Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooper medical NCFC

Don''t get the excitement surrounding this signing, he is so overrated!

Scores goals in the SPL, who couldn''t!

Remember Kris Boyd? He done well in England didn''t he...

Get a song going for him to tune of Abba Super Trouper.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/abba/supertrouper.html

First four lines about "I wont feel blue" quite apt for our friends down the road.

I get as much pleasure gazumping Herry at QPR now as we did winding Colin up three years ago when Grant Holt got their player sent off on the halfway line when through on goal. Especially due to the fact that his "out of the car window" type quotes appeared to make everyone think the deal was sealed.

Well it''s all over Sky Spors News as their main headline now, so I would hope it''s a done deal. Wasn''t too keen on this move myself but now he is apparently ours I''ll back him all the way. Let''s hope he lives up to the hype. A plus point is that he obviously wants to play of us in the PL and is not in it for the money as I doubt we could match QPR''s wages.

I think he is worth it, we need another striker and this guy has shown he can do it at Champions League Level, next logical step to see if he can maintain that kind of level for a whole season. 

A very good prospect and investment when you consider Rhodes went for £8m and Jay Rodriques for £7m. This saga has a touch of the Snodgrass soap opera very very pleased if it comes off

Great buy for 5 million.

Austin and jay Rodriguez cost 8/9 for scoring in the championship, 5 for hooper seems a shrewd deal.

24 is a good age, and I''m of the opinion if you can score goals you can score goals in any league!

Besides if he does fail, you''ll probobly get your money back sending him down to the championship anyway with his record!

Hopefully, finally, welcome to Norwich.

Hope this doesn''t put off any good forwards we are in for.I have no idea why we are pulling out all the stops to stop a championship team signing a championship striker when we already don''t use Beccio (similar level of player IMO).Well- ok, if this deal is done I hope I''m wrong about him.

"I get the feeling that he really wanted to come back down south to the London

area," Redknapp said about the striker, who grew up in Harlow, Essex. "He seems

very much a family man - that was a factor."

Rs will be getting all arsy now.

Sounds like a good piece of business, no reason why he shouldn''t do well here. Any additional signings now will be the icing on the cake

[quote user="Stig"]Anyone a user on a qpr forum? I sure would like to see their reaction right now![/quote]

Yes Stig I am, and they''re a nice group of lads on there, so they''re a bit raw on this news atm just as we would be I reckon so no gloating from me.

So annoyed i didn''t slap the tenner on this when it was worth a £75 win! I mentioned it on one of the many Hooper threads when QPR looked like getting him. I always thought we''d come back but must admit, I woke up this morning fully expecting Hooper to have given in to QPR and lost patience with us.

Although not hugely excited about Hooper I do think he''ll be good for us. Absolutely loved watching the story break this morning after Harry chucked his custard early. Oh sit down, oh sit down!

[quote user="Stig"]Anyone a user on a qpr forum? I sure would like to see their reaction right now![/quote]

To be honest, from a QPR point of view, a lot of us knew once a Premier side knew how much to bid he would end up there. I don''t know why Harry wasted his time going for him knowing you and I think West Ham were after him.

It was only a matter of time (lots of wasted time) before somebody else agreed a fee with Celtic, so it comes as no surprise really.

Not fussed about Hooper, however I do like the way we do business now.

Harry going a bit early on the tv then we swipe Hooper from under his nose.

1/7 to sign for City now, I guess based on that tweet, should you think that tweet is BS, QPR are a massive price at 5/1 considering Redknapp''s comments this morning.

[quote user="SYG"]Don''t get the excitement surrounding this signing, he is so overrated!

Remember Kris Boyd? He done well in England didn''t he...[/quote]

Don''t understand your logic, SYG - he''s not Kris Boyd. Completely different player is he not?. It strikes me you''ve already made your mind up as fact because Kris Boyd wasn''t up to scratch... Crazy.

[quote user="SYG"]Don''t get the excitement surrounding this signing, he is so overrated!

Remember Kris Boyd? He done well in England didn''t he...[/quote]

To say he is like Boyd is very naive SYG. He is a much better player than Boyd.

Did you watch any of his games in the Champs league? He was pretty awesome in the games against Spartak Moscow and Barcelona (away)

I for one am very excited about this if it all goes through

If we are getting Hooper then we need to make a very good decision on the other striker we buy. Becchio is the fourth option, the target-man back up for when you need such a player, and I gather Hooper and RVW are not dissimilar as players. As Bethnal has said, Hooper looks like back-up for RVW. So the other striker needs to offer something different and be a potential starter. Hence, possibly, us not giving up on Quagliarella.

Is there any suggestion that we have upped our bid to match their valuation? There is the scenario that Hooper has said "I''m not going to QPR, I want premier league football", leaving Celtic to reluctantly accept the bid we made 2 weeks ago, us being the highest premiership bidder.

Would suggest that their valuation has reduced a little rather than us upping the bid. Quite possible that I am wrong though.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?166334-Worrying-news-regarding-Hooper

Give this a read."It really does make you wonder why Redknapp can''t just keep his mouth

shut. His media profile is more important to him than closing out deals.

Sky Sports journalist is now saying he is due to have a medical at Norwich today.

"

I hope this doesn''t mean the death knell of the Quag bid, but Hooper is certainly an upgrade on the guys he''s replacing. Not 100% sure he''ll manage the step up seamlessly, as there''s a big difference to PL vs the likes of Dundee, but if CH thinks he will that is good enough for me!

Now if we do get Quag as well (for me, in a Wes role), I will be pleased as punch.

Interesting one this, surely Ol'' Harry is just putting a spanner in the works by trying to claim Hooper is theres, nothing wrong with Norwich latching in a last minute bid to try and sway his mind.

Hooper better be up to scratch after how long this has gone on!

"Harry Redknapp and his relentless drive for self-publicity.....I hope

Fernandes tells him to pack his bags, whether we get Hooper or not.

The man is an unprofessional clown, doesn''t want to be here and is not a

long term option to manage a club that needs to clear it''s books of

many footballers, we need to build a new culture, and we need a Manager

to represent the club in a proper manner.
These two years are an opportunity, Harry Redknapp is a problem! So much so that he''s clearly not involved in negotiations for players, are we trying to force a resignation...just get rid".Hahaha.Have they only just realised this?