Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

PL ups the anti on pubs showing live games on Saturday afternoons

The harder they try to clamp downThe faster those who want to get away with watching it for free will try and evade themThis will lead to less than reputable people discovering new ways of watching the prem (be it online or in pubs)It''s gonna end horribly.

Its like that website they are shutting downI heard the other day that 20 + more sites have since popped up to replace it!The easiest way to get around this is to charge us £5 to watch the games we want to watch online.Give us HD stream with a bloke commentating.I bet it would be a lot easier than going through all thisI mean BBC MOTD get to watch all the weekends games on TV before MOTD airs (so there clearly is a service which provides it)

David McNally and our football club will be at the forefront in the clamour to have these streams stopped. They threaten all this new wealth we enjoy.

The simple solution for the Publican is to play the satellite feed through a TIVO type time delay box. Put the kickoff back to 15:05pm and the match is then "not being shown live at 15:00 on a saturday" hence the broadcast falls under Euro competition laws.

There will always be these streams the only way to stop it is to stop selling the rights abroad for all the matches. But of cause that wont happen because of the money it brings in.

the premier league haven''t got a leg to stand on when it comes to trying to prosecute the landlord, their argument should be the legal tv provider that the pub has paid for.

As for their often-used excuse that they want to protect grass roots football by not showing 3pm kick offs, they kicked that one out of the park a long time ago, there was one particular saturday last season when there was only 4 kick-offs at 3pm.

It''s all about treating the uk football supporter like mugs, not only are our season tickets vastly over-priced compared to the rest of europe but our tv sports subscriptions are 3 times the amount they pay over there too. The average pub would pay about £7k a year to have Sky Sports, so they get their current deal off VIASAT, a legit provider which actually pays more than Sky does to show football, for about £2k

So the Premiership goes after small businesses like your local pub landlord who cant afford a court case, rather than risk upsetting the businesses who are actually breaking their regulations, the broadcaster, in case they stop paying them so much the next time their deal runs out.

"The easiest way to get around this is to charge us £5 to watch the games we want to watch online."there''s a rather disturbing thought that you are serious

Why is it possible for Major League Baseball to create MLBtv and charge fans $129.00 a month to watch every and all MLB games each season, radio and tv streaming.

Why is possible for the National Football League to create the NFL Sunday Ticket and charge fans $139.00 for the entire season on tv?

Why is it possible for the National Hockey League to create NHL Centre Ice for $180.00 for the entire season on tv?

Why do The Winnipeg Jets offer every single home and away game in the Winnipeg market for a cost of $10.00 a month?

The Premier League is light years behind the other world sports leagues when it comes to online live streaming for fans. THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE!

I spend quite a bit of time in Portugal. In the bars over here you can watch any live PL game you want at 3pm on a Saturday plus all of the other games over a weekend. It comes direct from Sky and these bars all have "dodgy" Sky Boxes and Cards and pay absolutely didly squat to show these games. On top of that, you can still buy a pint for €1.50.

[quote user="E.L.F."]Why is it possible for Major League Baseball to create MLBtv and charge fans $129.00 a month to watch every and all MLB games each season, radio and tv streaming.

Why is possible for the National Football League to create the NFL Sunday Ticket and charge fans $139.00 for the entire season on tv?

Why is it possible for the National Hockey League to create NHL Centre Ice for $180.00 for the entire season on tv?

Why do The Winnipeg Jets offer every single home and away game in the Winnipeg market for a cost of $10.00 a month?

The Premier League is light years behind the other world sports leagues when it comes to online live streaming for fans. THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE![/quote]"world sports leagues" ! ! !you are being exceedingly sillyfirstly it is not about possibility, it is about needthe PL doesn''t need to, it makes a huge amount from selling it.s product worldwide rather that to Hank six pack and a few other assorted hillbillieshow the PL sells it''s product is down to them

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Or get on the bus, especially to away grounds, we were only over-subscribed once last season...[/quote]

yes, because every single Norwich supporter can not only afford the £100 or so it costs to go on an away trip but also the day it takes away from being with your family after being at work all week.

Grow up FFS, not everyone has the luxury of not only money, but sometimes, more importantly time to be a at a ground to watch a live game.

