Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Two fingers from our new players

Oh dear. Someone needs to tell our new Dutch players that the two-fingered salute is not the done thing in this country.http://instagram.com/p/b6qaJdRW0d/

How many more times, in places outside of Norfolk (yes there is a place outside of Norfolk) this is an international symbol for peace. I honestly don''t know how people don''t know this.

The only yokels are the ones getting all upset by my OP. I just thought the video was funny. However, I travel a lot in the far east (that means Asia, not Great Yarmouth) and always welcome it when people point out the dos and don''ts of the local culture. Newcomers to the UK are I''m sure keen to learn the dos and don''ts of our culture and sticking two fingers up is definitely a don''t. Relax and help the guys out instead of getting all PC about it.

[quote user="LondonCanary"]Standard backward Norfolk folk comment.

This is the reason why people take the pi55 out of Norwich fans!!!!!!![/quote]LOL. You probably think you''re "culturally aware" because you went on holiday to Faliraki. Put it this way, in many countries taking food with your left hand is a "don''t". Would you rather someone told you about it or would you rather they showed "cultural sensitivity" and let you go on making an arse of yourself?

All hail Kangaroo, for he has travelled beyond Scole.

Go to any club, gathering of people under 40, or any school playground and that symbol is repeated across the board. People are well aware of its past meaning but also influenced by "cultures" brought in to the UK by mass media. Who''s the "unaware" one now?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Who''s the "unaware" one now?[/quote]You? I wasn''t suggesting they should be birched, merely that they should be informed, so get your self-righteous PC BS out of my face.

Hilarious. I''m not being PC, I just don''t care. I''d say you''re a rather fragile person if someone sticking their fingers up at you bothers you in the modern day. Cultures change, you realise that, right?

Maybe you and your "crazy ass boyz" think its "phat" but what if The Wolf does it to some little old lady in the City Stand? I think they should be made aware of the potential for offence.

Prolly bit harsh, but an example needs to be set. Chop two fingers off one of the culprits, the others will learn. Norfolk Sharia style!

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Maybe you and your "crazy ass boyz" think its "phat" but what if The Wolf does it to some little old lady in the City Stand? I think they should be made aware of the potential for offence.[/quote]I really have been brought up in a completely different generation haven''t I.Oh Boy.

KC posts what he considers a valid point perhaps and continues to post replies is he trying to build up his post count, Wiz was adept at this trick.  KC if you post rubbish just sit back and watch the inane replies roll in don''t get involved you only seem more stupid.  

Terminate his contract and hang him from Norwich Castle upon re-entry to England. This should not be tolerated !!!!!!!!

Well done for actively promoting the unfashionable image that this club has... As I''ve said in a previous thread, just step aside as a fan. There are tens of thousands of younger fans desperate to take your place at FCR.

This thread, is a fucking joke.

Churchill was happy to use the backward two fingered salute as his V for victory sign, until it was pointed out to him that in some quarters people would take offence, thereafter he used the forward facing version.   

You can castigate KC all you like for his post, but he has a relevant point.  The backward fingered salute means different things to different people around the world, but as far as I am aware this is still the United Kingdom and in the UK the backward fingered salute is still not acceptable to many people.  People getting their shackles up about this thread need to realise that and  perhaps, just perhaps, the Dutch players will realise that the backward fingered salute is not one that is advisable to use.   Narrow minded or simply common sense?Incidentally, OTBFC, what has that got to do with NCFC being seen as  "unfashionable"?

Maybe someone should write to the Daily Mail about. I am sure they could do some faux-outrage piece about it.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="LondonCanary"]Standard backward Norfolk folk comment.

This is the reason why people take the pi55 out of Norwich fans!!!!!!![/quote]LOL. You probably think you''re "culturally aware" because you went on holiday to Faliraki. Put it this way, in many countries taking food with your left hand is a "don''t". Would you rather someone told you about it or would you rather they showed "cultural sensitivity" and let you go on making an arse of yourself?[/quote]I assume you are referring to the middle east where they eat with the right and wipe their arse with the left. Hence the punishment of cutting off the left hand for criminals.

[quote user="Herman "]Maybe someone should write to the Daily Mail about. I am sure they could do some faux-outrage piece about it.[/quote]And most likely blame it on the thousand of asylum seekers that have come to this country and the NHS failing

I agree with the OP and Lake District here. Nobody should get in trouble for it or build it into a big deal but a quiet word should be had with the new players to inform them that the 2 fingered salute means something very different over here so it may be a good idea if they didn''t do it in every photo/video of them entering the public domain.

No big deal but I think pr wise would be advisable before someone takes offence. However right on some on here may claim to be the vast, vast majority of British people would understand that gesture to mean "f-off."

http://twitter.com/HOOP588/status/326084355686543360/photo/1. Oh my god another signing is at it too. This time he is English. Lets fine him straight away!

Or maybe except the fact that you''re not quite with the times anymore...

[quote user="FastAsHuck"]http://twitter.com/HOOP588/status/326084355686543360/photo/1. Oh my god another signing is at it too. This time he is English. Lets fine him straight away!

Or maybe except the fact that you''re not quite with the times anymore...[/quote]Someone''s been doing his homework, but maybe you need to "except" that sideways doesn''t count...

So in yor first post

http://instagram.com/p/b6qaJdRW0d/

Would RVW still be swearing as his angle is kinda 45 degrees?

Let''s just say you made a minor error, in regards to youth culture shall we.