Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooper medical NCFC

"However, let''s not get too carried away, Hughton didn''t exactly go for the juggler last season, i doubt he will this"

He''s certainly not clowning around and has got his act together. Also great to see him not getting caught up in the media circus (unlike ''Arry).

Still time for that marquee signing, though getting the squad to gel will be a real balancing act.

skijumptoes wrote - "But hey, a passionate supporter always worries, even when top of the league! :)"

We had to let little Jimmy go home today as he wet himself in Assembly. Not too worry Mr and Mrs Smith it''s quite obvious that your son is just, well, er, passionate.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]We may be disappointed as the season unfolds but I very much doubt it, these are truly wonderful and exciting times, lets kick on and improve year on year[/quote]

This ^^

We''ve made some great signings and I''m sure one or two more will follow. I feel more confident going into this season more than any in the last 5 or 6 years. Hoots and McNally have done some excellent work.

I just hope that we use these signings well and use them to maximise our performances. It may not be Hughtons plan but I would love to see RvW and Hooper playing upfront together playing off each others strengths rather than one being used as a sub.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]''Arry''s secret transfer plans revealed;

https://twitter.com/jon434/status/360454733665804289/photo/1[/quote]
A black man with ginger hair.

I am v happy with this signing he is a pure goal scorer, but I''m still baffled as to why it''s only us and qpr that have gone after him, and why are the other prem clubs on our scale not after him if he''s that good??

Yes! Get in!

So so pleased to have snared this Champions League striker. Just what we need. One more AM or ST and I will be satisfied.

I knew McNally would come in and trump QPR after so much effort to sign him in January (and initial stalemate with Quag & Toivonen!).

I''m loving being a Canary at the moment ... Who next???!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]It''s not all good news though.  Looks like one of "us" has been shipped out as a result of Hooper coming in.

[/quote]

They''re an ok lot, mostly, Chops, but I felt like a change...........just like Hooper did![Y]

I work in a pub and there''s a customer who you''d me earlier hooper is a DONE DEAL! 4 year contract. To be unveiled officially tomorrow if not definitely Monday! About time this '' saga '' is over! Always knew we would pop up and ruin qpr chances!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]You know when Lord of the Rings Return of the King finally ended?This saga feels like that emotion all over again.[/quote]Haha yes!

The first one was about 4 hours long I believe!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Wiz, how many other teams messageboards have you set yourself up on now?[/quote]

TWTD, Brighton, Wacco and Villa, but very rarely post on then, if at all now.

I really will be happy if and when this deal isl closed out and hooper is unveiled but I''m getting rather Adicted to all these signings and am finding myself accepting we are likely to get him and looking beyond this signing to the next.

What a greedy boy I am but who would have thought a few years back we would be getting spoilt like this.

A big thank you to everybody at the club past and present for all that''s been done to turn our club around.

Happy times.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Wiz, how many other teams messageboards have you set yourself up on now?[/quote]

TWTD, Brighton, Wacco and Villa, but very rarely post on then, if at all now.

[/quote]

Banned again, I suppose.

Well happy with Hooper in the squad, He can only score past the opposition that hes up against and for the last few years thats exactly what hes done, The fact that it rubs qpr/''arrys nose in it just makes it all the sweeter. OTBC cant wait for the season to get underway. No football ruins summer

So almost exactly 3 years ago our striking options were rotten.  So when it became apparent we were signing a lad from Scunthorpe, the big discussion (aside from the laughs the swear filter gave us) was could this lad make the step up.

Well a goal on your competitive debut in a CL qualifier certainly helps...he never looked back.  I know there is probably concern about the SPL blah blah.  This boy scores goals and is very good at it.  He was good when we signed him and he''s even better now.  He''s a player to look for when you need something to happen.  His last minute winners are delightful.

Gutted he is going.  However he has given us 3 good years, scored a load of goals, contributed to two good European campaigns and doubled our money...bright side and all that.

Think he will do very well for you.   Other might laugh at where you are taking him from but I predict Hoops will have them laughing on the other side of their faces pretty quickly.

You got a good one.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Stolen from WOTB, where it was stolen from Not606, Harry finds out that Hooper is going to Norwich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESJ1uxAC0E

[/quote]

Imagine having the time to write this? Absolutely brilliant. Best laugh for ages. Bit  like getting 10,000 posts on the pinkun. Actually no, this is a proper use of time.

Was that car scene tonight on SSN recent or old rehashed footage kind of hard to tell with them clowns?

[quote user="Paul_CFC"]Never want to see your better players go, but I wish Hooper all the best at Norwich. He''s going to a good team and I think he will do really well.Nearly spat my yoghurt out at the very sight of him being compared to Kris Boyd haha.  [/quote]

A Celtic fan eating yoghurt? Presumably that''s the deep-fried variety hahaha.

now that it looks like we''ve got him, the question now is ,what do we do with him?

For £5.5m, which makes him the 2nd  highest signing in our history, I can''t imagine he''s just come here to be RVW''s undersudy?, so the conundrum is how do we play them both in the same team?

if we were to go a 442 to accomodate this, then Leroy Fer is going to be absoutely crucial to allow us to do this, as he looks to be the only midfielder we have that could cover the necessary ground to make up the lack of numbers in midfield against sides whom most of which will outnumber us by playing 433/451.

the other way of course is to play 4411 with one of Hooper or RVW playing just behind the other.............not sure if either is suited to that role?