Some of the people you just dismiss of being arm chair supporters because they now cant attend every game there have probably attended more games than you have in your lifetime.

I used to go to every game, home and away for years, no matter where it was or what league we were in but, because of my current situation, what with children and stuff, I cant go to as many games as I would like to, but does that make me any less of a supporter than you are?

I frackin doubt it, if you can beat going to Swansea in 1998 for a 1st round league cup game on a cold wet tuesday night than maybe so, but I really don''t think you could.

Some people can''t go to games, for whatever reason, be it financial, opportunity, distance or just that they have found other priorities, like having children, in their life that come a bit higher than following their team all around the country.

One day it may happen to you, but until then, just remember that there were a lot of people who you now mock for not being able to go, who have probably made it possible for you to still have a local team to follow.

Settle down sunshine. I know you''re pretty much a git but maybe you should know that the NFL is the biggest and richest sports league in the world with revenues of $9.5 billion dollars a year and MLB at $7 billion. You''ve probably even noticed that NFL owners are buying up our English clubs with pocket change so maybe shut your gob once in while and listen you ignorant prat.

[quote user="plan b"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Or get on the bus, especially to away grounds, we were only over-subscribed once last season...[/quote]

yes, because every single Norwich supporter can not only afford the £100 or so it costs to go on an away trip but also the day it takes away from being with your family after being at work all week.

Grow up FFS, not everyone has the luxury of not only money, but sometimes, more importantly time to be a at a ground to watch a live game.

Some of the people you just dismiss of being arm chair supporters because they now cant attend every game there have probably attended more games than you have in your lifetime.

I used to go to every game, home and away for years, no matter where it was or what league we were in but, because of my current situation, what with children and stuff, I cant go to as many games as I would like to, but does that make me any less of a supporter than you are?

I frackin doubt it, if you can beat going to Swansea in 1998 for a 1st round league cup game on a cold wet tuesday night than maybe so, but I really don''t think you could.

Some people can''t go to games, for whatever reason, be it financial, opportunity, distance or just that they have found other priorities, like having children, in their life that come a bit higher than following their team all around the country.

One day it may happen to you, but until then, just remember that there were a lot of people who you now mock for not being able to go, who have probably made it possible for you to still have a local team to follow.[/quote]

No, you''re not less of a supporter for not being able to get to games. But not being able to get to games doesn''t entitle you to expect the games you can''t attend to be shown on TV. There is no iron law that says every popular sporting or cultural event has to be televised live.

I have my own get-around. Three months in The Gambia meant I could watch every Norwich game live on big screens whenever they are shown as well as other games simultaneously while downing a pint for a quid !! 

of course there''s evrey possibility that the more and more people who switch to free streams will tell the likes of Sky and BT that their business model is now at an end and it is time to offer free football with the Advert breaks paying for the service rather than joe public....

[quote user="E.L.F."]Settle down sunshine. I know you''re pretty much a git but maybe you should know that the NFL is the biggest and richest sports league in the world with revenues of $9.5 billion dollars a year and MLB at $7 billion. You''ve probably even noticed that NFL owners are buying up our English clubs with pocket change so maybe shut your gob once in while and listen you ignorant prat.[/quote]Listen to what ? Your ill informed twaddle ?A country that is over 5 times bigger than England/Wales should have an income proportionally 5 times bigger. The NFL doesn''t, it is barely 3 times bigger. It''s revenue comes mainly from advertising, one being that advertisers/sponsors have considerable control over what goes on over the pitch, unlike football. Elsewhere attendances have plummeted with almost 1 million empty seats at regular season games this season, up more than 50% from only four years ago.Maybe that''s why NFL owners are looking to get into football and away from the dying dinosaur of contrived theatricals. Has that loss anything to do with games being shown live ?

ps I still await your explanation of how the PL should be making live streaming pay as you go

