in a few days, so only got about 3 seasons of regular football... Giggs hasn''t been a regular for a while, and Scholes been in and out as well as retiring for similar time period.[/quote]What I mean is, he will, like Giggs and Scholes end up being a bit part player at United till he''s like 38/40. He will still contribute to the first team till he''s atleast 35/36 though as a 1st choice.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Not sure he''s really underrated but Coutinho looks a proper player.[/quote]Next year will be his breakthrough year

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Michael Turner.
[/quote]

Shout.

David luiz. Ramires. BegoVic. Ruddy. Miralles. Fulham centre back whose name escapes me

I know one, slightly OT as he has just signed for Wigan but..................................................

No not Grant Holt (Although he was criminally underrated by everyone but City fans)

James Perch, versatile player can play anywhere accross the midfield and defence. Had 2 outstanding games against us the last 2 seasons at St James and always been impressed when ive seen him.

Turner and Carrick are great shouts.

Judging by Fantasy Football pricing the following players are very underrated:

Ruddy. Priced at 5.0? Bizarre after being excellent last season before he was injured. He seems to now be battling it out with some very sub standard ''keepers to get that third England berth back.

Fer at 6.0. You just wait premier League. This lad will finish in the mid 7''s.

David Fox. Totally underrated by Hughton. Wasted last year by not starting even when Tettey started to look useless later in the season.

Podolski. Fantastic player whenever he plays, he seems to be able to demolish teams. Yet Wenger rarely starts him. Very strange. The press never mention him much either.

Jack Rodwell. The boy is potentially a future world class midfielder. Yet he''s the forgotten man at Man City.

Scott Sinclair. Why he went to Man City I''ll never know. How could Mancini underrate him so utterly after being so good as Swansea is almost insulting. He''s totally gone off radar.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Turner and Carrick are great shouts. Judging by Fantasy Football pricing the following players are very underrated: Ruddy. Priced at 5.0? Bizarre after being excellent last season before he was injured. He seems to now be battling it out with some very sub standard ''keepers to get that third England berth back. Fer at 6.0. You just wait premier League. This lad will finish in the mid 7''s. David Fox. Totally underrated by Hughton. Wasted last year by not starting even when Tettey started to look useless later in the season. Podolski. Fantastic player whenever he plays, he seems to be able to demolish teams. Yet Wenger rarely starts him. Very strange. The press never mention him much either. Jack Rodwell. The boy is potentially a future world class midfielder. Yet he''s the forgotten man at Man City. Scott Sinclair. Why he went to Man City I''ll never know. How could Mancini underrate him so utterly after being so good as Swansea is almost insulting. He''s totally gone off radar.[/quote]

The problem with Poldoski is he doesn''t defend (which is a problem when he was on the left wing in front of Andre Santos) and doesn''t quite have the fitness level to give 100% over 90 mins. I would expect him to have more of an influence next season as he has been improving on both these areas in the close season.