Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Not a single new Hooper thread today so far.

I see on the BBC that he is now discussing terms with QPR. When thinking about it, wouldnt you have thought that if he REALLY, I mean REALLY wanted to join City he would have thrown his toys out big time? We really do need to move on, shame because I am one of those who thought he would be a success for us.   

[quote user="crabbycanary"]No Paul, that is not what you said. You said, that we should pay what you value him at[/quote]And so you should. He is our player, we do not need to sell him. If you want him, pay what we value him at. If not, hope he doesn''t go to another team, wait a year and hope he chooses Norwich over what ever options he has next year. Why should we accept an offer below our valuation? Makes no sense.

?

When you sell your house, you stick to your original price then. You may get someone prepared to pay the full whack, you may not, good luck.

I''m starting to hope we do sign him purely for the reason that if we don''t, every time he scores a goal for QPR, we''ll have a new thread on here outlining that we should have signed him because he scored a goal for QPR.Combined with the anticipated new thread for each Holt goal at Wigan, this place is going to be very overcrowded with I-told-you-so''s.It''s going to be unbearable.

If you are selling a house that you value at £250,000 and someone offers you £200,000 ... do you just accept it?

Suppose it depends on the market, doesn''t it? If that house will only be worth £100,000 in January, perhaps you might cash in.

Oh and you''re right, we are not being held to ransom. Think we are just playing the waiting game for a player who now has his heart set on a move the the premier league. Got a feeling that Celtic can''t afford to miss out on getting some money back for him. Lose in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying round and you''ll have no big games this season (unless you get Rangers in the cup I suppose!)

[quote user="Paul_CFC"][quote user="crabbycanary"]No Paul, that is not what you said. You said, that we should pay what you value him at[/quote]And so you should. He is our player, we do not need to sell him. If you want him, pay what we value him at. If not, hope he doesn''t go to another team, wait a year and hope he chooses Norwich over what ever options he has next year. Why should we accept an offer below our valuation? Makes no sense. [/quote]

But there comes a time when you will have to cash in. You will not allow him to go for nothing next summer. If he doesn''t go in this window, you''ll get nothing for him.

Only they won''t get nothing for him, they will get £5mil from QPR....

[quote user="Stig"]Only they won''t get nothing for him, they will get £5mil from QPR....[/quote]

Only if he agrees to go there!

Hooper may be talking to QPR on an ''Plan B'' basis hoping/expecting Norwich to come up trumps with his/our original ''Plan A''.

"But there comes a time when you will have to cash in. You will not

allow him to go for nothing next summer. If he doesn''t go in this

window, you''ll get nothing for him."
Suppose it is a game of poker just now, to see who will blink first. Of course we won''t want him to remain at Celtic this season if he''s not signing a new deal, but we don''t want him to go on the cheap either. I suspect both parties will meet in the middle somewhere (If he rejects QPR).

I think that there is an offer on the table from us that will remain the same. As time goes on, circumstances will change. I don''t think he will join QPR in the championship. He will play for Celtic until there valuation is matched. That valuation will not be the same on 31st August as it is today.

Like you say, a game of poker. A torn ligament in training and he is worth less than nothing (12 months wages with no game time) and his career is down the pan. Hooper knows that. Celtic know that. Norwich know that.

Not great for the fans but glad we have McNally in our corner! Think he has proved, for both Norwich and Celtic, he is not bad at poker.

Out of interest Paul, as a Celtic fan would you think more of Hooper if he joined us to play in the EPL or QPR for a decent pay day?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I''m starting to hope we do sign him purely for the reason that if we don''t, every time he scores a goal for QPR, we''ll have a new thread on here outlining that we should have signed him because he scored a goal for QPR.Combined with the anticipated new thread for each Holt goal at Wigan, this place is going to be very overcrowded with I-told-you-so''s.It''s going to be unbearable.[/quote]Great call TgoMT, going to happen for sure...............can''t wait.

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"]Someone just asked journalist and NCFC fan if he excepted us make a move now and he said it''s all gone a little quite.[/quote]Getting quite interesting this alright.

