Sign in to follow this  
AmberCanary

Cambridge United Friendly

Hi City fans,Just to let you know, my club Cambridge United, have today announced a pre-season friendly against Norwich City. It''s on 31st August with a 7.30 ko. I know City are playing at Brighton the night before but Chris Houghton has promised to bring a strong team which will include first team players and some new arrivals. I know some City fans came along the Abbey Stadium last season when they couldn''t get to, or tickets for, Norwich matches also back in 2005 when we were in administration there was a lot of yellow and green at our Open Day Fans Match, thank you for your help.The ticket prices will be Adults £15 Concessions & Under 21''s £8 to sit, and  Adults £12 Concessions & Under 21''s £6 to stand.Obviously we don''t know the details of the City squad yet, but this match might be the best chance some of you have of seeing your new squad in action before the season starts.

[quote user="AmberCanary"]Hi City fans,Just to let you know, my club Cambridge United, have today announced a pre-season friendly against Norwich City. It''s on 31st August with a 7.30 ko. I know City are playing at Brighton the night before but Chris Houghton has promised to bring a strong team which will include first team players and some new arrivals. I know some City fans came along the Abbey Stadium last season when they couldn''t get to, or tickets for, Norwich matches also back in 2005 when we were in administration there was a lot of yellow and green at our Open Day Fans Match, thank you for your help.The ticket prices will be Adults £15 Concessions & Under 21''s £8 to sit, and  Adults £12 Concessions & Under 21''s £6 to stand.Obviously we don''t know the details of the City squad yet, but this match might be the best chance some of you have of seeing your new squad in action before the season starts.[/quote]

with us ,as you say playing Brighton the previous night...and then playing away 48 hours later at Braga, I''d be surprised if we bought a first XI??.....I''m open to being proved wrong though

It''s Hughton by the way Amber not Houghton and as has been said with Norwich playing Brighton the next day and then flying off to Braga you will not get any players who will figure in our Premiership squad for 2013/14.

Sorry can''t be there, too far to travel for me, plus it''s ''Black Tot Day'' (the day they did away with the tot of rum in the RN ) In which I usually get plastered with some glasses of Pussers Rum.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It''s Hughton by the way Amber not Houghton and as has been said with Norwich playing Brighton the next day and then flying off to Braga you will not get any players who will figure in our Premiership squad for 2013/14.[/quote]

Then the OP is either lying or Hughton is -"Chris Houghton has promised to bring a strong team which will include first team players and some new arrivals."

Good to see us arranging local friendlies again. Clubs like Cambridge need the support and these fixtures are a good opportunity for fans who find it difficult to get into Carrow Road.Will bring back memories for me of watching Bellamy looking a million dollars on a past friendly visit and hoping now scouts from big clubs were there to watch him!The timing is a shame - quite a dash back for those of us staying overnight with friends in Sussex for the Brighton match. Let us hope we see Ruddy still in our colours back at the Abbey Stadium!

[quote user="AmberCanary"]Hi City fans,
Just to let you know, my club Cambridge United, have today announced a pre-season friendly against Norwich City. It''s on 31st August with a 7.30 ko. I know City are playing at Brighton the night before but Chris Houghton has promised to bring a strong team which will include first team players and some new arrivals.
Obviously we don''t know the details of the City squad yet, but this match might be the best chance some of you have of seeing your new squad in action before the season starts.
[/quote]

Sorry Amber but our official site tends to suggest otherwise.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/13-14-fixtures-883242.aspx

[quote user="AmberCanary"]

Our website site is saying slightly different. Not a full first team squad, I grant you. But there is a hint that there might be some 1st teamers and maybe some new singings, if they can''t make your american tour. Just a thought anyway.

http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/article/norwichfixtureupdate-903437.aspx

[/quote]Perhaps Bassong and Turner. I heard they will be fit by then.

Getting tickets to this tomorrow.

Even it''s mostly our under 18''s/21''s it''ll still be worth a watch.

Cambridge Uniteds manager Richard Money was scouting for Norwich at the start of last season. Very good mates with Hughton from their Newcastle days.

Latest information on this match below.

Who knows it might be your first chance to see Gary Hooper!

Hi,

On July 31st Norwich will be

playing Cambridge United in a friendly match at the R Costings Abbey

Stadium.

If you would like to know more

about ticket, hospitality, sponsorship or mascot opportunities please contact

01223 566500

We also provide the following

service to visiting as well as home supporters

Home and visiting supporters who

experience visual impairment can listen to audio descriptive commentary at the R

Costings Abbey Stadium.

The service is free, and is

provided voluntarily by fans of Cambridge United Football Club who have been

expertly trained, and who are into their third season of providing a highly

professional, neutral and entertaining match description.

The service is broadcast to all

parts of the stadium. All users of the service must have a sighted guide with

them to comply with ground

regulations.

Admission cost is at the

concessionary rate, and for sighted guides admission is free.

The service should be pre-booked

in advance of the game by calling the co-ordinator, Nick Parker on 07929 589925,

or email: nick.parker56@googlemail.com or

by contacting Cambridge United ticket office.

Thank you

Bought my tickets the other day, and got ticket numbers 7,8,9 & 10.

Really hope some more people go and there''s more than 10 of us!

Agreed .... let''s hope for a good turnout. I plan to bring four .... we paid at the turnstiles last time so have not pre-booked.

i went last time we played them pre season.. I seem to remember Matt Svenson playing like a pub player.. who had just come out of the pub!!

[quote user="thevicar"]Agreed .... let''s hope for a good turnout. I plan to bring four .... we paid at the turnstiles last time so have not pre-booked.[/quote]
Aye, you can only buy in advance from the Cambridge ticket office. So guessing most people will be paying on the turnstile. Seating is unreserved too, so basically sit where you can

Street parking is ok. Not many restrictions. Best to come off A14 at first junction for Cambridge. Go past the airport and after roundabout with McDonalds on your right you will see the floodlights in front of you. Turn right or left and there should be ample street parking around the estates. Barnwell Rd., Stansfield Rd., Ditton Fields, and Ditton Walk are probably the best.