Sign in to follow this  
CanaryDan

Team for Everton

I appear to be the only one who thinks we will strt with Garrido at left back and Olsseo paying left midfield.

I don''t think Hughton will start with Redmond because he will want to keep things solid at the start and use olssen''s speed and crossuing ability as he showed last Saturday.

Redmond on when players are tiring.

Cambridge,

I fully agree that Hughton is likely to start with Garrido at LB and Olsson at left wing.

Little point in disrupting the defence too much with Bassong already out. And Redmond can always be brought on later if we need to start chasing the game.

Seems like hardly anyone agrees. I think we can say that Seb and Pilks are out and so is Hooper, unless CH is playing a neat smoke screen for Everton, so I''m going with.

Ruddy

Martin - Bennett - Turner - Garrido

Snodders - BJ - Tettey/Howson- Olsson

Wes -

The Wolf

Tettey/Howson kinda depends on whether it''s the same old CH (Tettey) or new and exciting CH (Howson). Nah, it''ll be Tettey.

Wasn''t Tettey quite good in pre-season? Honestly not sure what team will be picked, but Olsson at LB would have been better imo. I can see Garrido starting LB though with Olsson on the left as you say. Martin to partner Turner simply to have 1 of our captains there with experience even though I thought Bennett was a beast at the end of last season and he has a good future. Wouldn''t be surprised to see Tettey and BJ sitting with Jonny boy in front linking the attack to RvW, but Wes is probably the default choice for that position with his running and holding of the ball. Think there''s more to come from Howson though after his good showing last season. Seems a confidence player and should take heart from his performances and the goals at the end of the season

I reckon we''ll see Loza or Morris on the bench too as we only have RvW and Becchio at the moment who are fit! Maybe one of the Murphy boys too with Pilks being out?

The Team Scooby''s put for me, and I really hope it''s Howson, but like you suspect it will be Tettey.

I can''t stand the two of them together (BJ/Tettey), they''re both good players (BJ the better for me) but its so unadventurous to play the two, when they are so similar with the same limitations, in the centre of midfield.

This thread is making me laugh! Everyone was putting howson in ahead of hoolahan until they realise fer is banned and put howson cm and hoolahan back in! People forget how much wes has done and stuck by us through the bad days

For me

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olson

Tettey Howson

Snodgrass Wessi Redmond

RvW

COYY!

I think the manager will do everything he can to make sure we do not start with a home defeat.

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Martin Garrido

Snodgrass Tettey Johnson Olsson

Howson

RvW

Unlike last season he now has serious possibilities from the bench where I would expect to see:

Bunn, Bennett, Bennett, Redmond, Hoolahan, Hooper, Becchio.

Unlike most supporters I would be happy to start the season off with a point, happier still with three, but I feel it is so important not to lose this one.

What do people think will be Martinez''s approach with Everton?

At Wigan he very much favoured 3 at the back - this seems to be his philosophy and probably the main reason Wigan always struggled. He''s talked about being in transition. I think if he tried to make them play with 3 at the back, something they''re not used to, like Mancini did with Man City, then with Redmond and Snodgrass on the wings we could do very well.

I think he''d be a fool to start with 3 at the back instead of their familiar flat back 4, but he might see Baines and Coleman as wingbacks, so might feel confident.

We''ve seen in our own recent opening day catastrophes that a new man or a new system can be easy pickings for a well oiled side. Our defence should be solid after a season together - today could be fun!