Sign in to follow this  
Cerberus

Junior Hoilett Part Ex?

[quote user="Canary_Mad"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate repeating myself  ( [:)] ) but I''m going to say it again.   A player who has been  relegated twice in two seasons is not a player I want to play for Norwich.   He may have a lot to offer, he may be fantastic.   But sometimes there is a message there.   Let him fight his way back to the premiership by playing in the championship for a season - he will be a better player for it, imo.   Just handing him another ticket to the big time  will not do him - or us - any favours. [/quote]

And bassong was relegated how many times before he came to us?[/quote]

That is entirely different as his last  club was  Tottenham - a successful club.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate repeating myself  ( [:)] ) but I''m going to say it again.   A player who has been  relegated twice in two seasons is not a player I want to play for Norwich.   He may have a lot to offer, he may be fantastic.   But sometimes there is a message there.   Let him fight his way back to the premiership by playing in the championship for a season - he will be a better player for it, imo.   Just handing him another ticket to the big time  will not do him - or us - any favours.
[/quote]

That is entirely different as his last  club was  Tottenham - a successful club.

[/quote]

Depends on your definition of success. Missing out on the Champions League has to be seen as failure.

Not only that, but they deemed him not good enough.

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Ridiculous" is too strong.  There are plenty of people who wouldn''t want a player who has been in failed teams, especially twice in a row.  Is not a player part of a team?[/quote]I don''t think it''s too strong at all, as you seem to feel that at least in this case, a single player should have been able to prevent 2 clubs from being relegated, and because he didn''t, somehow he''s a failure and not a player ''worthy'' of us...And of course a player is part of a team, but if the rest of the team is well below par, there''s only so much an individual can do to ''carry'' the rest of that team, and at the top level that''s an almost impossible ask - even for a world class player, never mind one who is simply ''talented''.So I stand by my assertion that your opinion regarding Hoilett is ''Ridiculous'', and unless you can come up with some convincing evidence to the contrary, I don''t think you''ll get a lot of other support for your view on this one either...

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate repeating myself  ( [:)] ) but I''m going to say it again.   A player who has been  relegated twice in two seasons is not a player I want to play for Norwich.   He may have a lot to offer, he may be fantastic.   But sometimes there is a message there.   Let him fight his way back to the premiership by playing in the championship for a season - he will be a better player for it, imo.   Just handing him another ticket to the big time  will not do him - or us - any favours. [/quote]

[/quote]

Depends on your definition of success. Missing out on the Champions League has to be seen as failure.

Not only that, but they deemed him not good enough.

[/quote]

Good enough to be in a top six club''s squad. 

Success?  Are you comparing Tottenham''s status  to Blackburn and QPR''s?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hate repeating myself  ( [:)] ) but I''m going to say it again.   A player who has been  relegated twice in two seasons is not a player I want to play for Norwich.   He may have a lot to offer, he may be fantastic.   But sometimes there is a message there.   Let him fight his way back to the premiership by playing in the championship for a season - he will be a better player for it, imo.   Just handing him another ticket to the big time  will not do him - or us - any favours.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The last club he played for before us was wolves

[quote user="Canary_Mad"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]

[/quote]

The last club he played for before us was wolves

[/quote]

He was a Tottenham player. End of.

"Good enough to be in a top six club''s squad.

Success? Are you comparing Tottenham''s status to Blackburn and QPR''s?"

Er, did I miss something? Last time I checked AVB decided that he wasn''t good enough for a top six club''s squad and sold him to us. As did Harry the previous season hence his loan to Wolves.

And success is all relative to objectives. Success for Tottenham is Champions League qualification, success for Blackburn and QPR would have been staying up.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2013-07-04 6:38 PM:

I hate repeating myself ( ) but I''m going to say it again. A player who has been relegated twice in two seasons is not a player I want to play for Norwich. He may have a lot to offer, he may be fantastic. But sometimes there is a message there. Let him fight his way back to the premiership by playing in the championship for a season - he will be a better player for it, imo. Just handing him another ticket to the big time will not do him - or us - any favours.

Sorry LDC, but is a team collectively who gets a club relegated, not one player - there are many prem and international players who have relegation on their cv. Such a player could have had a totally marvellous season for that club, he may not have played many games due to injury and did not in fact contribute to the relegation at all, or maybe his face just didn''t fit! It would be very unfair, would it not, if NCFC got relegated this season, and another supporter at another club states we don''t want Becchio here, he got relegated with Norwich! That is the scenario you are painting really, and we all know Becchio is not going to get too much game time with CH, so he wouldn''t in fact have contributed to relegation at all (and I am not suggesting we will get relegated) just making the point that one single player cannot be singled out, it''s a team game!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Am I the only one who rates Bechio? Well I''m sure Hoots does from his comments at the latter part of the season.

The lad is good in the air has good vision and for the few chances he has had I''ve been impressed.

Hoillet may be a good shout but not to sacrifice Bechio, at least not as it stands with the striker line up we have at the mo.[/quote]

I''m with you Bury. Injuries will happen, he will get his chance and hopefully, will prove his worth.