Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Fozzy is back

I see Mark Fotheringham our ex legend has signed for Notts County today. I actually didnt think he was as bad as some make out, that said, its another example of just how far the club has come in such a few years!

Captain one-season.Never did get that big break   -  I wonder why.........?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I see Mark Fotheringham our ex legend has signed for Notts County today. I actually didnt think he was as bad as some make out, that said, its another example of just how far the club has come in such a few years![/quote]

Not as bad as some make out? He was sh1te. One of the worst players I''ve ever seen in my 40 years of following Norwich. Made captain too, but by an absolute cretin

Fotheringham hasn''t managed to become a frequent first team player for Dundee United, Livingstone, Dundee, or Ross County, since leaving Norwich.
Yet we made him our captain and played him every week. Really underlines just how awful or team was and just how hideously clueless both Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder really were.
He has made a living out of one trick which he managed as a teenager in a Scottish reserve game, probably about the standard of the 11th tier of English football. 
Plus, he''s a tosspot. 

Roeder made him captain because he was a "yes man".

Utter crap player in one of the wort midfields I have ever seen, Fotheringham, Robinson, Hughes, Croft and Fattison.

To be to Fozzy he wasnt as bad as Robinson, Who still remains the worst player I have ever seen in a Norwich shirt...if not the worst professional I have ever seen anywhere!

Hughes at least had some heart, just wasnt good enough.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"] To be to Fozzy he wasnt as bad as Robinson, Who still remains the worst player I have ever seen in a Norwich shirt...if not the worst professional I have ever seen anywhere! Hughes at least had some heart, just wasnt good enough.[/quote]

He was much worse than Robinson.

Robinson was a decent player, in comparison.

If you can''t tell the difference from watching them play on the same pitch then just have a look at their careers. Robinson has played a lot more football at a much higher level and for much bigger clubs.

we were the only club to ever pay a fee for Robinson in his entire career....

Who can we hold responsible under the trade descriptions act?

How many clubs have paid transfer fees for Fotheringham?

And how much does it add up to?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fotheringham/transfers/spieler_9493.html

264,000 pounds.

Less than we supposedly paid for Robinson at the time....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fotheringham/transfers/spieler_9493.html

264,000 pounds.

Less than we supposedly paid for Robinson at the time....[/quote]

that should be more than we paid for Robinson.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fotheringham/transfers/spieler_9493.html

264,000 pounds.

Less than we supposedly paid for Robinson at the time....[/quote]

that should be more than we paid for Robinson.

Fotheringham, Robinson, Hughes, Croft and Fattison

Wow that makes me a bit queazy looking at that midfield, in the same way as when you think back to some munter you once pulled! Fat, slow, lazy and mainly bad attitudes. Croft was made to look like Ronaldo in that bunch and was the only one to come out with any credit along with ''he tries hard'' Hughes!

I wonder if that midfield would even be league 1 standard now?

I can remember Pattison getting done for drink driving, playing in the next game and getting a standing ovation when his name was announced and when he was subbed later on.

what a hero! Pillar of community! I said at the time on here he should have been sacked, I got slated for it, people quoting employment laws, how he deserved a 2nd chance etc... Some even tried to blame dunston hall for not "Taking his keys off him"!

I wonder what everyone''s take is now.

Fotheringham will be teaming up with another Norwich old boy David Bell .................Exciting times ahead for all Notts County fans I think !!!

Well I''m with Mrs Miggins, Camelfish, jas et al..Have a soft spot for Notts County and I hope for their sake he''s changed his spots -but it doesn''t appear so: "I can also play with the ball and I have got quality and I want to bring that to the team."

In fairness to Roeder, I don''t believe he did actually rate Fotheringham - he just wanted to make a point in his nasty vindictive way. In over 40 yrs I cannot think of a least appropriate captain of NCFC. As others have said, good to remind ourselves just how far we have come in 3 seasons.