Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Anybody got the old Robert Chase interview?

This is a small snippet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvsSihzn0Q

Sure many can remember watching it, anybody have a full version of this? Would love to watch again, as I''m sure others would too.

What a let down he was. My memory may be failing me but didn''t somebody part with a small fortune to buy a giant Brellier banner from a Hearts fan?

Why did he stop that video just at the interesting bit? Might be worth getting in touch with the uploader if you have a YouTube account.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]What a let down he was. My memory may be failing me but didn''t somebody part with a small fortune to buy a giant Brellier banner from a Hearts fan?[/quote]

It was £75 from the Hearts Supporters Club with" Le Juge " printed on it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]What a let down he was. My memory may be failing me but didn''t somebody part with a small fortune to buy a giant Brellier banner from a Hearts fan?[/quote]

[/quote]
Ah, well hardly a ''small fortune'' then, unless they had to drive and pick it up. Wonder whether they still have it, was it you that bought it? £75 would have been a good investment if he have become a popular player.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

turned out to be some expensive bog Roll in the end Tilly....

Not been able to view the link at work, but I can remember voicing my concerns about where the club was heading through a letter to Robert Chase ( prior to Mike Walkers departure and the with rumours of all our star players being sold off)....He was kind enough to reply in person, guaranteeing that Chris Sutton would''nt be sold off and was part of the clubs future. Well we know what happened next, plus a relegation that took us forever to recover from. Yes I was definately part of the Chase out brigade. 

Different times now...Happier days with our current regime.

I too just watched this for the first time, bloody hell.I was actually living overseas when all this was going on and missed a lot of it.Grim times[:(]

is this the one he did when O''neil was in charge live on TV with Kevin Piper?

or the "If Chris Sutton isn''t here next season I wont be" one?

I still think we''d already sold Sutton when he said that....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]is this the one he did when O''neil was in charge live on TV with Kevin Piper?

or the "If Chris Sutton isn''t here next season I wont be" one?

I still think we''d already sold Sutton when he said that....[/quote]Its BBC2''s "Matter of Fact" program.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i have never seen it, will watch it when i get home![/quote]Watch it from behind the sofa, its scarey stuff[:(]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"Relegation could cost Norwich as much as £3 million pound"Oh how times have changed[/quote]Puts into perspective the "it was only £7m debt when he left" argument when comparing it with the later £20m figure which Delia''s critics frequently used against her.

Many thanks for posting this. Really interesting stuff. I just about remember it first time round.

The crying shame is that it wasn''t Paxman or Frost interviewing. Talk about let off the hook...

That interview is a joke.

Chase is the master of talking but not saying anything.

Not seen that before, and spotted myself and my now wife in the crowd at the end of the villa game.

@Lappinitup: I suspect that the £7m debt may well have been at the time of his leaving. Being relegated may have had an impact on our ability to pay back the money and meant it was piling up faster than we could pay it off.

I seem to remember that the debt was restructured several times.

He also went before the South Stand had to be replaced, and before Colney was fully developed.

So whilst the actual debt on paper was £7million I think in reality we were left in a much bigger hole than people realise.

And even then, after selling all of those players how the hell were we £7million in debt at a time when the silly big wages were only just starting to come about?