Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

£45

Yesterday i got my ticket for Norwich v Everton. but the price is bit to much anyone else agree? £45 is a lot when your 18 year old. Only work on a Sunday and Monday get about £100. Why cant Norwich make the price lower for under 21?

I thinks several years ago they did have an under 21 category which was a lot cheaper. The sad downside of our success over recent years is that there is significant over demand for league tickets. Most including myself are fortunate to have season tickets which means there are a lot of other people scrapping it out for a few tickets. They can sell them several times over so prefer adult prices as opposed to concessions. This is where cup runs come in they give non season ticket holders a chance to see their team without paying a fortune

[quote user="DannyNCFC7"]Yesterday i got my ticket for Norwich v Everton. but the price is bit to much anyone else agree? £45 is a lot when your 18 year old. Only work on a Sunday and Monday get about £100. Why cant Norwich make the price lower for under 21?[/quote]

".... when you are 18 years old " - sorry, can''t help it, one of my pet hates.

lol try it when you''ve got kids and you have to pay for 4 or 5 people to go!

Enjoy it while you can mate! :)

I agree it''s expensive, but.. ah.. what can be done?! You either pay, or someone will happily take your place.

A bit OT but I was ''amused'' to be sent a letter from the Club asking "as a previous Member" if I would like to rejoin the Gunn Club at a price of £205 for the season "less than £11 per match" - just to get in the door!  Given that myself and two friends had decided that £125 last season was too much (especially as you get ripped off for drinks - no Member benefits there I can assure you), you can imagine that the time between receipt of the letter and it''s recycling was minimal.  As a contrast, I see that the Holiday Inn offers a carvery plus a drink (with a reserved table) for less than £9. A couple of years ago the Gunn Club had a waiting list but methinks that is not the case now.

It is a lot of money, I suppose it depends what else you do - it''s about 5 packets of fags, 15 pints, a pint of petrol (well, maybe a bit more), ultimately I suppose you have to decide whether it represents value to you for what it costs.

If it does, great, if you think you''d be better off spending your money elsewhere, then it''s MOTD and Football First. It''s horrible to see people priced out of football but wherever the club draw a line, be it 16, 18, 21, ....someone will always dip out.

It shouldn''t be up to the club to worry about pricing people out of football. The FA could set up community schemes and lotteries and then pass a law making it compulsury for 10% of seats to be made available to kids/ poor people etc.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

It is a lot of money, I suppose it depends what else you do - it''s about 5 packets of fags, 15 pints, a pint of petrol (well, maybe a bit more), ultimately I suppose you have to decide whether it represents value to you for what it costs.

If it does, great, if you think you''d be better off spending your money elsewhere, then it''s MOTD and Football First. It''s horrible to see people priced out of football but wherever the club draw a line, be it 16, 18, 21, ....someone will always dip out.

[/quote]

I haven''t done research on this for a year or two, and don''t have the time now, but the last time I looked most clubs had an under-16 concession - as we do - but also a pre-adult concession, normally for under-21s, on the basis that many people in that 16-20 age range are not earning money. I just quickly checked Fulham, as an example, and they do.Of course we had such a concession bu the new regime scrapped it, with the mantra that every penny had to go to the footballing side. While at the same time Bowkett said their ticketing policy had to be aimed at attracting in the next generation of fans!And that is the problem. In the short- to medium-term the club can justify forcing our 16-year-olds to pay adult prices, becasue of the demand for tickets. But in the longer run some potential fans will be put off and not turn up when we need them. And that is without factoring in the fall-off in away attendances at Carrow Road in the here and now.

I logged in Monday planning to get 2 tickets but when I saw they were £45 I thought forget it.

I''m sure they''ll sell the tickets, just not to me. In previous years when tickets were early £30s I went a lot, but now it''s likely to be cheaper cup games only.

I could afford it, but choose not to, especially as I watched practically every match last season home and away on line for free. Paying £100 just to be there seems too much.

That''s where a little terrace would come in handy. Increase capacity without affecting ticket prices allow youngsters to get in.

Ah those were the days £2.40 a game I seem to remember.

Sadly they are gone and I cannot see anybody recommending 20 Million investments to get a few thousand extra seats to sell cheaply.

Shame nobody can come up with a cost effective way of adding 2-3000 extra seats to Carrow Road. I guess we are where we are to some degree because of kids for a quid way back when.

Well my father unfortunately has to go on a 3 week holiday to Brazil (lucky bstrd!) So i''ll get to go for free :) I''ll even get a free programme as my mate is reporting the game for PA!

Best advice get on the season ticket waiting list (either individually or share it with some friends) I know several people that do this and have a ballot to draw matches each season. 