[quote user="Just Dan"]Out of interest Paul, as a Celtic fan would you think more of Hooper if he joined us to play in the EPL or QPR for a decent pay day?[/quote]If he has two offers on the table, one from QPR and one from Norwich and he chooses QPR then that will say all you need to know about his ambition as a footballer. He will obviously be looking to get into the England squad, and ideally be in the squad for Brazil next year, even if he goes to Norwich that will be a big ask, but it''s where his best shot would be. I think if he does go to Norwich (or any other EPL team) and does well, he might have a chance because he is a different type of striker to any that are involved in the England set up at the moment.

[quote user="Just Dan"]Out of interest Paul, as a Celtic fan would you think more of Hooper if he joined us to play in the EPL or QPR for a decent pay day?[/quote]Meant to add, even if QPR were in the EPL, i''d still think more of him for going to Norwich. The way QPR are being run is not the way football teams should be run, we''ve seen it before with Portsmouth, Leeds and dare I say it Rangers (RIP) and it always ends in tears. Norwich appear to be run properly and are looking to build on what was a really good season last season.

[quote user="Just Dan"]I think that there is an offer on the table from us that will remain the same. As time goes on, circumstances will change. I don''t think he will join QPR in the championship. He will play for Celtic until there valuation is matched. That valuation will not be the same on 31st August as it is today.

Like you say, a game of poker. A torn ligament in training and he is worth less than nothing (12 months wages with no game time) and his career is down the pan. Hooper knows that. Celtic know that. Norwich know that.

Not great for the fans but glad we have McNally in our corner! Think he has proved, for both Norwich and Celtic, he is not bad at poker.[/quote]I would have thought McNally would still have good contacts within Celtic, being an ex employee, but i''m not sure what circumstances he left.

I can only presume that we are not interested anymore. Just hope we have our other targets in soon cos this is getting ridiculous. It''s ok people saying there is x amount of time left to get players in, but we want them in now and settling in the team in the freindlys. The closer it gets to the season the more we will have to pay cos we will be desperate.

[quote user="Twitchy"]It''s far too quiet for me on the striker front, something needs to happen soon.[/quote]Does remind me of January this.Which is really annoying as i thought we would have had a replacement for Holt

Wasn''t that fussed about Hooper, having watched him a couple of times. Then saw the obligatory YouTube video and changed my mind. Sure the keepers/ defenders he was up against are gash ...but buoy can he finish! -and with quite a bit of variety.

Do think now he''ll make the grade, and let''s face it, if we were prepared to go to as high as we reportedly did in Jan then CH must have thought that too (then). Can we really get similar value elsewhere?

McNally and Hughton are both in the States so I very much doubt any business will be done until they get back.

I''d have liked Hooper here but I''m so bored with the whole thing now that I''ll drive him to QPR myself just so I don''t have to see his name every 5 f**king minutes.

Put simply, I think if he doesn''t end up at Norwich it is because we decided we didn''t want him and are chasing different/better options. TBH there has been little concrete to suggest we have been in for him this summer, other than the odd tweet from the ever (un)reliable Mr Nursey.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]McNally and Hughton are both in the States so I very much doubt any business will be done until they get back.

I''d have liked Hooper here but I''m so bored with the whole thing now that I''ll drive him to QPR myself just so I don''t have to see his name every 5 f**king minutes.[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought it makes any difference. Wenger and Gazidis in Japan but bidding for Suarez who is in Australia?

[quote user="Johnny_Bravo"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]McNally and Hughton are both in the States so I very much doubt any business will be done until they get back.

I''d have liked Hooper here but I''m so bored with the whole thing now that I''ll drive him to QPR myself just so I don''t have to see his name every 5 f**king minutes.[/quote]

I wouldn''t have thought it makes any difference. Wenger and Gazidis in Japan but bidding for Suarez who is in Australia?[/quote]Very true, shed loads could/should be happening.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Johnny_Bravo"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]McNally and Hughton are both in the States so I very much doubt any business will be done until they get back.

I wouldn''t have thought it makes any difference. Wenger and Gazidis in Japan but bidding for Suarez who is in Australia?[/quote]Very true, shed loads could/should be happening.[/quote]Yes, there was one on the M62, only this morning..............;-)