Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Creative Centre Midfielder

Joanna Grey is obviously on drugs or copious amounts of alcohol to say Wes is not an important part of the team. Either that she''s just plain stupid. It''s amazing how many City fans underrate and write-off the little man. I''d say he''s in the top three of our most important players.

He''s criticised for giving the ball away. Yet stats show he''s the least guilty of this in the team. He has magical touches and sprinklings of magic that no one else in the squad is capable of. Yes, he does occasionally give it away or run into an alley - but without this sort of mentality we''d never create anything!

I LOVE WES

Said it a million times before, If Wes cant remember where the goal is he is a luxury we cannot afford especially in a team playing 4-4-1-1

Mark our Striker and we will not score in open play, full stop.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]But he is more of a winger than anything else.[/quote]

He can play either on wing or behind the front man, as he''s pretty good in front of goal too.

But after just hearing about Benno, even better a reason to go after Pablo!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I got shot down for mentioning huddlestone.

Reading the reports he was head and shoulders above our centre miss yesterday.[/quote]He was very good.If he stays fit for the whole season though, I''ll eat my hat.

Too bad we didnt go for Biglia. Looked class against Udinese and would created good pairing with Fer and supposedly moved on quite low fee of 5,5 million euros.

And I''m I missing something, but if we are talking the O''Hara who plays for Wolves he is quite clearly no better what we have already. Or at least I can''t think him any better than what we have in Howson.

I would even prefer someone like Skjelbred over him as he was rumoured for us in previous windows. Or mayby Albin Ekdal could come to increase our swedish force.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Too bad we didnt go for Biglia. Looked class against Udinese and would created good pairing with Fer and supposedly moved on quite low fee of 5,5 million euros. And I''m I missing something, but if we are talking the O''Hara who plays for Wolves he is quite clearly no better what we have already. Or at least I can''t think him any better than what we have in Howson. I would even prefer someone like Skjelbred over him as he was rumoured for us in previous windows. Or mayby Albin Ekdal could come to increase our swedish force.[/quote]

Biglia would have  been a useful signing....we need someone to lead the team.

cant see fox playing against bury having just played for the u21s on monday

"Said it a million times before, If Wes cant remember where the goal is he is a luxury we cannot afford especially in a team playing 4-4-1-1. Mark our Striker and we will not score in open play, full stop."

I''m not sure that is true KeelansGlove, he is only a luxury if without him the team/who he replaces are banging in goals without him, which we never seem to do.

In our first season back in the prem Wes scored 4 and got 8 assists. He was directly responsible for 12 of our 52 goals playing in that position. Last year he scored 3 and created 5, so was responsible for 8 of our 41 goals. Compared to overall amounts we scored neither is a particularly terrible return.

I''d love a number 10 who scores 10+ goals a season and creates another 10, but as far as I''m aware we don''t possess that individual and so far we haven''t bought him.

Stephen Ireland expected to leave Aston Villa. Was exceptional at Man City. Could he recapture his form? Obvious Lambert perils and wages would be a stumbling block. But I think he''s a good player, or was...