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Because we have to stay competitive with all the other teams I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It shouldn''t be up to the club to worry about pricing people out of football. The FA could set up community schemes and lotteries and then pass a law making it compulsury for 10% of seats to be made available to kids/ poor people etc.[/quote]

Nice idea but it just wouldn''t work in practice. All clubs would do is redistribute the money lost to the 10% of cheap seats to the ticket prices of the other 90%. On top of this how do you define a poor person?

High ticket prices are a byproduct of success plus we are the biggest club in the geographical area.

I would like to see NCFC TV where every game both home and away streamable to your TV for say £5 a game. I don''t this would have a detrimental effect on FCR attendance and all would enable more people to see the games. The games could be shown say 15 mins behind and half of all money would go straight to the club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Because we have to stay competitive with all the other teams I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.[/quote]

Agreed. And if we are only talking about providing a pre-adult concession (which we do for season tickets) then the cost to the club would be far less than £950,000. Say that one-fifth of our casual ticket sales go to 16-20-year-olds. Probably less than that, but never mind. A £10 reduction would cost the club only £190,000 per season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Because we have to stay competitive with all the other teams I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.[/quote]You want to cut gross revenue by around 2%? That''s insignificant is it? How insignificant would it be if I added 2% to your tax bill? Sure, you''d probably still manage, but you''d take a hit.I know it doesn''t seem like it with the big figures being touted around, but 950,000 is still more than a significant piece of revenue for an operation like NCFC, or any operation for that matter.

The lost almost £1m could be the tipping point on whether we sign Hooper. We''re not surviving in this league with only 2 attackers esp.if one is Beccio.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.[/quote]

Agreed. And if we are only talking about providing a pre-adult concession (which we do for season tickets) then the cost to the club would be far less than £950,000. Say that one-fifth of our casual ticket sales go to 16-20-year-olds. Probably less than that, but never mind. A £10 reduction would cost the club only £190,000 per season.

[/quote]

You are I are in agreement on this one Purple. I also don''t have a problem with it being £45 for the likes of Man United, Chelsea etc. Its the sheer number of the high grade games they have (with no such concessions) where the club is taking the mickey and for the sake of a couple of hundred thousand pounds risks alienating future fans. We are no longer in a position financially where the club is absolutely desperate for the income so its disappointing.

I think various fan groups have talked about boycotting matches in protest at ticket prices without much success.

You could always adopt a non-league club, and, watch time when you can''t go to Carrow Road.

I''m sure they''d be glad of the money and extra support.

Last time I looked there were three tickets left for the Everton game and tickets have only been available to priority members so from an immediate business point of view they have judged the market right or it could be argued under priced tickets.
However I do take your point Purple we also need to look to the medium and long term. We do have a number of restricted or impaired view seats which naturally are the last to go. Would it be an idea to make these available to U21s at a concessionary rate. Would no doubt blow a gasket in the ticketing software - but where there is a will there is a way!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Because we have to stay competitive with all the other teams I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.[/quote]You want to cut gross revenue by around 2%? That''s insignificant is it? How insignificant would it be if I added 2% to your tax bill? Sure, you''d probably still manage, but you''d take a hit.I know it doesn''t seem like it with the big figures being touted around, but 950,000 is still more than a significant piece of revenue for an operation like NCFC, or any operation for that matter.[/quote]

No I don;t want to cur gross revenue by 2%. I don''t think we should cut prices by £10 for everyone for every game but i was merely making the point that even if we did do that then it would hardly put us in financial jeopardy or indeed make any significant difference to our ability to compete with other premiership clubs. I would also say that premiership football clubs are very different to most other operations and yes actually in the context of a premiership football club a 2% fall in gross revenues is not actually that significant. In practical terms its probably the difference between having Andrew Surman in our squad this season or having to sell him. I would venture to suggest that whichever of those scenarios applies is unlikely to have too big an impact on our fortunes.

I think that for the sake of sustaining the fan base long term, casual ticket prices for games against the likes of Everton, Stoke, Villa, Fulham etc should not be as high as they are and their should be concessions for students/U21s. We could do this with only a small loss in gross income for the greater good of the club long term.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

You are I are in agreement on this one Purple. I also don''t have a problem with it being £45 for the likes of Man United, Chelsea etc. Its the sheer number of the high grade games they have (with no such concessions) where the club is taking the mickey and for the sake of a couple of hundred thousand pounds risks alienating future fans. We are no longer in a position financially where the club is absolutely desperate for the income so its disappointing.[/quote]Well, I suggest you get used to it. I don''t think it''s going to change soon, based on the fact that when I checked the ticketing website about 30 mins ago, there was only 3 spare seats in Carrow Road to the Everton game. Both were singles, restricted view and £45.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Last time I looked there were three tickets left for the Everton game and tickets have only been available to priority members so from an immediate business point of view they have judged the market right or it could be argued under priced tickets.
However I do take your point Purple we also need to look to the medium and long term. We do have a number of restricted or impaired view seats which naturally are the last to go. Would it be an idea to make these available to U21s at a concessionary rate. Would no doubt blow a gasket in the ticketing software - but where there is a will there is a way!

