Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooper medical NCFC

I''ll just leave this here...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417574/Celtic-striker-Gary-Hooper-heads-to-Norwich-for-glory-not-the-money

GLJMNC wrote - "now that it looks like we''ve got him, the question now is ,what do we do with him?...

...the other way of course is to play 4411 with one of Hooper or RVW playing just behind the other.............not sure if either is suited to that role?"

I still think that we are after a dedicated SS but Hooper has an extremely high and consistent assist rate which would indicate that he looks to bring others into play.

for those who think he wont be able to score in the EPL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GcgO7rbXw

you tell me he cant finish

Excellent compilation, CM. Some of those goals might have been prevented by PL defences, but even half of 31 would be a good rate in the PL. He certainly has a sharpness and predatory instinct, not to mention good pace. I think he could form a good partnership with RvW, given his 21 assists last season. I don''t think it needs a rigid formation though. Hooper likes to drop deeper to receive the ball and that could help with the links from midfield, especially if Fer is going to be bombing forward as well. This would also suit the cutting in of Pilks and Snods in a much more fluid and dangerous attack.

[quote user="Canary_Mad"]for those who think he wont be able to score in the EPL

you tell me he cant finish[/quote]

The one vs rangers at 6:50 was delightful!

Michael Bailey has seen Hooper going into CR this morning, and McNally has tweeted that he''s going to be busy this morning, so hopefully an announcement at some point today.

Not that it''s a surprise at all but MJB has tweeted that he saw a suited''n''booted Hoops and entourage at Carrow Rd today.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Harry Redknapp: "You definitely shouldn''t play poker with David McNally" - Simon Thoms Sky News[/quote]

That''s a blinding quote! Well in McNally lad!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]for those who think he wont be able to score in the EPL

you tell me he cant finish[/quote]

The one vs rangers at 6:50 was delightful![/quote]

check out the goal at 1.20 with camera angle behind the goal. Sublime finish!!

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Harry Redknapp: "You definitely shouldn''t play poker with David McNally" - Simon Thoms Sky News[/quote]

[/quote]Indeed it is, just a shame he never said it.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

[/quote]

Indeed it is, just a shame he never said it.
[/quote]

Not as great now. Rather misleading from young Simon.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

[/quote]Indeed it is, just a shame he never said it.[/quote]

Not as great now. Rather misleading from young Simon.

[/quote]Less misleading and more reading an article incorrectly.

David McNally tweeted a fan saying "he was busy today"while the Pinkun bloke spotted him all suited up at Carrow Road.1pm announcement I reckon!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

Isn''t this all taking a little too long?[:S]

[/quote]

No. Not when you consider that;
1) About 28 hours ago, he was all but flat-hunting in Shepard''s Bush.
2) We''re not yet at deadline day, so there is no need to rush medicals, contracts, etc.
[/quote]

Tell that to Harry Rednapp.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]No. Not when you consider that;1) About 28 hours ago, he was all but flat-hunting in Shepard''s Bush.2) We''re not yet at deadline day, so there is no need to rush medicals, contracts, etc.[/quote]

[/quote]When we became interested qpr increased their offer, he turned it down to come here.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

No. Not when you consider that;
1) About 28 hours ago, he was all but flat-hunting in Shepard''s Bush.
2) We''re not yet at deadline day, so there is no need to rush medicals, contracts, etc.
[/quote]

[/quote]

When we became interested qpr increased their offer, he turned it down to come here.
[/quote]

I know all this, but Wet Spam are after another striker so I won''t relax until this is all sorted.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]No. Not when you consider that;1) About 28 hours ago, he was all but flat-hunting in Shepard''s Bush.2) We''re not yet at deadline day, so there is no need to rush medicals, contracts, etc.[/quote]

[/quote]When we became interested qpr increased their offer, he turned it down to come here.[/quote]

I know all this, but Wet Spam are after another striker so I won''t relax until this is all sorted.

[/quote]If that unlikely scenario happens then we will get someone else.

a medical is sorted, its like buying a house "Subject to contract"...

Hooper is our player, has provisionally signed a contract of employment with us, the medical is the formaility we need to complete to make sure his leg isn''t about to fall off...

he has signed Wiz, get yourself a drop of sherry and rejoice.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]What is it like Wiz living a life always worrying about something.Must be awful.[/quote]can''t be good on the old heart.