C1, are you for real? First of all, you thought you were being cute with the reference of North American leagues not being world leagues. They are and that''s why they are the biggest leagues in the world. Their system of allowing supporters around the world access to their product, including merchandising is what makes them the biggest leagues in the world. What part of that don''t you understand? You can watch some dodgy stream for free or you can watch any match in high quality for less than 100 quid for the entire season, which is of course less than the cost of heading to the Carra for two for one match. Golly gee, I wonder how much more revenue is available for PL teams should they go the route of what the biggest sports leagues are doing and provide their product to the majority of supporters who A. don''t live near a team and/or B. can''t afford to go to matches. Lots of empty seats providing ZERO revenue, oh dear, what can we do to create more revenue? Everyone knows that the BPL is soooooooo much different than any other sports league in the world that it cannot possibly learn from their successes. It''s idiotic to be honest, but then again are so many idiots in this world........

Question -- They are saying they are stopping pubs showing live football, yet my local is still advertising that they are going to show it, why ? Also www.firstrow is going to be shut down yet I can still get it to watch some pre-season friendly''s and the boxing, why ?   Is it all something that will happen in the future ?

[quote user="E.L.F."]C1, are you for real? First of all, you thought you were being cute with the reference of North American leagues not being world leagues. They are and that''s why they are the biggest leagues in the world. Their system of allowing supporters around the world access to their product, including merchandising is what makes them the biggest leagues in the world. What part of that don''t you understand? You can watch some dodgy stream for free or you can watch any match in high quality for less than 100 quid for the entire season, which is of course less than the cost of heading to the Carra for two for one match. Golly gee, I wonder how much more revenue is available for PL teams should they go the route of what the biggest sports leagues are doing and provide their product to the majority of supporters who A. don''t live near a team and/or B. can''t afford to go to matches. Lots of empty seats providing ZERO revenue, oh dear, what can we do to create more revenue? Everyone knows that the BPL is soooooooo much different than any other sports league in the world that it cannot possibly learn from their successes. It''s idiotic to be honest, but then again are so many idiots in this world........

.[/quote]yes, silly old me I hadn''t realised this World League had teams from around the world playing in it. Bit like the World Series baseball I suppose."of allowing supporters around the world access to their product, including merchandising"yes, English PL clubs must lift this silly ban on not allowing suporters around the world access to their merchandisingotherwise it is just more confused nonsense, ps who are the BPL ?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Question -- They are saying they are stopping pubs showing live football, yet my local is still advertising that they are going to show it, why ? Also www.firstrow is going to be shut down yet I can still get it to watch some pre-season friendly''s and the boxing, why ?   Is it all something that will happen in the future ?[/quote]The PL own the rights to show live PL football, not live football.Pre-season friendlies are not PL football, nor is boxing.What happens in the future is anyone''s guess, as the suggestion is that when streams are blocked then another source will simply step in.If the PL is serious about this then the logical route would be to put pressure on the breweries and pub chain owners.However as the genie is out of the bottle it will be difficult. More so if any fines are not much more than what a ''license'' would be.

You''re one for the books C1.

And by the way, is there such an entity called the Barclay''s Premier League or am I imagining it when I go to premierleague.com? Well, I''m off to watch the live HD stream of the Toronto Blue Jays on MLBtv.com. Imagine that, live HD streaming from Toronto to beautiful St. Lucia. Isn''t technology great?

City first you''ve been called out as a gimp there mate, a good call i might add.

There''s no reason something can''t be done about this. I for one am going to continue funding and supporting illegal websites until the c*nts at the top start to see straight. It won''t be a problem.

This boils down to one thing and one only

The greedy fu<kers at the Premier League

Yep Jez! But that includes our own club. McNally would be as active as anyone in getting these streams shut down. That''s what he''s paid for - to protect our club''s interests.

yes techology is marvellousand maybe it might even tell us all who these other teams are in this ''world'' league - as you clearly are avoiding itstill I dare say that with all it''s wonders  technologY we might even get others to refer to the EPL as the BPL, save you being on your own on that oneand well done for getting live HD coverage of a game - we can only dream of that over here, (though I''m not to sure rounders would have that much appeal over here)shame someone like sky or BT doesn''t come up with that, just as EPL teams are still not allowing their merchandise to be sold abroad I supposeanything else we are missing, us being stuck with having to watch the games at Carrow Road on ordinary definition .................. our eyes ?