Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Hooper medical NCFC

@GraemeBailey: Norwich have now agreed terms for Celtic''s Gary Hooper and we understand he will have medical there later today. QPR set to miss out.

Looks like we may have gazumped QPR...

Not having a go but couldn''t you have added this to one of the other countless Hooper threads? as for Hooper I couldn''t care less if we miss out, just want the talk over with. If we do however get him which I doubt we will, he will be a gamble because for me he is over rated.

who is graham bailey? All radio reports seem to suggest QPR deal almost done and dusted so we need to hurry up if we are interested which I think we should be

Old w*ank chops redknapp thinks it''s nearly a done deal on the BBC website

"Manager Harry Redknapp thinks Gary Hooper can score the goals to ensure a quick return to the Premier League for Queens Park Rangers.

Celtic have accepted a bid in the region of £5m from the Championship club for the 25-year-old.

"It looks like it''s on its way to being done," Redknapp told BBC Radio Scotland. "Negotiations have gone well."

Graeme Bailey is a Sky Sports journo.

YellowBlood - no idea about anyone else but I have stopped reading the other Hooper threads as thought he was off to QPR. I created a new one for people like me who would miss this news if it was in the backlog of the others! Sorry....

[quote user="Paul"]Old w*ank chops redknapp thinks it''s nearly a done deal on the BBC website

"Manager Harry Redknapp thinks Gary Hooper can score the goals to ensure a quick return to the Premier League for Queens Park Rangers.

Celtic have accepted a bid in the region of £5m from the Championship club for the 25-year-old.

"It looks like it''s on its way to being done," Redknapp told BBC Radio Scotland. "Negotiations have gone well."[/quote]Yeah, there was actually a sound byte of Redknapp saying this on 5Live news this morning. Which is the first time I now wanted to get Hooper. Just to stick it into Redknapp, going and tarting himself in front of the media before the deal is even done.Today might be interesting.....

QPR manager Harry Redknapp does not expect to encounter any late hitches

after agreeing a deal to sign striker Gary Hooper from Scottish

champions Celtic.Same story posted on Sky Sports @ 9:03 this morning.Would be delighted if the Bailey stuff was true just for the pleasure of winding ''Arry up! [:D]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Graeme Bailey is a Sky Sports journo.

YellowBlood - no idea about anyone else but I have stopped reading the other Hooper threads as thought he was off to QPR. I created a new one for people like me who would miss this news if it was in the backlog of the others! Sorry....[/quote]
Sorry I didn''t mean to sound harsh if that is how it came across, just getting tired of seeing one Hooper thread after another pop up.
I do not rate Hooper personally that high but to get one over QPR and Harry would be funny, and I guess as long as it is not more than 5mil its OK since that is the new 2mil. Still don''t think that he is worth more than 4mil IMO.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp is not expecting any late hiccups in the deal for Celtic striker Gary Hooper. However, we''re hearing that Norwich may also be making a late play for Hooper''s services. Here''s what Redknapp told reporters:
It looks like it''s on its way to being done. Negotiations have gone well.
by Jon Holmes 9:01 AM

Could well be true :http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-hooper-to-norwich-stephen-mcmanus-1-3001299

And no mention anywhere else, To be honest I couldn''t give a flying fig where he goes, QPR can have him, £5mil, that''s £3mil to much, I have always been a great lover of home grown players, but make an exception in this case, with the players we are linked with in Holland and Sweden  I think we should forget Hooper 

Surprising yet strangely it''s all what we predicted. The bookies now see us as 1/4 overwhelming favourites.

If it does go through, then well done Gary Hooper for showing such great resolve to reject QPR, not shove his toys out of the pram at Celtic and to wait for us to show our hand and keep faith we would. It all could have ended up pretty messy for him if we didn''t follow up our interest.

Gotta say i''d be a relieved man to see us get a much needed striker through the door.

Hopefully doesn''t mean the Quag deal is off, as i think there''s room for both.

Weyyyyy, another Hooper thread. Cheers!

I hope this deal is done in one way or another purely because I''m bored of wading through all the threads on here looking for something more interesting.

Another good thing if this does happened, is that he''s clearly a well researched and sought after target. Not some panic buy who Hughton will have to think how he''d fit in. A lot of that will have been established already.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]YellowBlood wrote - "Still don''t think that he is worth more than 4mil IMO."

Old £4m or new £4m?[/quote]
HAHA, I like it. Wink [;)]

Sky reporting we''ve agreed fee and medical today!!! We did it! Yessss!!!!!

Breaking news and ticker tape on SSN, terms agreed, 4 year deal, medical later. Needless to say the presenters are devastated for their darling ''Arry boy.

Anyone a user on a qpr forum? I sure would like to see their reaction right now!