Sign in to follow this  
FramCanary

Toby Alderweireld update...

[quote user="Herman "]It was aimed at Fram''s last post.[/quote]
Ah... good to know. 

Alderweireld who was expected to become a Bayer Leverkusen player this week has apparently started searching for another club.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11913/8780157/Transfer-news-Ajax-defender-Toby-Alderweireld-close-to-joining-Bayer-LeverkusenI''m unsure as to whether he rejected them or Leverkusen changed their interest, but it appears the deal (which was close) according to his dad is now not so close.I don''t know if this means Norwich are back on the cards, or Alderweireld is very particular when choosing a club.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Alderweireld who was expected to become a Bayer Leverkusen player this week has apparently started searching for another club.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11913/8780157/Transfer-news-Ajax-defender-Toby-Alderweireld-close-to-joining-Bayer-Leverkusen

I''m unsure as to whether he rejected them or Leverkusen changed their interest, but it appears the deal (which was close) according to his dad is now not so close.

I don''t know if this means Norwich are back on the cards, or Alderweireld is very particular when choosing a club.

[/quote]

That article is a month old - Leverkusen dropped out of the running as they couldn''t afford the transfer fee Ajax demanded, Leverkusen have since signed another central defender instead.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Jesus new boy do you ever sleep?

Only been on here under current name a month and you have done over 500 posts.[/quote]

Suspicious isnt it?

[quote user="refjezdavies"][quote user="Bert sneakers"]Jesus new boy do you ever sleep?

Only been on here under current name a month and you have done over 500 posts.[/quote]

Suspicious isnt it?[/quote]All I know is he''s been on this forum 5 minutes, has started more arguments and taken more threads off topic than pretty much every poster combined.Not healthy for the message board imo !

[quote user="refjezdavies"][quote user="Bert sneakers"]Jesus new boy do you ever sleep?

Suspicious isnt it?[/quote]But he is an expert on EVERYTHING.........

Maybe he is a club insider and is joined forum to get some real info out there for the fans and to stamp out anything that is wide of the mark.

Maybe not a know it all just very much in the know.

500+ posts in less than a month, got to be a full time job.

Anybody can get to 500+ posts in well under a month if they multi post one liners one after the other instead of composing a single post of several sentences on the same thread covering the same subject.

Oh and while I am here The Club do read this forum on a regular basis as I know for a fact that the box office did not take too kindly to my thread about mixed messages over the new away ticket system. I know that because someone spoke to me about it.

A Dutch paper interviewed Alder and his reason for turning down Norwich was that although we were very ambitious there is  still a big risk of relegation  and he''d rather have the security of staying at Ajax. TBH I''m very impressed with his honesty and understand why he didn''t want to risk it, considering looking at the second half of our season from the outside.

He might be honest, but I feel a bit cautious and ultimately misinformed. It got tight at times last season, but I don''t think we were ever actually in the bottom 3 from Christmas onwards were we?

So that''s that then? Personally I think that''s a pathetic excuse, if this is true then my estimations of him are down. He recognises the ambition, but doesn''t want to be a part of it. I''ll look forward to this thread disappearing.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]A Dutch paper interviewed Alder and his reason for turning down Norwich was that although we were very ambitious there is  still a big risk of relegation  and he''d rather have the security of staying at Ajax. TBH I''m very impressed with his honesty and understand why he didn''t want to risk it, considering looking at the second half of our season from the outside.[/quote]
Pathetic excuse. In other words he would rather a cushy life and just pick up his pay cheque with zero stress or effort and doesn''t fancy pulling his socks off and getting stuck in when things get tough. 
Forget about him then. Contrast that to Bassong who moved from Spurs to Norwich and has never shirked. Sounds like precisely the wrong sort of character to have at the club. Reminds me of Michael Owen jumping ship when Newcastle were relegated, many other players stuck around and got them out of the mess which was partly caused by his constant injuries and if I remember correctly a refusal to play a game.
We don''t need Helveg''s and Jonssons who plot their next move before relegation is even a certainty, we want players to come here and give blood, sweat and tears for the cause. Ricky Van Wolfswinkel has looked UP the table by saying that he wants to take us back to our rightful place, we want more winners not whiners. 
I will retract this if he signs. Obviously. 

Crikey, where to start...

Bassong and Alderweireld are not comparable here. Bassong was not getting many games, and a move for him had the clear benefit of getting him regular playing time. Alderweireld is a regular (did someone say captain?), so has no need to move for THAT reason.

Not moving to a club because they are perceived relegation candidates doesn''t necessarily indicate a lack of character. Not when his current club are high flyers in their league and Europe regulars. He''s not leaving a club like Michael Owen did (and do you know why he left and whether he was gently pushed? Nope.)

If he has the chance to go to a club challenging for the upper reaches of its league, why would he choose a club who he sees, rightly or wrongly, as relegation candidates?

