Sign in to follow this  
CanaryDan

Team for Everton

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner  Martin Olsson

Howson Fer Tettey Redmond

RVW Hooper

I wouldn''t waste Fer by asking him to be the DM, I''d put Tettey in that role as his passing is better than BJ''s and I would allow for a bit of extra support by dropping Howson in as an inside right, not sure we can afford the luxury of two wingers in a 4-4-2. However I think CH may be a little more cautious, play RVW alone up front with Fer behind and Snods on the right.

First game of the season, we''re at home so I hope we play an attacking style and go for the win.

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Johnson Howson Redmond

RvW Hooper

Given that Fer is suspended and Bassong unlikely to be fit enough (saw him play 60 mins yesterday for the U21''s and imo not ready yet). What I would like to see and what I will see are probably two different selections, so here goes;

Like to see;

Ruddy

Whitaker   R Martin (Capt)   Turner   Olsson

E Bennett     Johnson     Howson     Redmond

RVW

Hooper

Probably will see;

Ruddy

Whitaker   R Martin (Capt)   Turner   Olsson

Snodgrass   Johnson   Howson   Tettey   Redmond

RVW

assuming its too soon for Bassong:

Ruddy

Whitaker Martin Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Redmond

Hoolahan

RVW/Hooper

Dont; mind which striker starts. On pre-season form would probably plump for Hooper but in my view his injury means RVW will get the nod.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Olsson

Snodgrass Tettey Johnson Bennett

Hoolahan

Rvw

I think this is what will happen as opposed to what I would like. I assume that neither Bassong or Hooper will be available

Skysportsnews had a preview of the match and their line up contained Hooper and Fer and also had Tetty as Leftback and Garrido as centerhalf !

The one thing looking at the team for Saturday is, it''s not that different to last season is it?

Worrying, to be honest. I genuinely do not get all this talk of Europe when you look at these teams. They are poor.

I should imagone the team for Everton on Saturday will be something along the lines of

Howard

Jagileka   Distin  Baines

Fellaini Etc Etc Etc

Sorry I couldn''t resist.

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong/Bennett, Turner, Garrido

Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, Redmond

Hoolahan

RVW

Long term I would go for Fer over Wes, Olsson over Garrido and Pilks over Redmond. A bench of Hoops, Hoolahan, Redmond, Tettey, Garrido, Bennett and Bunn looks pretty smart!

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Turner, Olsson

Snoodgrass, Tettey, Howson, Redmond

Hoolahan

RVW

Is what I would start with (assuming Bassong/Pilks are not available). I expect Olsson will play LM with Garrido LB though.

The one thing looking at the team for Saturday is, it''s not that different to last season is it?

Worrying, to be honest. I genuinely do not get all this talk of Europe when you look at these teams. They are poor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hmm?

With howson coming in to his own he will be like a new player,

only reason Fer won''t be added is his one game suspension

so with the exception of him, we can expect these new players to feature;

Olsson, Redmond, RVW, Hooper, (Howson) and possibly even a new CB by that time.

the team last year WASN''T awful.

the new players brought in are class, Bassong is class, Martin is class, Ruddy is class, Snodders is class, Hoolahan is class. and Johnson does his job which is to take the ball from the opposition.

we didn''t need an entire clear out, just a few injections into the team, and all the signings have been just what we needed. all we are missing is a CB.

You hoolahan haters are absolutely delisional and clearly know very little about football or indeed Norwich city. Yes he can be frustrating and have the occasional bad game but one things for sure when he doesn''t play we are awfull. As proved many time last season and more recently in the Braga friendly.

Hoolahan is a massive player still. Fair enough if we sign a better player who can do what he does but we haven''t got anyone in the squad close.

Wake up ffs. He''s being doing it for 4 years now. 4 years that have been some of the best in our history. Coincidence? Not a chance, Wes is that good and should be regarded a legend.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]This would be my guess for Hughton''s starting line up against Everton as the day draws closer:

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Martin Olsson

Snodgrass Fer Johnson Redmond

Hoolahan

Van Wolfswinkel[/quote]

Damn, forgot Fer was suspended. Substitute Howson for Fer. Would be disappointed if he played both Tettey and Johnson, think that would be too cautious - Fortune favours the bold!

Assuming Bassong & Hooper not fit and Fer suspended

Ruddy

Martin, Bennett, Turner, Olsson

E.Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass

Hoolahan

RVW

Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Ayala, Garrido, Tettey, Redmond, Becchio

[quote user="lincoln canary"]You hoolahan haters are absolutely delisional and clearly know very little about football or indeed Norwich city. Yes he can be frustrating and have the occasional bad game but one things for sure when he doesn''t play we are awfull. As proved many time last season and more recently in the Braga friendly.

Hoolahan is a massive player still. Fair enough if we sign a better player who can do what he does but we haven''t got anyone in the squad close.

Wake up ffs. He''s being doing it for 4 years now. 4 years that have been some of the best in our history. Coincidence? Not a chance, Wes is that good and should be regarded a legend.[/quote]

Are you a Wes fan then or....?

Cant really tell... [;)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]You hoolahan haters are absolutely delisional and clearly know very little about football or indeed Norwich city. Yes he can be frustrating and have the occasional bad game but one things for sure when he doesn''t play we are awfull. As proved many time last season and more recently in the Braga friendly.

Wake up ffs. He''s being doing it for 4 years now. 4 years that have been some of the best in our history. Coincidence? Not a chance, Wes is that good and should be regarded a legend.[/quote]

Would play hoolahan every game. Like your team selection but snoddgrass would play right wing. Never gonna be left.

Ruddy

Whitaker Turner Martin Olson

Snodgrass Howson Johnson Redmond

Hoolahan

RVW

Subs - Bunn Bassong Garrido Tettey E Bennett Becchio Hooper

Assumes Bassong & Hooper fit enough for bench only. If not then R Bennett & Butterfield on bench.

Hopefully all come back from international duty fit & healthy.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Garrido

Johnson

Snodgrass Howson Hoolahan Redmond

Van Wolfswinkel

Subs Becchio Bunn Bennett Ollsen Tettey Fox Butterfield

Hooper out so lack of forwards is a concern.......still

I think you''re right Ray, although I suspect Garrido will start. Olsson will take his place at the first sign of a dodgy game, like Garrido did with Tierney last year. We will need Bradders to have a good game against Fellaini again!

i agree with hazzajet apart from olsson instead of redmond. dont think he will chuck redmond in from the start just yet.