Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Most overrated players in the prem?

Cisse, Ba, Tiote, Cabaye, Jelavic, Kone, Joe Allen, Henderson, Milner, Walcott

I cannot beleive Rooney, Suraez Bale and Wilshire have been mentioned in this thread. Crazy

[quote user="87canary"] Per Mertesacker  [/quote]

I disagree.

He had a shakey start to his first season but Arsenal had the second best defence in the Prem last season and he was a key part of that.

Don''t think you get 90 caps for Germany if you''re not up to it.

imagine in wilshire wasn''t injury prone he would be the best prospect in the world (which i suppose is neymar atm). the problem is finding his form after the injury. Great player though, Great for England

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"] He has nothing for his club for two years and nothing in four years for England to suggest that he is more then a good player.[/quote]
EYYYY??! 
Two years ago was July 2011. 
In the 2011/12 season he scored 34 goals, made the EPL team of the year, and was shortlisted for the Ballon d''Or!
In addition he has scored 10 goals in his last 15 games for England.
Why do you feel the need to make up a load of crap? 
[/quote]

People really do talk out of their bums when it comes to Rooney, I always hear the "has been rubbish for the past 2-3 years" argument. It''s utter tosh.

Apparently he was "very poor" last season but he still scored 12 goals and made 10 assists in 22 premier league starts and 5 sub appearances. He contributed at least a goal every 90 minutes despite playing all over the pitch (basically never as a CF) and suffering some bad injuries.

Personally I think the hate is more to do with people not liking him as a person (which is kind of understandable), not to mention the amount of money he earns and the way he earnt that extortionate contract a few years ago

Joe Hart. He''s by no means awful, but I''m not buying him as the best keeper in the league. It''s a title he gets only because of his nationality.

[quote user="splutcho"]Joe Hart. He''s by no means awful, but I''m not buying him as the best keeper in the league. It''s a title he gets only because of his nationality.[/quote]

agreed.... its the media who give him that title.

IMO Vorm is the best keeper in the League, if not one of the best in Europe.

Welbeck, like Rooney, has had so many shouts on here I don''t see how he can be overrated if so many don''t rate him.

Carroll is getting that way too.

But none of them should be on this thread.

Jonzey wrote: "Zipper, apart from Cleverley you''ve just named four of the best players who''ve ever played in this league! Lampard is possibly on of the top five of all time, there''s no way he''s overrated. "

Hart one of the best players ever to play in the league? I mentioned him early on an really can''t see what you see in him. Terry extremely over rated and have been far better defenders than him which can be counted on fingers, toes and hairs on the back of my hand. Defoe the best of a bad bunch for England but not ground breaking, fills as gap, that''s all.

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"]Jonzey wrote: "Zipper, apart from Cleverley you''ve just named four of the best players who''ve ever played in this league! Lampard is possibly on of the top five of all time, there''s no way he''s overrated. "

Hart one of the best players ever to play in the league? I mentioned him early on an really can''t see what you see in him. Terry extremely over rated and have been far better defenders than him which can be counted on fingers, toes and hairs on the back of my hand. Defoe the best of a bad bunch for England but not ground breaking, fills as gap, that''s all.[/quote]I''m going to have to argue against that ITK. Hart is a fantastic ''keeper and has been consistent performer and ever present for an extremely strong Man City side. Ok not a legend yet, but he''s certainly not overrated. Terry is a total kn0b, but you can''t deny he is a fantastic defender who would still walk into almost anyside in Europe, let alone England. I can barely name one defender better than him over a sustained period during a time when English football is at its strongest ever.Defoe is a tremendous striker who again has performed consistently for many years at a very high level. Definitely international class.Lampard, world class. End of argument.