Perhaps he would only be a man of character and integrity if he chose to move to Hull instead of picking up a cushty paycheque at mid-table Norwich?

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Crikey, where to start...

Bassong and Alderweireld are not comparable here. Bassong was not getting many games, and a move for him had the clear benefit of getting him regular playing time. Alderweireld is a regular (did someone say captain?), so has no need to move for THAT reason.

Not moving to a club because they are perceived relegation candidates doesn''t necessarily indicate a lack of character. Not when his current club are high flyers in their league and Europe regulars. He''s not leaving a club like Michael Owen did (and do you know why he left and whether he was gently pushed? Nope.)

If he has the chance to go to a club challenging for the upper reaches of its league, why would he choose a club who he sees, rightly or wrongly, as relegation candidates?

Perhaps he would only be a man of character and integrity if he chose to move to Hull instead of picking up a cushty paycheque at mid-table Norwich?[/quote]
What have Hull got to do with it?
I''m a Norwich City fan. I''m allowed to take rejection badly and dislike him as a result. I reserve the right, like most football fans, to be completely bias and extremely fickle. If he signed on the dotted line I would change my stance completely.
Remember Billy Sharp? 

Toby Alderweireld plays Champion''s League football for AjaxYou can''t exactly blame him for turning down Norwich when we can''t offer him anything in Europe.Especially during a World Cup year.The guy has been entirely respectful to our club and his dad has as well.Don''t see how you can possibly slag the guy off for being apprehensive about joining us.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Toby Alderweireld plays Champion''s League football for AjaxYou can''t exactly blame him for turning down Norwich when we can''t offer him anything in Europe.Especially during a World Cup year.The guy has been entirely respectful to our club and his dad has as well.Don''t see how you can possibly slag the guy off for being apprehensive about joining us.[/quote]
He''s a Belgian Ajax player who doesn''t play for us, one who will never read this thread (unless he has far too much time on his hands), so why are you so worried about me slagging him off? Man crush? 

Well ReadingCanary, New Boy has just stated that he is exercising his right to be irrational, and like any irrational viewpoint it is pointless to even engage in conversation after it becomes clear, as logic and reason have been consigned to the dustbin.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Toby Alderweireld plays Champion''s League football for AjaxYou can''t exactly blame him for turning down Norwich when we can''t offer him anything in Europe.Especially during a World Cup year.The guy has been entirely respectful to our club and his dad has as well.Don''t see how you can possibly slag the guy off for being apprehensive about joining us.[/quote]
He''s a Belgian Ajax player who doesn''t play for us, one who will never read this thread (unless he has far too much time on his hands), so why are you so worried about me slagging him off? Man crush? 
[/quote]Because I am entitled to my opinion on the matter.In all the interviews I have read he has spoken of how he is impressed with our ambition and league position.However he also voices his fears that we could be relegated (which is of course a possibility - 3 clubs have to go down and there are lots of situations which could occur, injuries, suspensions, bad form etc)At the end of the day, especially in a world cup year, we cannot offer players of Toby''s ilk the European football they are used to.They want to prove themselves not only in domestic leagues, but in tournaments as well.It''s therefore unsurprising he has turned us down (he also turned down Bayer Leverkusen so we are not alone in the matter)When I go for a job interview, I choose the job based on multiple factors, I generally do not apply for a position which would not advance my career, and Toby clearly see''s Norwich as being below Ajax, something we must respect.It doesn''t mean he dislikes our club or thinks we are awful, he just wants something a bit more reminiscent of what he is achieving now.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Well ReadingCanary, New Boy has just stated that he is exercising his right to be irrational, and like any irrational viewpoint it is pointless to even engage in conversation after it becomes clear, as logic and reason have been consigned to the dustbin.[/quote]
And Reading Canary is just stalking me like he has been for a week now in an attempt to provoke me into conflict, yet refuses to reply to a private message in which I ask him why he is doing so. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Toby Alderweireld plays Champion''s League football for AjaxYou can''t exactly blame him for turning down Norwich when we can''t offer him anything in Europe.Especially during a World Cup year.The guy has been entirely respectful to our club and his dad has as well.Don''t see how you can possibly slag the guy off for being apprehensive about joining us.[/quote]
[/quote]

It''s called respect, New Boy. Something you''re clearly lacking in.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]Well ReadingCanary, New Boy has just stated that he is exercising his right to be irrational, and like any irrational viewpoint it is pointless to even engage in conversation after it becomes clear, as logic and reason have been consigned to the dustbin.[/quote]
And Reading Canary is just stalking me like he has been for a week now in an attempt to provoke me into conflict, yet refuses to reply to a private message in which I ask him why he is doing so. 
[/quote]I don''t read my private messages. The honest answer, is you''ve been on the mesageboard for 5minutes and done nothing but troll and take topics off topic, which is not healthy, when we want to simply discuss the issues of our club.