[/quote]

Sussex, of course there is a short-term loss, although if it is only £190,000 a season I can''t believe we couldn''t live with that. But this is a board of directors that, I am quite convinced, still wants to expand capacity on the basis that there are several thousand (7,000-8,000?) extra NCFC fans out there. I have always doubted that assumption (I think not so many) but you don''t attract in extra fans, let alone the next generation, by pricing them out of attending matches.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Because we have to stay competitive with all the other teams I''m afraid.[/quote]

Sorry don;t buy this. With the tv deals the casual ticket income is becoming less and less of a percentage of our overall income each season and with the number of casual tickets on sale for each game being only around 5,000 if they cut the ticket prices by £10 for every game it would only cost the club something in the region of £950,000. Whether we charge £45 or £35 for Everton at home therefore makes little difference as to whether we are "competitive" at this level and I think charging these sorts of prices for so many of our games (thus pricing out certain fans/groups of fans from attending regularly) is a little short sighted.[/quote]You want to cut gross revenue by around 2%? That''s insignificant is it? How insignificant would it be if I added 2% to your tax bill? Sure, you''d probably still manage, but you''d take a hit.I know it doesn''t seem like it with the big figures being touted around, but 950,000 is still more than a significant piece of revenue for an operation like NCFC, or any operation for that matter.[/quote]

No I don;t want to cur gross revenue by 2%. I don''t think we should cut prices by £10 for everyone for every game but i was merely making the point that even if we did do that then it would hardly put us in financial jeopardy or indeed make any significant difference to our ability to compete with other premiership clubs. I would also say that premiership football clubs are very different to most other operations and yes actually in the context of a premiership football club a 2% fall in gross revenues is not actually that significant. In practical terms its probably the difference between having Andrew Surman in our squad this season or having to sell him. I would venture to suggest that whichever of those scenarios applies is unlikely to have too big an impact on our fortunes.

I think that for the sake of sustaining the fan base long term, casual ticket prices for games against the likes of Everton, Stoke, Villa, Fulham etc should not be as high as they are and their should be concessions for students/U21s. We could do this with only a small loss in gross income for the greater good of the club long term.[/quote]I''m not going to argue anymore on the flaws of the highlighted statement above. All I would say is that any CEO company that made a decision to do this would have to find that revenue from somewhere else, or answer to the board the reasons for doing so - irrespective of how big the actual numbers are, or what kind of business you''re in.We''ll have to agree to disagree. However I''m willing to bet that the administrators of NCFC think more like I do then you do.

GOMT

I am used to it. It doesn''t even effect me as I have a ST but that doesn''t mean I have to like it or can;t voice the opinion that its perhaps not the best thing for my club long term. The fact that these games are selling out is irrelevant. For the time being at least, whilst we are in the premiership and have a relatively small ground we will always sell out more often than not - that''s why they have been able to implement the price rises they have implemented.

The point is more about who is buying these tickets and whether they would still be likely to buy tickets if we got relegated and were playing Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night. Our current strong fan base is not just due to being in the premiership, A large proportion of our fans are the generation who were able to attend Carrow Road regularly as teenagers, students and in their early 20''s due to the good value tickets introduced under Andy Cullum. Those who benefitted from those prices are now adults paying full prices and who will continue to do so because they have been going for years. I worry that for the current 14-21 year olds in Norfolk (and indeed many older adults whose income is at the lower end of the spectrum) tickets are becoming increasingly unaffordable and thus the "habit" of going to games is being eroded.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Last time I looked there were three tickets left for the Everton game and tickets have only been available to priority members so from an immediate business point of view they have judged the market right or it could be argued under priced tickets.

[/quote]

Sussex, of course there is a short-term loss, although if it is only £190,000 a season I can''t believe we couldn''t live with that. But this is a board of directors that, I am quite convinced, still wants to expand capacity on the basis that there are several thousand (7,000-8,000?) extra NCFC fans out there. I have always doubted that assumption (I think not so many) but you don''t attract in extra fans, let alone the next generation, by pricing them out of attending matches.

[/quote]But you also don''t attract extra fans by not being able to compete either. The best way to do this - for now under the current capacity of Carrow Road - is by maximising the revenue you can achieve with the resources you have. That way, you''ll have more money to spend on on-field resources to be successful on the pitch.If there was spare seats every week at Carrow Road, I think you''d see a different attitude to ticket pricing. There isn''t, so it is the objective to generate as much match day revenue as possible from the resources available to enable us to be successful.