Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Maxi Lopez Catania

For 4 million. I''m still not over the moon, but it could prove a profitable short term solution for both player and clubI''m just not entirely sure how loyal Lopez is that''s all.

As mentioned, his stats aren''t the greatest, but it depends what role he plays/CH has planned for him. CH hasn''t done too badly so far so if we get him, let''s run with it and see where it gets us.

i guess we will get in 2 more strikers though, seeing as weve been chasing Quag and Toivonen, I feel if we get Maxi, the other striker will be someone that plays in the hole too (which is why Jackson should have been kept!)

[quote user="ncfc2012"]maxi lopez ready to accept 3 year contract at Norwich according to reports in Italy also the fee is 4 million[/quote]
What''s that in £sd?

potentially a good link up player? if euros thats about £3.4m isnt it?

There is a great difference to having watched a 5min YouTube Highlight clip and having seen him play for a variety of clubs over the years.I could make Julien Brellier look decent if you gave me 20minutes of highlights and a YouTube account

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]There is a great difference to having watched a 5min YouTube Highlight clip and having seen him play for a variety of clubs over the years.I could make Julien Brellier look decent if you gave me 20minutes of highlights and a YouTube account

[/quote]

classic.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]There is a great difference to having watched a 5min YouTube Highlight clip and having seen him play for a variety of clubs over the years.I could make Julien Brellier look decent if you gave me 20minutes of highlights and a YouTube account[/quote]
You could probably make the average sunday league player look like a professional if you have a seasons worth of footage so agreed there. But it is all we have to go by, so we have to make do. 

Don''t know anything about Maxi, but I''ve just found something (well, at least two things) that really, really makes me hope we get him ...

http://staticmd.lavozdelinterior.com.ar/sites/default/files/styles/landscape_1140_641/public/galer_a_multimedia/wanda_nara_4_0.jpg

[quote user="ron obvious"]Don''t know anything about Maxi, but I''ve just found something (well, at least two things) that really, really makes me hope we get him ...

http://staticmd.lavozdelinterior.com.ar/sites/default/files/styles/landscape_1140_641/public/galer_a_multimedia/wanda_nara_4_0.jpg[/quote]
Well aren''t you the lucky one, I was unfortunate enough to find this: http://m24digital.com/en/2012/02/29/controversy-over-alleged-nude-photos-of-maxi-lopez/

[quote user="Foghorn"]Lopez is a non-starter. Too few letters in his name to make any money on the shirt![/quote]

Not necessarily. You can go for Maximiliano Gaston Lopez.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]This is definitely going to happen :( not a good player at all[/quote]
He will be better than Chris Martin, and probably better than Simeon Jackson. For that reason he represents an improvement in the squad. 
But I would still want one more striker. 

I can not say that the thought of signing Maxi excites me but let''s keep a sense of proportion.

He must have some talent as he was sought after by Barcelona. Since then his career appears to have gone south. So iproviding he is looking to rebuild his career and commit to the cause we could get a player with some pedigree at a modest price.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]I can not say that the thought of signing Maxi excites me but let''s keep a sense of proportion.

He must have some talent as he was sought after by Barcelona. Since then his career appears to have gone south. So iproviding he is looking to rebuild his career and commit to the cause we could get a player with some pedigree at a modest price.[/quote]Good post very much agree.

Bit surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for this signing. Makes me wonder whether i am thinking of the right Lopez. Admittedly i haven''t seen him play for a few years but the guy i recall was a two footed Argentinian number 10, can play behind the striker and got quite a shot on him. Not a pacey player but someone to come in and compete for the Wes position. Am i thinking of the right guy here? I don''t remember him playing for Barca though either

If he can recapture some of the form which got Him a loan deal to Milan then he will be a solid signing. Though he never really played much for them which i''m not quite sure why.

hooper for me. As some have said this guys career has gone toes up over recent years. Yes he could make /need a fresh start but also he could continue on the slide and at 29 his best is way behind him

I''d still prefer Hooper, but if we were to get get Maxi, we must give him a chance. Let''s just say that when the signings of Turner and Bassong were announced, I suspect there were one or two reservations, but have really impressed.If this guy bangs in a couple of goals, or nets a winner, I''m sure the negative feelings will disappear.Let''s just wait and see

Yorkshire I am looking at this as an "and" option, not an "or".

We need another two up top so Hooper and Maxi.

If it is a choice then its hot to be Hooper.