Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Most overrated players in the prem?

Theo Walcott - seriously rapid but has never convinced me.

Apart from that game for England, I sat round my mates absolutely ranting, saying how he had no end product before he promptly bagged the match ball.

Maybe I''ve just never gotten over that...

Rooney, Hart, Scholes, Torres, Czech, Shawcross, Wilshire, Adam, Adebayor, ETC. ETC.  - there''s a million of them really!

[quote user="NWC"]Rooney, Hart, Scholes, Torres, Czech, Shawcross, Wilshire, Adam, Adebayor, ETC. ETC.  - there''s a million of them really![/quote]
Scholes?!?!?!? 
He has to go down as his generations most underrated. Just ask Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, and any player ever to play for Man Utd! 

[quote user="6088m canary"] Strange thing with Welbeck is he would be my number one choice too....headless chicken and how he gets in ahead of J.Hernandez is beyond me!  [/quote]

He''s just a better player for the team than Hernandez, although Hernandez is clearly a better penalty box goal scorer.

Welbeck is big and strong enough to win the ball and hold it up while also having plenty of pace about him to stretch sides. He gives his side lots of options and dimensions. Most of the running he does is sensible/clever and far from headless chicken stuff.

The fact he''s been mentioned on this thread is a bit laughable. Judging by what people have said about him on here he probably belongs on the underrated players thread.

[quote user="djc"]King Rat the racist goofytooth Suarez[/quote]

You don''t actually think Suarez is overrated, do you?

Garreth Barry-just a terrible player

nathan dyer, nani, ashley young, stewart downing, gerioud, gervinho, johnny evans, jenkinson, adebyour, cleverley. i''ve noticed most of these are english.

one of our players:

bradley johnson-can do a fairly good job at tackling but hasn''t got any pace, can''t shoot (apart from the leeds v arsenal) and can''t pass, but a solid squad player.

oh yeah and Danny Graham...its like in January when it seemed most people on here wanted us to sign him.....you''re mad, why on earth would you want to sign him?

So many people have said Rooney.... why is he on this thread if so many don''t rate him?

Of course he shouldn''t be on this thread at all anyway because it is utter nonsense to think he''s anything other than a great player.

Tom Cleverley

seems to be first name on the England team sheet and I can''t for the life of me work out why. Doesn''t pass like Carrick, score like Lampard, charge about like Gerrard, win the ball like Parker, have unreliable creativity like "the Ox" what does he bring. Please someone tell me.

[quote user="GJP"]

So many people have said Rooney.... why is he on this thread if so many don''t rate him?

Of course he shouldn''t be on this thread at all anyway because it is utter nonsense to think he''s anything other than a great player.

[/quote]

Rooney certainly was a great player. He is still regarded as a great player. That is why he is now overrated. He has nothing for his club for two years and nothing in four years for England to suggest that he is more then a good player.

I would put into the pot Gervinho albeit only Wenger rates him. I''ve always been pleased to see him play us because he carries no threat whatsoever.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Rooney certainly was a great player. He is still regarded as a great player. That is why he is now overrated. He has nothing for his club for two years and nothing in four years for England to suggest that he is more then a good player.

I would put into the pot Gervinho albeit only Wenger rates him. I''ve always been pleased to see him play us because he carries no threat whatsoever.[/quote]

So the 34 goals Rooney got the season before last was nothing then...

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"] He has nothing for his club for two years and nothing in four years for England to suggest that he is more then a good player.[/quote]
EYYYY??! 
Two years ago was July 2011. 
In the 2011/12 season he scored 34 goals, made the EPL team of the year, and was shortlisted for the Ballon d''Or!
In addition he has scored 10 goals in his last 15 games for England.
Why do you feel the need to make up a load of crap? 

[quote user="Olly"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I would put into the pot Gervinho albeit only Wenger rates him. I''ve always been pleased to see him play us because he carries no threat whatsoever.[/quote]

So the 34 goals Rooney got the season before last was nothing then...[/quote]
Beat me to it, season before last was Rooney''s second best ever season! Only 2009/10 was a better year for him. 

This thread may just be the worst I''ve ever seen on the pink''un. At least 75% of the names that have been mentioned are pretty damn good players, and would instantly make our first 11 stronger.

Jealous much??

How''s Lampard overrated Zipper?

He''s a top top player. Can play deep and control the game, or further up and score shed loads. He''s Chelsea''s all time top scorerer from midfield. No way on earth he''s overrated, if anything nderrrated, as I''ve seen numerous people over the years say Gerrard is better...

Zipper, apart from Cleverley you''ve just named four of the best players who''ve ever played in this league! Lampard is possibly on of the top five of all time, there''s no way he''s overrated.

overrated players for me include;

Torres. He was awesome five years ago, but since his injury he''s been sh!te. Yet he is still paid the big bucks, gets picked for Spain and so many people seem to rate him on reputation alone. Its as if hes picked due to marketing people and investors demanding it. Yet you see him play and he''s utter gash.

Welbeck. Rated by Man U and bizarrely Hodgson. Yet he''s a terrible, terrible footballer who looks like be will fall over all the time on his Bambi legs.

Papa Cisse. Was great in his first season at Newcastle, sensational in fact. Last year he was garbage, yet still apparently he''s worth £9mill of our cash!!!! Pfffft.

Gary Doherty. I don''t wish to open old wounds, but he was rubbish yet so many City fans worshipped the ground he walked on.