Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Out*******rageous

Greeno left out of England''s starting line up again

If Eriksson is giving debuts to people like Richardson(fewer than 50 career starts, even though he did do well) and Knight he should give greeno a game!!

Nope, can''t agree with you on this one Jon - the whole point of this tour to the US is to try out new options and players, which Eriksson is doing everywhere else in the team.

I fail to see what he can learn by starting with David James in both friendlies - everyone is well aware what James has to offer, but no-one knows yet if Green or Carson are good enough for the international stage.  It would have made more sense to me to have Carson in goal for one, and Green for the other, with James on the bench for both.

But at the same time the main idea of this tour is to give younger players the chance to make an impact. James is on his way out, we all know that. Therefore this is the perfect opportunity to give Greeno is first cap.

[quote]Greeno left out of England''s starting line up again If Eriksson is giving debuts to people like Richardson(fewer than 50 career starts, even though he did do well) and Knight he should give greeno a ...[/quote]

Totally agree (I had to check the BBC site when I saw your post).

How frustrating must it be for Greeno to watch calamity James from the bench. Let''s hope he gets on at some point.

[quote]Greeno left out of England''s starting line up again If Eriksson is giving debuts to people like Richardson(fewer than 50 career starts, even though he did do well) and Knight he should give greeno a ...[/quote]

I totally agree Archie... I saw that this morning on Sky Sports News and nearly choked on my brekkie! I at least thought that on Saturday James would get subbed at some point, but no, he plays the entire frigging game AND gets to start the next one as well...

I''ve always thought Eriksson has been a pretty decent manager, we''ve got the results, but if Greeno, or even Carson, don''t get to play tonight then I will once and for all join the "Sven-out" Brigade... He seems to be making squad selections based on media-hype, and not on actual talent...

Another thing that annoyed me about the weekend was the England camp''s constant referral to Crouchy as a target man.  Yes, he is tall and good in the air but, as we saw last season, he''s also very good with his feet and can run with the ball as well... much like Ashton really... just because you''re tall, doesn''t mean the only option is to punt balls onto the head! And if Sven had really been watching Crouchy this season, he''d have spotted that he has talents at both ends of the body (head and feet, natch!).

He''d also have spotted that at least 10 of Johnson''s goals this season came from penalties, most of which were won by his submarine antics...

Though it does mean that he didn''t spot Ashton and put him in the shop window! So every cloud....................

Yes i''m delighted that ashton didn''t make the squad he would have got ichy feet wanting to get in that world cup squad. As for green not getting a game it''s crazy not to try one of your reserve keepers in what is a meaningless friendly .

It will either make him consider staying because he realises he probably wont be in the England team for a few years. Or he will want to leave so he has a better short term chance

It just goes to show how much of a poor coach Sven really is. He''s brought essentially, an England ''A'' team to the US, where the England v Columbia game is a warm-up match before a game between the New Jersey Metrostars or whatever they are called, and some other two-bob yank team, and he still persists with an ageing keeper who is incredibly blunder-prone.

Any other position and that player would be replaced, but not Calamity, as Sven doesn''t take risks. How are up-coming talents supposed to get a feel of the big stage if they never get an opportunity to play on it, courtesy of a manager with some form of love-in going on with butter-fingers.

As thought the game actaully means anything.

Green should have started against the US, and Carson should have started against Columbia. It''s called bleeding players in, not KEEPING BLEEDIN'' players in.

[quote]SO YOUR SAYING STARTING cALAMITY jAMES IS STARTING YOUR BEST TEAM?![/quote]

No Craig what I was saying Managers pick players out of loyalty saying they work hard all week.

But come match day they do not look at the imprecations of that player within the game.