Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Not a single new Hooper thread today so far.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Johnny_Bravo"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]McNally and Hughton are both in the States so I very much doubt any business will be done until they get back.

I''d have liked Hooper here but I''m so bored with the whole thing now that I''ll drive him to QPR myself just so I don''t have to see his name every 5 f**king minutes.[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought it makes any difference. Wenger and Gazidis in Japan but bidding for Suarez who is in Australia?[/quote]Very true, shed loads could/should be happening.[/quote]Yes, there was one on the M62, only this morning..............;-)

[/quote]Lol, and in other news.

QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.

[quote user="Wiz"]QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.[/quote]Bid was accepted around 3pm today (BBC report the story at 3:40pm) and those odds will reflect things that have happened since.Bit gutted if we do sign him though, I think we should be trying to do better.

[quote user="Wiz"]QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.[/quote]Careful Wiz the filth might get on your case, take cover lad.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.[/quote]

Bid was accepted around 3pm today (BBC report the story at 3:40pm) and those odds will reflect things that have happened since.

Bit gutted if we do sign him though, I think we should be trying to do better.

[/quote]

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8838665/transfer-news-celtic-accept-increased-qpr-offer-for-gary-hooper

Rednap is making more confident  statements about signing him now. This does not appear to be about money, we must have lost interest in him for whatever reason. I would still like to have him here though

I''m sure it''s merely wishful thinking but after all our club''s public efforts I really can''t see us no longer having an interest or stubbornly sticking to a miserly transfer offer.

Until anything is confirmed regarding QPR I will keep believing that NCFC will match their offer once Celtic have taken it and that will bring Hooper here!

"It’s all been agreed," Redknapp told STV. "I’ve not been dealing

with it but the chief executive and the chairman have been dealing with

Celtic.

"Hopefully we’re close to finally getting there but until it’s done you’re never sure.

"

He’s a player we’ve been chasing for a while and now we’ve agreed a deal with Celtic.

"We’ve followed him from his days at Gray’s Athletic to Southend to

Scunthorpe. Then he’s gone and scored goals at the highest level with

Celtic.

"So he’s proved that he’s a goalscorer and hopefully he can score some goals in the Championship now."

"I would love to see him being leading goalscorer in the Championship

and hopefully that would mean us being promoted," he added.

"If he came here and was a prolific scorer then you never know [about

an England call]. We’re not overloaded with great strikers in England,

that’s for sure, and everyone’s looking for a good goalscorer."

Then again I trust nothing that man says

Fed up of people who say they''d be gutted to see Hooper here! He has a great goal scoring record in the Championship and SPL, yes they made not be "top leagues" but it still proves he''s an instinctive finisher. For potentially £5 million, this would be a clever buy and would provide us with a different option to RVW if he gets injured lets say.

Oh FFS Let''s sign the Hopper and f ''arry right off. Sick to death with the media love in with the git.

Come on CEO (may peace be upon him) dig him a bloody great hole.

Marvellous

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"It’s all been agreed," Redknapp told STV. "I’ve not been dealing

with it but the chief executive and the chairman have been dealing with

Celtic.

"Hopefully we’re close to finally getting there but until it’s done you’re never sure.

"

He’s a player we’ve been chasing for a while and now we’ve agreed a deal with Celtic.

"We’ve followed him from his days at Gray’s Athletic to Southend to

Scunthorpe. Then he’s gone and scored goals at the highest level with

Celtic.

"So he’s proved that he’s a goalscorer and hopefully he can score some goals in the Championship now."

"I would love to see him being leading goalscorer in the Championship

and hopefully that would mean us being promoted," he added.

"If he came here and was a prolific scorer then you never know [about

an England call]. We’re not overloaded with great strikers in England,

that’s for sure, and everyone’s looking for a good goalscorer."

Then again I trust nothing that man says

Saga end/final episode/season finale sign for someone FFS.

[/quote]

[quote user="ncfc4lyf1"]Fed up of people who say they''d be gutted to see Hooper here! [/quote]Well don''t read discussion boards then, as I''d hate for you to be upset by reading something you don''t agree with.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.[/quote]Bid was accepted around 3pm today (BBC report the story at 3:40pm) and those odds will reflect things that have happened since.Bit gutted if we do sign him though, I think we should be trying to do better.[/quote]

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8838665/transfer-news-celtic-accept-increased-qpr-offer-for-gary-hooper

[/quote]Sigh.Let''s try again.Since QPR have had their offer accepted (around 3pm today), Norwich have become bigger favourites to sign him.

Not sure about those odds QPR have shortened to 2/1 and we''ve gone out to 1/2 from 1/4. I really hope the Hooper deal has legs - he knows where the goal is - something desperately needed at the moment.

We might debate Holt''s opener for Wigan?

We might debate why none of the strikers with whom we''re linked are good enough?

Or how the new electronic turnstiles will work at Carrow Road on the day of the first game?

Or what will the points threshold be for Spurs away for us ex-10 stubbers? I''m hoping it''s 1850...

The really stupid thing. Is we can obviously get this fella for £6mHe ha stated he wants to come here and Celtic have accepted £6m from QPRSeeing we offered £7m + in Jan i can''t really understand why we haven''t gone back for him.My only assumption is we are virtually about to sign someone else (Quag) ?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]QPR just had £5 mil bid accepted by Celtic and he''s now free to talk to them.[/quote]Bid was accepted around 3pm today (BBC report the story at 3:40pm) and those odds will reflect things that have happened since.Bit gutted if we do sign him though, I think we should be trying to do better.[/quote]

[/quote]Sigh.Let''s try again.Since QPR have had their offer accepted (around 3pm today), Norwich have become bigger favourites to sign him.

[/quote]I''ve heard QPR have had a bid accepted...