Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooper medical NCFC

I''m going to guess that we have enough budget left over for Hooper and Quagliarella meaning we''ll go with the defence we already have which is fine with me. We have 3 decent centrebacks in Bassong, Turner and Bennett as well as cover from Martin if required.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vazzza"]The thing that annoys me most about this Hooper saga is we could have had him signed up weeks ago, in time to start bedding in and getting to know his team mates in America. Instead we have gone back and forth about 100 times to save about £500K-1m. if the reports are true on the figure. Was it really worth it? Surely getting to know his team mates and starting to play with them on a US tour is worth more than the money we saved...[/quote]The amount of people on this board that no longer believe that £500K-1m is no longer a lot of money for NCFC is ridiculous, and it''s really starting to wind me up.The football club still needs to be run to a budget, the same way it has the last 2 years. Just because the numbers coming in and going out are larger, does not mean we should be just paying what people ask for players without negotiating the best deal.[/quote]Well put. Our wage structure is probably just beginning to seriously start altering, which is more reason it''s crucial to be level-headed and grounded.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vazzza"]The thing that annoys me most about this Hooper saga is we could have had him signed up weeks ago, in time to start bedding in and getting to know his team mates in America. Instead we have gone back and forth about 100 times to save about £500K-1m. if the reports are true on the figure. Was it really worth it? Surely getting to know his team mates and starting to play with them on a US tour is worth more than the money we saved...[/quote]

The amount of people on this board that no longer believe that £500K-1m is no longer a lot of money for NCFC is ridiculous, and it''s really starting to wind me up.

The football club still needs to be run to a budget, the same way it has the last 2 years. Just because the numbers coming in and going out are larger, does not mean we should be just paying what people ask for players without negotiating the best deal.

[/quote]

Well put. Our wage structure is probably just beginning to seriously start altering, which is more reason it''s crucial to be level-headed and grounded.
[/quote]

Sorry perhaps my post came off as a little "rich" but in no way is that what was meant. I take a lot of pride in supporting one of very few properly run clubs (financially) left in the country, and wouldn''t want to change that for the world. But I think some things are worth more than money, and however many weeks there are left until the start of the new season, you won''t get a better chance of ''team building'' or bonding than that tour. If we are planning on using RvW and Hooper together, then the sooner they start building a partnership the better. You can''t learn how another person plays or positions themselves overnight...

Agreed.

Put it another way. Should we give Leon a free to get the wages savings or should we get a transfer fee of £500k to £1m? Would be uproar if we turned down chance of fee. Same amount involved.

We have a finite budget and should use it carefully.

Leon might not want to take a free transfer, he''s entitled to the money we promised to pay him

Vazzza wrote ... we have gone back and forth about 100 times to save about £500K-1m. Was it really worth it? 

How times change! 4 years ago 400k has been paid for an entire Grant Holt (probably one of the club''s best investment ever!), now 500k-1m is the bargaining margin of a new target.

rather than start another Hooper thread thought i''d post this on here. very bitter QPR fan on ESPN.http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/1096?cc=5739#[:)]

[quote user="bigmac"]rather than start another Hooper thread thought i''d post this on here. very bitter QPR fan on ESPN.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/1096?cc=5739#
[:)]
[/quote]

Did you also pick up that he seemed a tad miffed? One could almost detect a certain amount of "peevishness" in his blog. There appeared to be a longing for the days when QPR were a "big" club in the PL - flashing the cheque book and splashing the cash - something which doesn''t seem to have the same allure in the Championship.

Never mind, he can console himself with reflecting on the glory days of their former stalwart England forwards - Shaun, Bobby and Andy! Seems kinda sad after their huffing & puffing and expostulations of the last 2 seasons, that their new no 1 target is Charlie (no disrespect to the lad, but he''s hardly a "Wolfie")

[quote user="bigmac"]rather than start another Hooper thread thought i''d post this on here. very bitter QPR fan on ESPN.http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/1096?cc=5739#[:)][/quote]Woops I may have been a bad boy and started a new thread.

If this were to go through, how quickly could he sign? I guess my question is who does he need to see to complete a move? Obviously medical can progress independantly, but who else needs to do their bit? With the team away in the USA, would any move be delayed til they got back, or could the move go through earlier?  Is McNally etc in the states or will all the important people still be at the club and able to do all the transferry bits. I have no idea who needs to be involved or where those people will be - can anyone enlighten me?

Oh I love it... Not looking like little old Norwich now, haha we just blew them away! I''m in awe of how our club is being run and I''m really backing Hooper to do well and give RVW and Becchio some serious competition, I''d fancy him to get at least 10 this season if we create the chances.

Oh isn''t it nice to finally be the club that does this sort of thi g

Yes funny after QPR buying everyone in sight last year, if we can sneak in and take him under their noses. Very satisfying. If we do

Anyone else remember that QPR fan who came on here this time last year gloating about their signings?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Stolen from WOTB, where it was stolen from Not606, Harry finds out that Hooper is going to Norwich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESJ1uxAC0E

[/quote]Scary how fast that was created[/quote]

I know it''s been done a million times, but it still made me laugh!

[/quote]Me too! Proper lolled at that - shared to Facebook!

I''ve always been pretty negative about the hype that surrounds us; had a big feeling we were going to bin it when we lost at WBA last season even despite all the european talk.

But I seriously this could be one of the seasons that NCFC fans will talk about for years to come if things keep following the current trajectory

Sky Sports break news ''arry Style!  [IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img199/2408/fka6.jpg[/IMG]

Been reading the posts on the celtic forums and his stats are impressive, they are saying he is scoring 1 goal every 2.7 shots. Thats awsome.

I am super excited with Hooper, maybe because it''s been ongoing, but i have the same feelings as when Dean Ashton joined us - And what a player he could''ve been, best striker in years!

However, let''s not get too carried away, Hughton didn''t exactly go for the juggler last season, i doubt he will this - No matter who else we get in i can still see many games with RvW getting frustrated up top on his own.

I''m not bashing CH as i total understand the concepts of what he''s trying to instil here... I still just wonder if we have the players to fully carry out the task, the 2 US games have me feeling slightly nervous.

But hey, a passionate supporter always worries, even when top of the league! :)